Do Knee Wraps

I have a pair of knee wraps I purchased about a year ago. Now, however, they dont’ feel as stiff. I feel I can wrap them tighter with more revelations, but I also feel like I can move more. Do they go bad / do you ever replace them?

They can definitely lose their elasticity just from usage, like any other fabrics placed under stress they can stretch. Doesn’t mean they have lost effectiveness though

[quote]dzirkelb wrote:
I have a pair of knee wraps I purchased about a year ago. Now, however, they dont’ feel as stiff. I feel I can wrap them tighter with more revelations, but I also feel like I can move more. Do they go bad / do you ever replace them?[/quote]

Knee wraps will wear out over time. A lot of people keep one pair for meets and then use a different pair for training, or just continue to use their older pair for training and purchase new ones specifically for meets and maybe a couple of reps leading up to a contest.

There are a lot of variables on how long they last including how tightly they are wrapped, how often they are used, the wraps themselves, etc.

Thanks guys.

First, I want to apologize for the title. I put in quotes and it removed the text, so the title is misleading.

I purchased another pair for meets and PR attempts, thanks. I’ll break em in for a couple weeks, then to the bag they go.