Do Not Get Vaccinated!

This Moulden guy is a quack. Defining vaccination as a surgical procedure? His big beef with the MMR link to autism has been debunked continuously over the past few years. If he does have evidence of adverse effects of these vaccinations it needs to be published in a peer reviewed journal before anyone should even think about taking him seriously.

[quote]SpookMayest wrote:
I’m pretty sure I never said they don’t work. Hm let me see… Oh that’s right, I certainly did NOT state or imply that they do not work. You could try reading the words I write instead of assuming my meaning based on skimming a few words from each sentence.
As for being selfish, I won’t argue with you on that point. I could go on a tirade on my sentiments about collectivism and how I feel about the human race in general, but I think that would prompt a lot more dumbass inferences that I don’t feel like dealing with.

[/quote]

Herd immunity protects you, anyway. Now, if we all thought the same as you…

I dont belive in autism, its a “phase” :wink:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
Young Mother: We’re not vaccinating.

[Baby giggles and coos]

Young Mother: [Takes a toy frog and starts to make frog sounds]
Gribbit, gribbit, gribbit. [Giggles]

[Baby smiles and giggles too]

House: Think they don’t work?

Young Mother: I think some multinational pharmaceutical company wants
me to think they work. Pad their bottom line.

House: Mmmm. May I? [He takes the frog and starts to do the gribbit
noise with the baby]

Young Mother: [Whispered] Sure.

House: Gribbit, gribbit, gribbit. [The baby laughs] All natural no
dies. That’s a good business: all-natural children’s toys. Those toy
companies, they don’t arbitrarily mark up their frogs. They don’t lie
about how much they spend in research and development. The worst a toy
company can be accused of is making a really boring frog.

[Young Mother laughs and so does House. The baby giggles again]

House: Gribbit, gribbit, gribbit. You know another really good
business? Teeny tiny baby coffins. You can get them in frog green or
fire engine red. Really. The antibodies in yummy mummy only protect
the kid for 6 months, which is why these companies think they can
gouge you. They think that you’ll spend whatever they ask to keep your
kid alive. Want to change things? Prove them wrong. A few hundred
parents like you decide they’d rather let their kid die then cough up
40 bucks for a vaccination, believe me, prices will drop REALLY fast.
Gribbit, gribbit, gribbit, gribbit, gribbit.

[/quote]

Clever little drama, but plays to fear and doesn’t answer the main point: are vaccines effective or not. The above is basically a veiled threat.

[quote]nik133 wrote:
I know that with the swine flu outbreak there is talk of mass vaccination, I implore you PLEASE DO NOT GET VACCINATED! ( ://www.windsorstar.com/Health/Vaccinate+Canadians+under+natives+first+experts/1718965/story.html ). Vaccines have been known to have Mercury which can cause Brain Damage or Autism. The last swine flu outbreak in 1976 there was one death from the actual flu, however 25 people died from the vaccine and 500 contracted Guillain-Barr�© syndrome which affects the peripheral nervous system, DO NOT GET VACCINATED!!! ( Do Not Take A Swine Flu Vaccine! - Global ResearchGlobal Research - Centre for Research on Globalization)
(1976 swine flu outbreak - Wikipedia ) Please do not get the vaccine, I know I won’t be getting mine.[/quote]

Dear God, thank goodness you’re here!, I would hate to catch autism at age 19…wait…the part of me that’s not a complete dumbass is telling me that autism is something that develops and is apparent at a very early age while crucial parts of the brain are still developing…

Hi, being a biology major, I am aware of the complexities of the immune system. That does not make me anymore likely to get vaccinated. Never said I don’t think we should stop giving them. It’s a personal choice on my part as it is for everyone else. I’m simply representing one side of the matter as a non-vaccinated person. [/quote]

Hi, being a neuroscience major, I am aware of the complexities of the entire body. One thing that I have learned is that people who do not get vaccinated put everyone they know at risk for the illness (even the vaccinated ones) because vaccines are about 95% effective. I am actually very happy when I hear that people who don’t live near me aren’t getting vaccinated. The world needs a good population curbing and you are doing us all a favor. You don’t deserve to get lectured about the importance of vaccines; you deserve a reward. Your trophy is in the mail, but hopefully it gets there before the swine flu does.

