Do I Have to Eat Immediately After Waking?

Subject says it all… Just curious about when I have to eat breakfast after waking. Do I have to eat right away or does it matter if I get ready for the day and then eat maybe a half hour to an hour after waking up? I think I read somewhere to eat immediately for metabolic reasons but taking a shower and dressing first can’t be that bad, can it? Let me know what people do, or if it even matters so long as I actually eat my breakfast which, I always do of course.

In my opinion, your severely over thinking this. 30 minutes isn’t going to make a difference.

Here’s what I am doing (literally) right now. I wake at 6 AM and drink 16 oz water as I get into the shower. After showering I head downstairs to pick up the coffee that was brewing. While drinking that I prepared my later meals for the day that I had to bring with my for work. In this case 1 cup of walnuts (2 snacks at 400 calories per servings) and a chicken sandwich (literally an 8 oz chicken breast on bread with tomato mayo spinach and cheese) with an apple for lunch. While I haven’t finished the coffee I headed up here to type this and then do some “brain training” with either some intellectual reading or the brain exercises from various games I own. I will then eat breakfast at about 7:45-8:00. See I have to be at work at 8:30 and want a big meal right before so I can make it to 10:45-11:00 without hunger pangs. Is that way too late to eat breakfast? Or am I doing fine.

Over thinking - relax. As long as I get some chow down me within an hour of rising Im pretty happy.

If I were you, I’d just have a small scoop of whey with the water.

Just hook yourself up to an IV and mainline your food throughout the entire day.

This way, you can spend more of your time on “Brain Games” which should help with your case of stupidity.

Yeah bro, no biggie. Just make sure you eat within an hour of waking up. If you’re freaking out about it for some reason, do what hardgnr said, down a scoop of whey and that will offset any possible catabolism.

I woke up at 6am, popped 2 HOT-ROX and went on a 5 mile jog… ate at 8:15… is this bad?

(dont mean to hijack)

it’s been proven that if you don’t eat within 7 mins after waking, then there’s no point.

[quote]HangerBaby wrote:
I woke up at 6am, popped 2 HOT-ROX and went on a 5 mile jog… ate at 8:15… is this bad?

(dont mean to hijack)[/quote]

Sounds pretty catabolic!

When i did the velocity diet twice… well once I had a few of my own tweaks so it wasnt velocity per say… I made the mistake of overdoing the morning fasted NEPA walks with up to a 20kg backpack.

Shed muscle like CRAZY. And that was running on 5-10g bcaa and 2 HOT-ROX extreme.

eat your damn breakfast within 7 mins (see above post) or die!!