Do I Post Too Much Here?

???

About 25% of the post have me as being the last poster…

Koing

LOL I think you’re just late.

Or bring up old threads.

Well, somebody’s gotta make it seem like this board is at least somewhat lively, and it ain’t gonna be me . . .

Post more, you provide the insight many posters lack (myself included)

Hey Koing:

Post on this one please - how can I tell myself to keep bar closer to body on clean? I tend to want to reverse curl it instead of a straight line.

Suggestions?

Post away…

Uh… Keep it closer when you clean. But then again you didn’t ask me. Just keep it close. Pull it up up up up.

-chris

[quote]Mutsanah wrote:
Hey Koing:

Post on this one please - how can I tell myself to keep bar closer to body on clean? I tend to want to reverse curl it instead of a straight line.

Suggestions?

Post away…[/quote]

Relax your arms, and lift with the rest of your body.

Koing all we need is about 9 more people like you and we have a working board… the only problem is finding them.

Again, not Koing, but maybe try keeping your back tighter (squeezing your shoulder blades together and down). I find that that bar tends to loop out when my back isn’t tight enough.

I enjoy your posts. I stop by this forum everyday. I should start posting more. Thanks for keeping it going. I have been 0-lifting for years and have 2 of the best coaches so ill stop being shy and add some sh!t.

I generally have nothing constructive to post and I’m too lazy to consistently update the training log (I only post PRs). You’re doing this board a service haha.

or have a lot of time at work at the moment :stuck_out_tongue:

Koing

[quote]Mutsanah wrote:
Hey Koing:

Suggestions?

Post away…[/quote]

Elbows
-rotate them so that the POINT OF YOUR ELBOWS POINT ALONG THE BAR. This will rotate your shoulders forwards, so make sure you BRACE THE BACK.

Just pull with your elbows after driving your head up, lead the movement and the bar will be close to you.

When you do the 2nd pull focus on driving up WITH YOUR HEAD*. TOO many people focus on the hips and get distracted and they just push forwards with their hips and they lose sight of the power and overall movement.

If you FOCUS on GETTING YOUR HEAD UP HIGH

high
-stand on your tip toes head up tall

THIS is your finish position!

[quote]BigSeen wrote:
I enjoy your posts. I stop by this forum everyday. I should start posting more. Thanks for keeping it going. I have been 0-lifting for years and have 2 of the best coaches so ill stop being shy and add some sh!t.[/quote]

Yeah post, it’s good to get a new point of view.

I have a coach but I know the things to sort out and working on my own issues.

Koing

[quote]Koing wrote:

[quote]Mutsanah wrote:
Hey Koing:

Suggestions?

Post away…[/quote]

Elbows
-rotate them so that the POINT OF YOUR ELBOWS POINT ALONG THE BAR. This will rotate your shoulders forwards, so make sure you BRACE THE BACK.

Just pull with your elbows after driving your head up, lead the movement and the bar will be close to you.

When you do the 2nd pull focus on driving up WITH YOUR HEAD*. TOO many people focus on the hips and get distracted and they just push forwards with their hips and they lose sight of the power and overall movement.

If you FOCUS on GETTING YOUR HEAD UP HIGH

high
-stand on your tip toes head up tall

THIS is your finish position!

[quote]BigSeen wrote:
I enjoy your posts. I stop by this forum everyday. I should start posting more. Thanks for keeping it going. I have been 0-lifting for years and have 2 of the best coaches so ill stop being shy and add some sh!t.[/quote]

Yeah post, it’s good to get a new point of view.

I have a coach but I know the things to sort out and working on my own issues.

Koing[/quote]

NICE explanation, Koing. Next oly day is Friday - I will implement then.

