Do I Really Need TRT? What about a HPTA Restart?

Hi everyone. I’ve never posted here but read plenty of articles. So I’m wondering if my testosterone is truly low. My total testosterone always comes in low around 200-300. My free testosterone is always well within normal range and so is bioavailable. It seems to go down lower throughout the years. I did use prohormones for a month back in 2015 and did 2 injections of testosterone. I knew nothing about niether one of them I didnt know how it could affect your natural hormones. I was an idiot and just listened to a guy at the gym. My shbg is pretty low but normal and my prolactin is normal. Lh and fsh always come back normal but it seems on the low end. Estrogen is also good. Thyroid is good and igf-1 is good. Only bloodwork that is off is always total testosterone. I never did a proper pct back then.

My urologist prescribed me 200mg of test cyp every 2 weeks which I broke down into every 3 days every 2 weeks. I stopped the test and decided to try an actual restart. Honestly I felt no different on the test. I’m currently at the end of the pct and will be going for bloodwork in a couple weeks. Just looking for thoughts or opinions on the whole situation. I know this post is kinda allover I just wanted to try and cover everything I could.

Two injections? You did not need to.

Do you feel good? Normal? I know that is subjective. If your free test is high enough you may be fine. Of course, you may feel better with a proper protocol. I always felt I was fine, normal for my age. Once on test I realized a big difference, energy and strength of a guy in his 50s, vs energy and strength of a guy in his 20s. Wasn’t a tough choice.

My father has Total T at 291 and Free T slighly below midrange and is 86 years old. So the question is are you an old man?

Normal is better known when you consider age. TRT isn’t like a party drug, TRT takes a long time (1+ year) to reach full benefit, however some men respond after the first injection, everyone is different. Some guys don’t feel anything for months.

I wonder if you gave your every 3 day protocol enough of a chance. TRT cannot work if you have thyroid problems and in fact low thyroid function mimics the symptoms of low testosterone and therefore TRT can’t work.

I have it a few months. No difference for me. Libido went up temporarily. Thyroid is perfect.

I guess I wanna say normal but like you said its subjective. I feel I should have more drive, more motivation, libido isnt the greatest but no ed. I’ve had doctors say that’s just life between work and kids. I’m only 32.

There is your answer. What does your wife think? Without knowing you and all the details, it sure looks like you at least a TRT candidate. Your urologist must have thought you needed it. Total testosterone of 200-300 is low and very low for your age. Long term, I’d have to think you’ll end up on TRTR anyway. No point waiting.

I have have seen guys just not respond at all to TRT with prior prohormones use because they can cause endocrine damage where all benefits of TRT are temporary and a host of other problems.

You might try injecting smaller doses more frequently, it might be a matter of sensitivity to hormone changing too much between injections.