Do Meatheads Dream of Iron Sheep?

Mid thirties? In that case I am 29!

1 Like

Beer = excess weight.

No, it’s hydration.

Hydration is very important.

2 Likes

Looking strong TJS. I agree with beer being hydration. And I like to hydrate a lot. As a matter of fact I like to carbo load and hydrate almost every weekend.

2 Likes

@2busy I think that’s a reasonable prediction for my well-hydrated future.

@ChickenLittle You can be whatever you want to be nowadays. Even a 29 year-old man. Just say what you are and it becomes true, and then sue the crap out of the first motherfucker that tells you otherwise.

@biker Sorry, I didn’t quite catch what you said. My phone is messed up today.

@NHLFTR Thanks NHL Fighter. New England has many great opportunities for hydration. We live in blessed times.

Wednesday 8/17/16

BW 265

Deload

One arm kettlebell swings - 50 pounder

One set of 60 or 70.

Deadlift - Dead-stop speed pulls

135x10
225x10
315x5

Kettlebell press - 50 pounder

15 presses per arm

Pull ups

One set of 7
One set of 6

Kettlebell Swings - 88 pounder

2 sets of 30

Notes: I was dumb and didn’t warm up my upper body. It was “just” a rest week workout. I’m not injured, but I did get hurt in my bicep doing pullups. Dumb.

Joking aside, my beer intake is WAY down from what it used to be. I’m getting away with a few on weekends, but I’m due to put together another month or two of no alcohol. That definitely accelerates progress.

1 Like

That is so funny! Funny because I can do many “manly” things, so everyone assumes I am a lesbian or transgender. I am neither. I am comfortable enough with myself, to BE myself. And that scares the ever loving shit out of all of them!

1 Like

I LOVE BEER on the weekend :heart_eyes: since it’s light I let myself believe it’s healthy too haha!!! Not an alcoholic but after working hard during the week I can use a couple.

:open_mouth:

So am I!

I just have 25 years experience of being 29.

:wink:

2 Likes

Heres the movement I mentioned starting at the 9:00 mark that might help you with the elbow thing on squats. It is harder than it looks.

@ChickenLittle If there’s one thing I learned by growing my hair long and rocking a biker beard in my mid 30’s, it is to enjoy the dumb reactions from people who don’t know anything about me.

@countrygirl2016 I confess. I enjoyed a few beers this weekend too. It is hard not to when you go camping and then spend a Sunday afternoon in Portland, Maine. Let’s see what tales the scale tells this week.

@2busy I observe a lot of things bouncing. One of them I call “The Big Lie Phenomenon”. Guys try it all the time. The Big Lie is just a filter mechanism. If the girl is dumb enough to believe it, you’re probably getting lucky. If the girl doesn’t believe it but plays along anyway, you’re probably getting lucky. If the girl sniffs your lie out right away, well, that just means she isn’t companion material.

@bulldog9899 Thanks for the video. I’ve always liked Duffin’s thoughts on lifting. I will check it out and see what I can apply.

Friday 8/19/16

BW 264

Deload week

Sets of

One Handed Swings - Fifty Pounder

1 set of 50

DB Strict Press

3 sets of 45x10

Notes: I forgot to log this over the weekend. I never forget to log! This must be what happens when you are Over 35.

Monday 8/22/16

BW 266

Squat

135x5
225x5
315x3
405x1
455x1
405x6
315x8

Leg Press

3 sets of 560x10

Hamstring Curls on the little chair machine

3 sets of 12

Notes: Felt pretty good today. My first two reps on my top set of 405 were bad, and a good reminder of why I need to work on all-around tightness (thanks again for pointing that out @bulldog9899).

After a little goading from me, my partner worked up to an easy single at 495, then busted out 455 for 7. He dropped down to 315 with me and hit that for like 15. He’s a squatting machine.

Here’s today’s heavy single:

And here’s today’s top set.

Physique is looking good! Your training partner is always so encouraging. May I borrow him sometime? I’d love to see your squats filmed from the side.

@kpsnap Thanks! The physique is definitely improving, slowly but surely. My partner is a squatting machine, but he’s also a yelling in your face machine. Lifting with him is a lot of fun and we’re both pushing hard. I’d let you borrow him, but his wife might an opinion about that.

I have some squat sets filmed from the side and there should be a few from relatively recently. You can scroll up in my log or just go to my youtube channel, under the same name. All I have on there are the lifting videos I’ve posted to my log and some incoherent drunken rants about our reptilian overlords and their chemtrails, so you should be able to find my side-view squats pretty easily.

Tuesday 8/23/16

BW 265

Bench Press

135x5
185x5
225x3
255x1
275x1
295x1
315x0
225x8

Dips

1 set of 10
5 sets of 5

Barbell Rows (with straps)

1 set of 135x10
3 sets of 225x10
1 set of 225x20 (ugly)

Cable Circuit

Facepulls
Pulldowns
Curls

3 rounds no rest:

Notes: Partner got 315x2, 1 rep shy of his all-time PR. I knew trying 315 was a bad idea based on how 295 moved, but I did it anyway. And I failed.

I was ready to be done with rows after the third set, but my partner goaded me into doing an all-out set of 20, deliberately throwing form out the window. These were ugly but felt good and didn’t feel like I was putting myself at risk. I just moved that barbell to my chest any way I could 20 times. That got the heart racing.

Here’s today’s failed rep:

Nice shirt Bro!

And, I don’t care what @countrygirl2016 says, I hate your partner for goading you into failure. He’s a dick!

JK - love your partner.

1 Like

hahaha… @The_Myth don’t worry, no one is as awesome as you :wink: bet you care what I think now!!

1 Like

I don’t think the 315 was a complete failure. You know what it feels like now, so keep trying. Good workout patners encourage and push.

@countrygirl2016 @The_Myth I think we just need to hug this one out. There we go. Nice and sweaty. Sorry about the smell.

@biker I agree. That’s the second time I’ve had that weight in my hands. I think I’m good for it on a better day, and I will try it again sometime in the next few months. If it doesn’t fall, well, I suppose it will have to wait until I start eating for strength again.

Thursday 8/25/16

BW 267

Deadlift

135x10
225x5
315x3
405x3
495x1
545x1
565x1
495x5
405x10

4 sets of 25

Notes: Captain 400 pound bench pulled with us today, and pulled well. But I was the only one who got 565 up! We also let him choose the bar, and he chose a thick and heavily knurled bar that I’ve never pulled with. Everything felt heavier with the thicker bar and the knurling murdered my hands. I used straps for 495x5 and 405x10.

Here’s the last set from today’s pulling.

1 Like

Maybe you could just record your workout partner cheering for me? And I could play it on tough sets? My name is Karen, if he wants to personalize the recording . . .

3 Likes