[quote]DaCharmingAlbino wrote:
Aragorn wrote:
Young Mother: We’re not vaccinating.

[Baby giggles and coos]

Young Mother: [Takes a toy frog and starts to make frog sounds]
Gribbit, gribbit, gribbit. [Giggles]

[Baby smiles and giggles too]

House: Think they don’t work?

Young Mother: I think some multinational pharmaceutical company wants
me to think they work. Pad their bottom line.

House: Mmmm. May I? [He takes the frog and starts to do the gribbit
noise with the baby]

Young Mother: [Whispered] Sure.

House: Gribbit, gribbit, gribbit. [The baby laughs] All natural no
dies. That’s a good business: all-natural children’s toys. Those toy
companies, they don’t arbitrarily mark up their frogs. They don’t lie
about how much they spend in research and development. The worst a toy
company can be accused of is making a really boring frog.

[Young Mother laughs and so does House. The baby giggles again]

House: Gribbit, gribbit, gribbit. You know another really good
business? Teeny tiny baby coffins. You can get them in frog green or
fire engine red. Really. The antibodies in yummy mummy only protect
the kid for 6 months, which is why these companies think they can
gouge you. They think that you’ll spend whatever they ask to keep your
kid alive. Want to change things? Prove them wrong. A few hundred
parents like you decide they’d rather let their kid die then cough up
40 bucks for a vaccination, believe me, prices will drop REALLY fast.
Gribbit, gribbit, gribbit, gribbit, gribbit.

Clever little drama, but plays to fear and doesn’t answer the main point: are vaccines effective or not. The above is basically a veiled threat.[/quote]

No, because it would not be him killing her kid.

Warning someone not to play in traffic is also no veiled threat.

[quote]nik133 wrote:
I know that with the swine flu outbreak there is talk of mass vaccination, I implore you PLEASE DO NOT GET VACCINATED! ( ://www.windsorstar.com/Health/Vaccinate+Canadians+under+natives+first+experts/1718965/story.html ). Vaccines have been known to have Mercury which can cause Brain Damage or Autism. The last swine flu outbreak in 1976 there was one death from the actual flu, however 25 people died from the vaccine and 500 contracted Guillain-Barr�?�© syndrome which affects the peripheral nervous system, DO NOT GET VACCINATED!!! ( Do Not Take A Swine Flu Vaccine! - Global ResearchGlobal Research - Centre for Research on Globalization)
(1976 swine flu outbreak - Wikipedia ) Please do not get the vaccine, I know I won’t be getting mine.[/quote]

[quote]OrcusDM wrote:
In England, we’re just seeing the start of an increase of the incidence of infection from mumps because of the MMR scare. MMR vaccines don’t give kids autism, but mumps can make you sterile and give you enormous balls.[/quote]

Not everything is directly referring to you, SpookyMayest.

[quote]Soccerstr078 wrote:
SpookMayest wrote:
Hi, being a biology major, I am aware of the complexities of the immune system. That does not make me anymore likely to get vaccinated. Never said I don’t think we should stop giving them. It’s a personal choice on my part as it is for everyone else. I’m simply representing one side of the matter as a non-vaccinated person.

Hi, being a neuroscience major, I am aware of the complexities of the entire body. One thing that I have learned is that people who do not get vaccinated put everyone they know at risk for the illness (even the vaccinated ones) because vaccines are about 95% effective. I am actually very happy when I hear that people who don’t live near me aren’t getting vaccinated. The world needs a good population curbing and you are doing us all a favor. You don’t deserve to get lectured about the importance of vaccines; you deserve a reward. Your trophy is in the mail, but hopefully it gets there before the swine flu does.[/quote]

Oh no you mean they’re sending swine flu in the mail now too?! I thought that stopped with anthrax, which we were also at high risk for! Shit there’s no safe place in the world!

Again, might I add that I could give a shit if others get vaccinated. As you say, diseases are helping to curb the population and I am definitely not opposed to thinning the herd of the weak ones. Not to mention, I live far away from the nearest town center, so in the incident of another plague/zombie attack,etc, I am not too worried. We all have our time to die and if I contract small pox then slap my ass and call me Sally. I’ll tip my hat to you then.

