Do Meatheads Dream of Iron Sheep?

@kpsnap I lifted solo today, but I’ll see what I can do for next week!

Friday 8/26/16

BW 266

Press

95x8
115x5
135x5
155x5
165x5
135x10

Face Pulls

4 sets of 12

Notes: I went right to pullups after my pressing, but they hurt my left pec so I shut those down. Same with dips. Took that as a sign to start my weekend early and intact, did some face pulls and called it a day.

That is actually one of the hardest lessons to learn, knowing when to call it a day when things don’t feel right.

Make sure you hydrate well over the weekend.

2 Likes

@2busy Well I probably hydrated a little too well over the weekend, but my week is off to a good start now. Body feels good so I think I made the right call on Friday.

Monday 8/29/16

BW 267

Squat

135x5
225x5
315x3
405x1
315x15
275x7
275x10

Leg Press

3 sets of 560x10

Hamstring Curls

3 sets of 12

Notes: Well I haven’t gotten any tougher or better conditioned since the last time I took 315 for a ride. 20 reps still eludes me. My partner managed 455x8 and 275x15.

@kpsnap I remembered to get you some squat footage from the side, but not a personalized encouragement recording. I’ll see about that tonight.

Here’s today’s top set:

I have reached the LOVELY age that any workout where I don’t warmup, do mobility drills, and foam roll, I get hurt.

EVERY.

SINGLE.

TIME.

@Canada_K I don’t think I’m much different there either. I don’t do a lot of mobility drills (yet), but I always get warmed up on any movement, always starting with the bar. Except on deadlifts. I’m not smart enough to figure out how to warm up with anything less than 135.

Tuesday 8/30/16

BW 265

Bench Press

95x8
135x5
185x5
225x5
240x8
250x3 (tried out a Mark Bell Slingshot)
225x10
205x10

Dips

3 sets of 8

Barbell Rows

135x10
225x10
225x10
225x10
225x14

Cable Circuit

Curls
Facepulls
Pulldowns

3 rounds no rest

Notes: Partner had another strong showing on bench, getting 250 for 12. He’s been getting stronger.

Here’s today’s last set of rows. Someone call The Form Police!

2 Likes

Looking amazing Mr.!!! Your a handsome man :blush: trying to say that in a tasteful way makes me sound like an old lady haha

1 Like

THE**Y’**RE HERE!!! Last set? of heavy rows? Form is good, MOVE THAT WEIGHT!!!

This made me LOL

EDIT: My grammar or spelling or whatever it is can be embarrassing LOL

1 Like

Well, aren’t you just the ladies’ man these days! So many ancillary benefits that go along with weight training . . .

2 Likes

@countrygirl2016 Why thank you. You’re among friends here, so feel free to stretch the boundaries of good taste at any time. I appreciate compliments that span a wide spectrum of decorum.

@BOTSLAYER I think you’d fit right in with my partner and I. You’re fuckin-A right we’re gonna MOVE THAT WEIGHT!!!

@kpsnap I’m getting there. I’d give you the naked truth about the matter, but that would be stretching the boundaries of good taste a little too far, and it might also violate local obscenity ordinances. I will try to remember to ask my partner to do a personalized motivational recording on Thursday. We have guest deadlifters joining us, and I think we can have a little fun with it.

1 Like

You young whippersnappers get all the chicks…errr, I mean all the esteemed female attention.

2 Likes

Gosh, your writing really makes me smile.

And no pressure for your training partner to make that recording. Not that it wouldn’t be really motivating and all . . .

Guest DLers. That sounds intriguing.

@punnyguy The secret is the toe shoes. Women can’t resist them.

@kpsnap I’m always glad to put a smile on someone’s face. Too bad I forgot to ask my partner again today. Don’t worry, you’ll be so fucking motivated you’ll want to do something stupid, like I did today.

Thursday 9/1/16

BW 267

Deadlift

135x5
225x5
315x3
405x3
495x1
545x1
575x1
605x1 (5lb PR)
495xNah. Nope. Uh-uh.
405x5

Kettlebell Swings

4 sets of 25

Notes: My new roommate has been feeding me a lot of meatloaf and I felt really good today, so I decided to get frisky. I want to KNOW that I own 600 pounds. So I pulled 605 today, in the middle of a training cycle and the week after a particularly hard deadlift workout. Its mine. Yeah buddy.

My partner and Cpt. 400lb Bench each hit 575, besting last week’s efforts. My partner hit 495x10 afterwards, setting a 2 rep PR for his closer-together, “pure conventional” stance. Unreal.

Here’s today’s big pull.

2 Likes

You are fucking amazing! Way to go!

1 Like

It’s all in the hands, lol!

Epic! Nice work!

You made 605 look easy. Way to go.

@ChickenLittle @The_Myth @biker Thanks everyone!

Friday 9/2/16

BW 267

Press

95x8
115x5
135x5
155x5
135x8

Lateral raises supersetted with band pull-aparts

3 sets

Tricep pushdowns

3 sets of 12

Curls

3 sets of 12

Notes: No partner today. I was BEAT UP from that pull yesterday, and didn’t have a whole lot left. Did some work and called it quits for the week.

Tuesday 9/6/16

BW 268

Squat

135x5
225x5
315x5
405x5

Bench Press

95x8
135x5
155x5
185x5
225x5
245x8

Pull-ups

1 set of 8
1 set of 5

Facepulls

3 sets of 12

Kettlebell Swings - 88 pounder

1 set of 50

Notes: My partner and I are both pretty beat-up. I also felt a sharp line of pain that ran all the way down the middle of my bicep while I was doing pullups. So I stopped doing those, tried some lat pulldowns and those hurt too. So I just finished with facepulls and swings. I’m going to have to nurse this for the next few days.

1 Like

Feel better soon and REST!!!

@countrygirl2016 Good news. I seem to be on the mend!

Thursday 9/8/16

BW 268

Deadlift

135xMany
225x5
315x5
405x15 (PR)
A few more singles at 405 and 315.

Notes: My bicep was still aggravating me, so I went with straps on my top set. I also skipped swings and overall took things pretty easy today. I think it was needed, given how much I’ve been beating myself up on deadlift day these past few weeks.

Some new lady working at the desk apparently doesn’t like the sounds of men getting stronger, so she quite rudely put some extra mats down under the bar. Without saying anything. During the middle of a set. Just the sort of thing we all love when our spine is under load.

Like petty children, we just slammed the barbell even louder. We didn’t want to be doing mat pulls, so we stood on some plates, making it a bit of a deficit deadlift. I figure that was off-set by the bit of extra bounce I got from the mats, so it was close enough to a normal deadlift that it counts for a rep PR. I believe my previous best was 12 at 405.

I’m going to talk to the owner. I’ve been deadlifting there for years and I specifically asked if heavy deadlifts were acceptable before signing up for this past year. I don’t feel like we are ever louder than we need to be. We’re definitely quieter than the Zumba people. Hell, I even choose the least-clangy plates and a really stiff bar that seems to be quieter when doing reps. There’s more than a few people who don’t do that and make even more racket lifting far less weight than we do.

/end rant.

Interesting side note: We’ve been using the Rob Gronkowski 2000 pound power bar for deadlifts these past few months. I never knew Gronk has a line of barbells until we looked at the end of this one. It is super-stiff, which I kinda like. If I can pull 600+ with that, I’d love to see what I could do with a whippy deadlift bar like the one I used a year and a half ago to PR with 571.

Here’s today’s top set.

2 Likes

Happy your feeling better!!! I can’t believe the lady doing that while your in the middle of your set. That’s ridiculous and I would say something for sure. Great job even though it looks silly HA!