Do I Need To Eat More

[quote]madmaxs wrote:
Hi everybody,

Thanks for the replies.

So then, what I don’t understand is, how these “Asian powerlifters,” who lack size, can be so strong?

If strength is related to mass, then where do these “Asian powerlifters” fit in?

Before someone else says it, I am the first to admit that obviously I am either “slow” or uneducated, but please, do answer this.

Thanks[/quote]

Everybody is not the same. Did you understand that?

Person A could weigh 150lbs and bench 205lbs their first time in a gym.

Person B could weigh 150lbs and bench 250lbs their first time in a gym.

For each to get STRONG-EEEEEERRRRRRR, they will have to gain more size aside from neural adaptation.

It doesn’t matter whether Person B was initially stronger than Person A. It doesn’t change the fact that to GAIN more strength will usually require more size after an exercise is learned.

Yes you do need to eat more

now i’m going to read what you posted

Ok, I have now read the thread and yes, I think you should eat more.

[quote]madmaxs wrote:
Hi everybody,

Thanks for the replies.

So then, what I don’t understand is, how these “Asian powerlifters,” who lack size, can be so strong?

If strength is related to mass, then where do these “Asian powerlifters” fit in?

Before someone else says it, I am the first to admit that obviously I am either “slow” or uneducated, but please, do answer this.

Thanks[/quote]

Well again think of their actual size. They may only be 150lbs, but on a body that is barely over 5ft tall, that is still a good bit of muscle. Then consider leverage. If you have small arms and small legs, you will be able to use your leverage to move greater amounts of weight relative to your body size. An elephant is stronger then an ant but relative to its body size, an ant is much stronger.

There was a thread about this a little while back, wasn’t there?
Short arms = Larger bench
Long arms = Larger Dead lift

[quote]madmaxs wrote:

Does the fact that I am not gaining weight indicate that I am not gaining enough muscle or that I should eat more?
Thanks a lot
Max[/quote]

Seems like you know the answer but just seeking confirmation; start eating less and see how fast you shrivel. Eat more = gaining weight - you really know that inside I think.

[quote]madmaxs wrote:
I also do HIIT twice a week; I run five 400M springs, with 60 seconds rest in between.
[/quote]
Are you trying out for the track team or you wanting to put on some size?!? Your just pissin in the wind by doing this…

Waterbury’s HF program is designed for maximal hypertrophy, ie. more muscle. If you don’t want to get bigger, it’s the wrong program for you. Also, if you are relatively new to lifting I’m pretty sure Waterbury wouldn’t recommend that you dive into that program without doing some of his other stuff first.

You can check out his locker room thread and find most of your questions have been asked and answered. And if you still have questions, he’ll probably answer them for you.