Until then, how’s about we keep the ill wishes to a minimum? It’s a little rude to tell people that you’ll be happy when they keel over as a result of their decision to forgo a medical procedure. That’s like saying “Well jackass you got what you deserved” to a cancer patient who decides not to go through chemo. Yes I’m aware that they couldn’t prevent the disease, blah blah, but the principle holds.

Now I’m going to get started on my letter begging forgiveness from the American population, seeing as how I’m putting them all in grave danger.

[quote]OrcusDM wrote:
nik133 wrote:
I know that with the swine flu outbreak there is talk of mass vaccination, I implore you PLEASE DO NOT GET VACCINATED! ( ://www.windsorstar.com/Health/Vaccinate+Canadians+under+natives+first+experts/1718965/story.html ). Vaccines have been known to have Mercury which can cause Brain Damage or Autism. The last swine flu outbreak in 1976 there was one death from the actual flu, however 25 people died from the vaccine and 500 contracted Guillain-Barr�??�?�© syndrome which affects the peripheral nervous system, DO NOT GET VACCINATED!!! ( Do Not Take A Swine Flu Vaccine! - Global ResearchGlobal Research - Centre for Research on Globalization)
(1976 swine flu outbreak - Wikipedia ) Please do not get the vaccine, I know I won’t be getting mine.
OrcusDM wrote:
In England, we’re just seeing the start of an increase of the incidence of infection from mumps because of the MMR scare. MMR vaccines don’t give kids autism, but mumps can make you sterile and give you enormous balls.

Not everything is directly referring to you, SpookyMayest.[/quote]

[quote]OrcusDM wrote:
I’m fully up to date on vaccines. I’m perfectly healthy too! One person saying their healthy without vaccines does not mean vaccines don’t work.[/quote]

No need to get snappy, Orcus. Being the self centered person I am, I assumed you were referencing me since I said that I remain healthy without being vaccinated.

Oh no you mean they’re sending swine flu in the mail now too?! I thought that stopped with anthrax, which we were also at high risk for! Shit there’s no safe place in the world!

Again, might I add that I could give a shit if others get vaccinated. As you say, diseases are helping to curb the population and I am definitely not opposed to thinning the herd of the weak ones. Not to mention, I live far away from the nearest town center, so in the incident of another plague/zombie attack,etc, I am not too worried. We all have our time to die and if I contract small pox then slap my ass and call me Sally. I’ll tip my hat to you then.

Until then, how’s about we keep the ill wishes to a minimum? It’s a little rude to tell people that you’ll be happy when they keel over as a result of their decision to forgo a medical procedure. That’s like saying “Well jackass you got what you deserved” to a cancer patient who decides not to go through chemo. Yes I’m aware that they couldn’t prevent the disease, blah blah, but the principle holds.

Now I’m going to get started on my letter begging forgiveness from the American population, seeing as how I’m putting them all in grave danger.
[/quote]
Swine flu is still spreading in case you did not know…

And no, the “principle” does not hold. Saying something like that to a cancer patient is nowhere close to being the same thing. Chemo is not a preventative measure while vaccines are. Chemo is a treatment… vaccines are not. You take the vaccine to prevent the disease.

Are you also against Gardasil which prevents cervical cancer? 12,000 females are diagnosed every year and 4,000 die from cervical cancer. We should probably go against everything that scientists do to prolong life.

Hi, being a biology major, I am aware of the complexities of the immune system. That does not make me anymore likely to get vaccinated. Never said I don’t think we should stop giving them. It’s a personal choice on my part as it is for everyone else. I’m simply representing one side of the matter as a non-vaccinated person. [/quote]

Have you ever lived in campus housing?

As far as I know most colleges require you to be vaccinated for hepatitis and 2 other things that I can’t remember, before you are allowed to live in campus housing.

It’s either that or you have to get them to even attend in university at all.

I know here in TN that’s how things work.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
Have you ever lived in campus housing?

As far as I know most colleges require you to be vaccinated for hepatitis and 2 other things that I can’t remember, before you are allowed to live in campus housing.

It’s either that or you have to get them to even attend in university at all.

I know here in TN that’s how things work.[/quote]

Pretty sure that’s universal now.

