Do I Need TRT Treatment?

Hey guys, i have a bit fooked up body. Always been miserable with it, even though I have worked out. I have very, very small amounts of musclemass, but at the same time, very high amounts of bodyfat, even though my weigh is completely normal. Also have small amounts of gyno(?), but that can be due to the bodyfat.

To the question, can i have low amounts of testosterone? I am 21, and my sex-drive is not bad, trying to masturbate every day.

Can send bodypics if you want.

This suggest you have to try too hard to do what most men can do with ease, your sex drive should be insane at 21, you should want sex all the time. Before I had low testosterone it was so easy to perform sexualy where I didn’t have to think about it much, things just happened even when I didn’t want it.

The muscle mass issue and high body fat may just be your genetics, not everyone can look like the hulk. Your description makes it sound like you have feminine features and a hormonal imbalance. Sadly not many doctors are performing enough testing to determine the cause of hormonal imbalances.

I don’t know what kind of insurance you have, but if it is an HMO, your pretty much out of luck locating a doctor that is knowledgeable in this area of medicine. I’m afraid there isn’t much advice we can give you until you have a complete hormone panel done. Body pics wouldn’t hurt if you are comfortable with it, they say a picture is worth a thousand words.

Low thyroid hormones can cause virtually the same symptoms as low testosterone and slow metabolism.

These are the labs you require:

• Total T
  • Free T
  • SHBG
  • Estradiol Sensitive (E2)
  • LH-Luteinizing Hormone
  • FSH-Follicle stimulating hormone
  • Prolactin
  • Cortisol
  • Ferritin
  • Thyroid Panel
  • CBC-complete blood count
  • Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
  • Lipid profile/panel

Yes, I think soo too.

I worked out for 7-8 months last year, and didnt notice any big difference like overall. And yes, i eat right, logged everything, and the program was good.

Here is the bodypic:

Labs is a very good starting point.

Genetic testing for Klinefelter/Kallmanns disease might also be indicated.

Do you have a altered/limited sense of smell?
Check Tanner stageing (Google it) and assess.

1 Like

This picture looks like classic hormonal imbalance, the chest features and belly fat is what I would expect to see in someone with low testosterone. These feminine features might indicate higher estrogen is relation to testosterone which would be estrogen dominance.

When I look at your picture, I see what looks like Klinefelter Syndrome.

Is Klinefelter syndrom the same as low testosterone?

Thanks.

I will check it out. But as I can read, 95-99% of the people with Klinefelter are infertile, which I am not, did a test some years back.

But I should check it out, it can be that I have low testosterone. Would u go to a doc if you were me?

Yes, definitly get the labs done and take it from there.

What does this mean, specifically? What’s your current bodyweight and height?

You trained and ate right 7-8 whole months, didn’t like the results you saw, and then, what, stopped?

The overwhelming majority of the time, when people said they were doing “everything” right and didn’t get results… it’s because they weren’t doing everything right.

You look like a skinny-fat guy with some pubertal gyno. No big deal and very fixable with work.

I didn’t actually see where you said anything about having actual symptoms of low T, so I don’t see any need to go to the doctor.

Address training and nutrition first. Post your current plan (or the exact plan you were using) and we can figure out what needs adjusting.

1 Like

Trying to everyday or feel the want/need to everyday? If your just going through the motions to masturbate, why?

6¨2 and 183 lbs.

High bodyfat - around the waist.
Very little musclemass.
Small gyno(?)
Small depression in periods.

My sex-drive, energy and infertility is normal tho.

Depends. Sometimes, especially after a night out, i wake up, and in need to masturbate at the morning.

But its not like i am horny all the time, and I dont think its normal either.

Men with Klinefelter syndrome have an extra X chromosome (XXY) and genetically are more female than male, women have two XX chromosomes. Males with Klinefelter syndrome have low testosterone, reduced muscle mass, facial hair and body hair.

Most males with this condition produce little or no sperm. Low testosterone in men has many causes, poor sleep and poor lifestyles being two reasons for low testosterone in men that don’t have Klinefelter syndrome.

Men with Klinefelter syndrome are usually tall and skinny with no muscular features and have small genitals.

Doesnt sound that I have Klinefelter. I have normal sperm, and dont have infertility either. I have facial hair too, both on the face, armpits and the leg.

Low testosterone tho, that could be a reason. From my bodypicture, do you think that I could benefit on a high testosterone treatment?

@tonyton
It’s likely that you’re unhealthy way of life has just caught up with you. The great news is you are young and small changes can have dramatic outcomes. You need to learn about nutrition. I thought I was eating healthy but in reality what I thought was healthy was wrong. Do some reading on eating and working out. Make sure you get a lot of rest. Getting on TRT is not going to be the magic thing that changes you. If anything it can make things worse.

If you learn about healthy eating and stick with a healthy plan you’d be a different person within 3 months (mentally & physically). TRT took me 8 months just to not feel worse than I did before I got on TRT. Most guys here are using TRT to get to the levels you likely have naturally right now.

1 Like

I’m not a fan of the label itself, and you skipped right over the questions about your training/diet, but these principles will get you on track:

I still don’t see any issues that are screaming “low T”, so I think you’d be best served by letting that idea fall off your radar and re-focus on the basics. If, on the outside chance, you do currently have low T, then losing body fat and increasing muscle mass will improve your levels anyway. That should always be the first step before starting decades-worth of medication.

Sorry, but I have heard this answer like thousand times before, and havent work nothing. I dont see no changes when working out, even if i log EVERYTHING i eat, i mean littereally everything. I eat like 200 grams of protein, and used the SS-program for 7 months, the only change was a bit bigger arms and shoulders.

Low testosterone makes sense to me, excpet the sex-part, because I dont think its any reduced or so.

We are getting ahead of ourselves, lab are still needed. Your picture does fit the look of a typical low T man though.

May I ask why? What symptoms would make u think that I would have low T then? More bodyfat?

My bodyfat is around 30 now, even though my weight is 183 lbs. No muscle almost.