Do Pullovers Work Upper Chest?

Does dumbell/barbell pullovers work the upper chest hard? because i am seeking to develop my upper portion of my chest more to get rid of the imbalance. or would you recommend pullovers with a cable machine?

Thanks.

BTW, do you keep your shoulder blades squeezed or drifted apart when performing this exercise?

I wouldn’t recomend pullovers at all for developing chest, but I may be missing something.

I would recomend steep incline or verticle pressing.

Hardly at all

I think Db/bb pullovers are a wonderful “oldschool/forgotten” exercise, but I don’t believe they work the pecs more efficiently than any pressing or fly movement. I feel them mostly in my serratus and lats.

Pullovers hit the pec minor a bit, but you’re better off doing incline work if you want to hit the upper chest.

Just another no on the pullovers and a yes to incline pressing. Go for about 60 degrees, and bring the bar down closer to your throat than your nipples if your shoulders don’t complain.

-Dan

Incline flys and
Incline Low Pulley Cable Bench Press

read this article
http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=255chest2

[quote]buffalokilla wrote:
Just another no on the pullovers and a yes to incline pressing. Go for about 60 degrees, and bring the bar down closer to your throat than your nipples if your shoulders don’t complain.

-Dan[/quote]

agree no on pullovers.

However, I like to incline at no more than 30–maybe 45–degrees. My front delts get plenty of work on a lot of other lifts. And my shoulders do not like that form. My bar will probably split the two.