[quote]Soccerstr078 wrote:
SpookMayest wrote:

And no, the “principle” does not hold. Saying something like that to a cancer patient is nowhere close to being the same thing. Chemo is not a preventative measure while vaccines are. Chemo is a treatment… vaccines are not. You take the vaccine to prevent the disease.

Are you also against Gardasil which prevents cervical cancer? 12,000 females are diagnosed every year and 4,000 die from cervical cancer. We should probably go against everything that scientists do to prolong life.[/quote]

It’s sweet of you to show concern for the ladies, but in the few years since Gardasil became available, it’s caused a huge amount of health complications in the women who have had it. When I’m not sleep deprived I will find a few links for evidence. Not to mention there are (again, don’t remember exactly), let’s just say a shit-ton of strains of HPV (the virus that causes cervical cancer), and Gardasil only protects against a few of them. And yes, “shit-ton” is a scientific unit of measurement.

And have you gotten your swine flu vaccine?
I’m going to bed, see you guys tomorrow.

Oh and Waylander, I just tell them my religion prohibits it. Convenient, huh?

Ahhh the internet…

Where people will fucking argue about anything.

I’m never getting vaccinated for anyting again.

Soccerstr078 wrote:
SpookMayest wrote:

Are you also against Gardasil which prevents cervical cancer? 12,000 females are diagnosed every year and 4,000 die from cervical cancer. We should probably go against everything that scientists do to prolong life.

It’s sweet of you to show concern for the ladies, but in the few years since Gardasil became available, it’s caused a huge amount of health complications in the women who have had it. When I’m not sleep deprived I will find a few links for evidence. Not to mention there are (again, don’t remember exactly), let’s just say a shit-ton of strains of HPV (the virus that causes cervical cancer), and Gardasil only protects against a few of them. And yes, “shit-ton” is a scientific unit of measurement.

And have you gotten your swine flu vaccine?
I’m going to bed, see you guys tomorrow.

Oh and Waylander, I just tell them my religion prohibits it. Convenient, huh?[/quote]

Gardasil? Please, that drug has nothing but problems surrounding it if you do some research.
http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2008/07/07/adversereactions-gardasil.html

[quote]earp wrote:
This Moulden guy is a quack. Defining vaccination as a surgical procedure? His big beef with the MMR link to autism has been debunked continuously over the past few years. If he does have evidence of adverse effects of these vaccinations it needs to be published in a peer reviewed journal before anyone should even think about taking him seriously.[/quote]

Agree with the vaccines but here’s an Interesting quote from Marcia Angell, the former editor-in-chief of The New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM):

"Let me tell you the dirty secret of medical journals: It is very hard to find enough articles to publish. With a rejection rate of 90 percent for original research, we were hard pressed to find 10 percent that were worth publishing. So you end up publishing weak studies because there is so much bad work out there. Doctors, Angell says, are not skeptical enough about what they read in top journals. They should say, I don’t believe this; prove it to me.

Just cause it’s in a journal doesn’t appear to mean shit.

Hi, being a biology major, I am aware of the complexities of the immune system. [/quote]

I’m way to young to be calling anyone a dumb kid, but since Rainjack isn’t here anymore…

Are you a Doctor? Do you specialize in Immunology? Virology?

No, you’re a student majoring in biology. You maybe aware of the tip of the iceberg, but the rest is far beyond your comprehension.

[quote]stockzy wrote:
earp wrote:
This Moulden guy is a quack. Defining vaccination as a surgical procedure? His big beef with the MMR link to autism has been debunked continuously over the past few years. If he does have evidence of adverse effects of these vaccinations it needs to be published in a peer reviewed journal before anyone should even think about taking him seriously.

Agree with the vaccines but here’s an Interesting quote from Marcia Angell, the former editor-in-chief of The New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM):

"Let me tell you the dirty secret of medical journals: It is very hard to find enough articles to publish. With a rejection rate of 90 percent for original research, we were hard pressed to find 10 percent that were worth publishing. So you end up publishing weak studies because there is so much bad work out there. Doctors, Angell says, are not skeptical enough about what they read in top journals. They should say, I don’t believe this; prove it to me.

Just cause it’s in a journal doesn’t appear to mean shit.

[/quote]

So…if it can’t make it into a peer reviewed journal…then…