Do Meatheads Dream of Iron Sheep?

@twojarslave you look freakin awesome!!!

@The_Myth Thanks. Even though I PR’d, I wasn’t happy with 315x16. I feel like I should have 315x20 no problem, but it eludes me. Better conditioning and more nutsack is the solution, I believe.

@biker You would have won that bet. I didn’t feel like cooking, so I went to the bar I work at and ate a 1/2 lb burger patty, a LARGE portion of grilled onions, mushrooms and peppers and about 3 cups of broccoli. Washed it down with two Amstel Lights.

@countrygirl2016 I think you just made my face get redder than it was on the 16th rep yesterday! But just like you, I’m NOT happy with where I’m at right now. If I were a smarter man, I would have had water with my dinner instead of Amstel Light!

2 Likes

@twojarslave haha I do think you look great and appreciate you letting us see your progress! I plan on showing mine when I get more intense lifting. Right now it would look like a warmup compared to everyone else. I should be drinking more water too but Busch Light sounds refreshing sometimes. I guess the “light” part makes me feel better about myself :beers:

I’m behind. I’ve been away awhile.

SIX HUNDRED POUNDS!?!?!?!?

wtf

@countrygirl2016 I always appreciate a compliment, especially when it is coming from a woman with a shotgun and dinner in her avatar!

@Canada_K wtf is right. I should have had that lift a LONG time ago!

Tuesday 7/19/16

BW 270

Bench Press

95x8
135x5
185x5
225x3
245x7
225x10

Fat Boy Dips

One set of 7
5 sets of 5

Kroc Rows

3 sets of 100x20

Curls and band pull-aparts

3 sets

Notes: The rumors are true. Dips work your chest. I’m expecting to be a new kind of sore tomorrow, since I’ve never done a dip in my life until today.

Partner hit 250x10, his strongest showing on bench in a while. Here’s my top set:

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone would want to make a show about my squatting my ass off and swimming afterwards either. (Yes, I do more than that)

@paules Perhaps not, but you can always start a log, which is kind of like your own show. One with multiple, sometimes even dozens of viewers from a self-selecting audience of lifting enthusiasts. This breed also seems to appreciate tales of debauchery, low jests and dark humor, while tolerating the occasional tasteless comment.

My kind of people. Everyone who reads and comments has my gratitude.

3 Likes

I need to get back into doing dips. I have video somewhere in my log doing them.

1 Like

@2busy I’m not so sure about those dips this morning. They left me a little tender. You might want to try picking 600 pounds up instead. You don’t get nearly as sore.

1 Like

I’m a little ways off of that level of pull, but I’ll get there :slight_smile:

1 Like

@biker Good news. We now have two consecutive weeks of dander-free back pockets. She insisted that I confirm this blessing three different times. As a business analyst, I can certainly appreciate the value in being thorough. What if there was dander, and she put her iphone in there with it?

I overhear a lot of very raunchy conversations working there, and I suspect more than a few ladies have said some of these things with an intent for it to be heard by me. I don’t really complain about that, but when I heard the words “sumo deadlift”, she had my attention. So I lined up a gym date next week with an athletic-looking 330 pound deadlifter (that’s the bar weight, not her weight) on what ended up being a busier night than the Super Bowl for the bar.

It was a lot of fun, and I didn’t have to bounce anyone either. Easy money. Crappy money, but easy money. I think I’ve found my calling.

3 Likes

Keep up the good “work”.

Outstanding work, good sir.

1 Like

@biker If you insist.

@ActivitiesGuy Thanks. I’m excited to get to know this power lady a little better.

Thursday 7/21/16

BW 267

Deadlift

135x5
225x5
315x5
405x3
500x1 (Honorary ActivitiesGuy pull)
425x10

Press

95x8
135x10
135x10
135x10

Pull Ups

One set of 8
Seven sets of 5

Notes: Pleased to see a new low on the scale. I really haven’t been nailing my diet the last two weeks. It has been HOT - I’m talking high 80’s people - and I don’t have AC. Cooking in a hot and muggy kitchen isn’t my thing, so I’ve been eating out quite a bit and even having some beers, but still keeping things reigned in enough to see progress. Making good choices - mostly meat and veggies with light beer - when eating out is key.

I’m heading to Florida to visit family for a few days, but I’ll hit the retirement community’s gym while I’m down there. I’ll come up with something creative to do with the equipment I have before coming back next week.

Partner matched all of my efforts today, but he’s trying conventional deadlift for the first time in a while. He’s been a semi-sumo deadlifter (similar to Brian Shaw) since I’ve known him. Here is today’s top set:

4 Likes

You are wasting away, eat a fucking sandwich will ya!

Great work!

@The_Myth Thanks. Sandwiches are few and far between for me nowadays. My kitchen is basically empty, so it was a microwaved can of baked beans for me last night.

I just dared to look at the forecast for the part of Florida I’m going to be in for the next five days. Mid 90’s and humid. Those are not ideal conditions for 267 pound men.

Sorry, but this funny! :joy::joy::joy: Don’t worry, they have air conditioning in Florida!

@ChickenLittle I found the air conditioning. I also found the bar and the pool at my hotel. I haven’t been attacked by an alligator or a meth-crazed Floridian yet, so I think this large northerner should be able to enjoy my time in this oppressive climate.

2 Likes

Oppressive climate? Try 115 here yesterday. But, the good is… it is easier to find dander on skimply clad, tanned bodies. :wink:

Well I happen to be in a retirement community, but I suppose I could help an older gal verify the absence of dander. But only if she approached me with a sincere concern, like the lovely lass who frequents my place of work and toil.

1 Like