Thanks!
M

P.S. My friend uses wrist straps with his clean, I’m guessing this allows him to relax arms more and have body concentrate on lift. I still just use hook grip but can feel my arms wanting to take over. Tips for that? Grip not an issue for me, I can double overhand, hook grip + chalk Deadlift 505 - but wondering if beneficial to use straps while I’m training oly lifts…

[quote]Mutsanah wrote:

Thanks!
M

P.S. My friend uses wrist straps with his clean, I’m guessing this allows him to relax arms more and have body concentrate on lift. I still just use hook grip but can feel my arms wanting to take over. Tips for that? Grip not an issue for me, I can double overhand, hook grip + chalk Deadlift 505 - but wondering if beneficial to use straps while I’m training oly lifts…
[/quote]

Using straps on snatches is ok in my opinion since it tears up my hands if I don’t and fucks with my training, but I’d advise against using them on cleans.

I know a couple guys who do use straps on their cleans, but one caught it too far back and because he couldn’t let go of the bar fast enough he fell onto his elbow, dislocating it, and also broke his wrist.

The hook grip will eventually allow you to relax your forearms more but you just need to get used to it and learn to relax them along with proper technique and practice.

[quote]laujik wrote:

[quote]Mutsanah wrote:

Thanks!
M

[/quote]

Using straps on snatches is ok in my opinion since it tears up my hands if I don’t and fucks with my training, but I’d advise against using them on cleans.

I know a couple guys who do use straps on their cleans, but one caught it too far back and because he couldn’t let go of the bar fast enough he fell onto his elbow, dislocating it, and also broke his wrist.

The hook grip will eventually allow you to relax your forearms more but you just need to get used to it and learn to relax them along with proper technique and practice.[/quote]

Indeed.

I’d be too sh!t scared to Clean with wrist straps on…

You just need to practice the lift more and break your natural conditioning. People use their hands more and have more nerves to their hands so it’s very natural to use your hands like this. You just need to condition yourself to not do it.

Koing

there can never be too many koing posts

[quote]Koing wrote:

[quote]laujik wrote:

[quote]Mutsanah wrote:

Thanks!
M

[/quote]

The hook grip will eventually allow you to relax your forearms more but you just need to get used to it and learn to relax them along with proper technique and practice.[/quote]

Indeed.

You just need to practice the lift more and break your natural conditioning. People use their hands more and have more nerves to their hands so it’s very natural to use your hands like this. You just need to condition yourself to not do it.

Koing
[/quote]

Really appreciate your tips - here is how today’s workout went, was just a light day since I had hit it pretty hard Tues on oly lifts/DL’s.

Jump Squats: BW+20lb’s x 5, +50x5, +70x5, +90x5 - minimal ground time.

Power Clean: 135x2, 170x2, 200x1, 220x1, 240 X, 240 X, 240 X, 225 x1, x1, x1
The 240 hit my upper chest every time but I just couldn’t rack it - it’s a technique thing, not getting under the bar fast enough - if bar hits my upper chest, surely I can rack it with practice.

One Leg DL: 135x3, 160x3, 185x3, x3, x3

[quote]Mutsanah wrote:

[quote]Koing wrote:

[quote]laujik wrote:

[quote]Mutsanah wrote:

Thanks!
M

[/quote]

Indeed.

Koing
[/quote]

Really appreciate your tips - here is how today’s workout went, was just a light day since I had hit it pretty hard Tues on oly lifts/DL’s.

Jump Squats: BW+20lb’s x 5, +50x5, +70x5, +90x5 - minimal ground time.

Power Clean: 135x2, 170x2, 200x1, 220x1, 240 X, 240 X, 240 X, 225 x1, x1, x1
The 240 hit my upper chest every time but I just couldn’t rack it - it’s a technique thing, not getting under the bar fast enough - if bar hits my upper chest, surely I can rack it with practice.

One Leg DL: 135x3, 160x3, 185x3, x3, x3
[/quote]

Work out looks good. But why PC? And not full Clean? Should have gone to 230lbs, as a 20lb jump is a fair chunk at the top end mate!

Do you do bar drops? Stand on your toes, bar about chest height. Now drop in to a 1/4 squat and rack the bar. Work on speed here. You should be doing bar work at the start of every session. This will ingrain good technique and let you get over the mental aspect of getting under 240 properly. Why can’t you do it? Lack of technique so far. You will be able to do it with more bar work and conditioning.

Koing