Do I Need PCT?

If a man is on TRT, then begins a cycle, is PCT worth any thought?

I am on Androgel (10 g/day) and am going to add some Test Cyp. Would love to run 1000 mg/week, though cost will probably keep that down.

If PCT is unnecessary, can I just continue to take both forever, as long as I don’t get much sides? I have 3 kids, btw, and am not interested in having more.

Any help/info GREATLY appreciated!

You could just do the cyp forever. You would obviously want to taper back down to a reasonable TRT level.
I’m not sure if you are being prescribed cyp or if you are getting it on your own. If you are getting it on your own, you may want to try to get an RX for it just in case your source ever goes under.

BYW 1G of test is kinda high for what sounds like your first cycle.

A couple of years ago, my T crashed big time. Tried the gels and then low-dose (prescribed) Cyp, 200 mg/every 2 weeks.

None of those did too much.

Yeah, I might see what 500/week does. Would love to do 20 to 40 mg/day of DBol to begin in addition to the Cyp.

I’ve had a lot of ‘adventures’ with doctors. Fuck 'em.

If you are absorbing the transdermal ok, your HPTA will already be shutdown. Many keep their testes working with HCG.

Test cyp every two weeks is insane, should inject at least twice a week. I inject test cyp EOD.

What are you doing for estrogen control with the transdermal? TD’s produce more E than injected T. What are you planning for E control with your cycles? Your stated cycle plan would create a huge amount of estrogen.

Many do cycles on top of their TRT. Myself, I will not do this as I am concerned that my TRT would then not be adequate thereafter. Getting the right balance has taken a log time and I don’t want to break anything.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]KSman wrote:
If you are absorbing the transdermal ok, your HPTA will already be shutdown. Many keep their testes working with HCG.

Test cyp every two weeks is insane, should inject at least twice a week. I inject test cyp EOD.

What are you doing for estrogen control with the transdermal? TD’s produce more E than injected T. What are you planning for E control with your cycles? Your stated cycle plan would create a huge amount of estrogen.

Many do cycles on top of their TRT. Myself, I will not do this as I am concerned that my TRT would then not be adequate thereafter. Getting the right balance has taken a log time and I don’t want to break anything.[/quote]

The E is, I think, the main problem in my TRT. My GD doc did NOT check my E2 with my last draw 2 weeks ago, even though I specifically asked him to. I’m really beginning to hate doctors with a passion.

Yeah, I need an anti-E, for sure. And a doctor who has his head other than in his ass.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
200mg every 2 weeks?

No wonder it’s not doing much for you.

Why can’t doctors get it right? I understand that no doc would want to raise your blood pressure by overprescribing test, but what is the harm in increasing the dose until positive effects are seen in the parient, whilst monitoring BP, and possibly using small amounts of an AI, to counter negative effects of estrogen?

Anyway, HH, you asked about PCT. Not necessary IMO, but I would strongly suggest that you taper off the high dose cycle, before your return to TRT levels.

Depending on the length/dose of your cycle, just a few weeks should do it.

Bushy[/quote]

My Test level came in at 117 ng/dl. And all I got was more BS about Androgel. HCG is ‘pseudoscience’, according to the current idiot.

Amazing huh?

Yes, I will taper after about an 8 week cycle. I plan on beginning Sept 1st. Twice/week injection. And I have to hunt down an anti-E.

Thanks, Bushy, for all the help.