Do NOT Train Like This.

when i get a firewire card i’m going to do this with some friends and get video…but we’re gonna dress up like 80’s bodybuilders (Rexkwando style’d pants) and see who can get the most air out of flying iron crosses…

it’ll be the shit…

coming summer 2005

You gotta grow a mullet, get some panama jack shades to go w/ your neon tank and zubaz. Then you’ll be “stylin’ and profylin’”. Way Cool!

this reminds me of the guy that did the 1000+ lbs bench press “assisted” which means his spotters helped…

A while back I saw someone at the gym perform cable crossovers while balancing on a stability ball (…for functionality - they were a skier :slight_smile: ). I thought it was a bit stupid at the time, now I realise they were just working on a progression towards the flying cable crossover, which, with its inherent instability, must be the ultimate in unstable training and therefore the best way to functionally train the chest.

How stupid am I? Thanks for exposing me to more advanced training methodologies.

I would love to see some more of this guy’s training. He is obviously a true genious. Maybe he could do an article for T-Nation…

Just got back from the gym. I waited until no one was around and did a few. It was a hellified shoulder workout. I did 4X6 w/ a hundo on each side. Think I’ll work in some isometric pauses next time.

I can’t believe that guy is for real.

And I wonder sometimes why there’s no respect for personal trainers.

I went to my local chain gym today to get some work experience for my PT course. I got there early so they said “why don’t you have a workout whilst you’re sitting around”. I had all my gear on me so I did. I got to see a PT taking a complete noobie through a workout. He gave her bent over rows and I though “that’s a good exercise”. Then he made her do it with a wide grip (this is a small female here) with about 10kgs on each side, ON AN OLYMPIC BAR! Her ROM was about 2". And then he says “yeah good rep, now give me 10 more”.

And I’m going to be working with this clown. Someone pls put a bullet in my head if i ever start telling ppl that shit!

But I’m still traumatised from seeing the video of that guy doing bicep shots. Seriously disturbing stuff.

What’s the problem?

No obviously horrible form, plenty of weight, great build. Egotistical perhaps, but whom among you would claim to be otherwise?

DI

I know nothing about crossovers but…

that incline is gargabe. 130’s are not that impressive…at least not enought to video tape yourself doing a single and posting it on the net. Oy

[quote]IL Cazzo wrote:
I know nothing about crossovers but…

that incline is gargabe. 130’s are not that impressive…at least not enought to video tape yourself doing a single and posting it on the net. Oy [/quote]

maybe it was a big deal to him?
Grow up.

[quote]KnightRT wrote:
What’s the problem?

No obviously horrible form, plenty of weight, great build. Egotistical perhaps, but whom among you would claim to be otherwise?

DI[/quote]

Davin is that you?

Seriously, I am not eggotisctical, self confident yes. I would not post videos of myself doing things that arent that impressive or ridiculous (if you dont think the flying crossovers are ridiculous then I dont know what to say) to promote myself. This cat reminds me of the guy in Napoleo Dynamite video taping himself throwing the football to no one. Christ watch an elite level gymnast on the rings then watch this guy flailing around on the cable crossovers and you will laugh harder.
But then again I dont know anything about crossovers either, those guys that curl in the sqaut rack, yeah when they aint curlin they are monopolizing those cable machines doing crossovers and double bicep curls you know the ones? so I stay outta their way and go lift dumbbells. Fuck typing all this instead of studying for Organci Chemistry, shit!

Nope, still not seeing the problem.

The issue with the crossovers isn’t technique, it’s that they were a stupid choice of exercise. The guy doesn’t look any taller than 5’7", and if he weighs a buck seventy-five, I’d be surprised. He’s lifting off the ground A) because the stack is too heavy, and B) intentionally to save his rotators. Legit reasons, both.

The second video is remarkable only in that it exists. Everyone’s attempted to lift something they couldn’t. A pair of 130s isn’t trivial at a weight of 170.

Ego is a failing I can tolerate if it isn’t shoved in my face. Live and let live, stupid or not.

DI

[quote]KnightRT wrote:
No obviously horrible form, [/quote]

If you think that’s good form, then you’re beyond help.

Hahah, this is some of the funniest shit I’ve ever seen. But I have to agree with KnightRT that, upon closer examination, it isn’t quite as bad as it seems. The “flight syndrome” is a common occurence when attempting to do cable exercises over bodyweight. I’m no aviator like the guy in the video, but I can speak from experience on this issue - I’ve had to tie myself down on exercises such as behind-the-neck pulldowns and even triceps pressdowns. In the video, he would have had to wear ankle weights or shackles in order to stay on the ground. I do not think the fact that he became airborne took stress off his pecs. The only real break in form that I noticed was his forward lean on a few of the later reps. This should have been avoided, but the flying antics, ridiculous as they might be, probably helped work his chest and save his RC’s, as KnightRT pointed out.

The second video wasn’t too bad either. He did get assistance on his first rep, but I don’t think it was very much - he then went on to do another one by himself. It was more of a flat press than an incline, but still, not a bad lift overall.

[quote]Al Shades wrote:
Hahah, this is some of the funniest shit I’ve ever seen. But I have to agree with KnightRT that, upon closer examination, it isn’t quite as bad as it seems. The “flight syndrome” is a common occurence when attempting to do cable exercises over bodyweight. I’m no aviator like the guy in the video, but I can speak from experience on this issue - I’ve had to tie myself down on exercises such as behind-the-neck pulldowns and even triceps pressdowns. In the video, he would have had to wear ankle weights or shackles in order to stay on the ground. I do not think the fact that he became airborne took stress off his pecs. The only real break in form that I noticed was his forward lean on a few of the later reps. This should have been avoided, but the flying antics, ridiculous as they might be, probably helped work his chest and save his RC’s, as KnightRT pointed out.

The second video wasn’t too bad either. He did get assistance on his first rep, but I don’t think it was very much - he then went on to do another one by himself. It was more of a flat press than an incline, but still, not a bad lift overall.[/quote]

If you have to tie yourself down for pulldowns, wouldn’t it be easier to do pullups?

I do primarily do pull-ups for my lats, but the bar at my gym is too thick to go behind the neck. So, I do behind-the-neck pulldowns instead. They target the lats well.