Do I Have Potential? If So, What am I Doing Wrong?

I’m pretty sure “gnomes” was code for uncle…

4 Likes

This is the type of shit that bothers the absolute fuck out of me about forums. People who know jack shit about training telling others how things work. If you are following 531, post in Jim’s forum and have him tell you you’re an idiot. You are trying a diet and it is not working. You have been advised to look at a plan about training and dieting and you haven’t. You spent all your time looking into cookie cutter diets on bb.com and they aren’t working for you so instead of listening to people who are in good shape and have experience with shit like this you’d rather slam your head in a wall trying the same shit just to have the shape of a private dancer. Either follow the advice given or take up pole dancing with that hourglass shape ya got.

3 Likes

The fact you wrote this leads me to believe you are under the impression that suffering and hardship aren’t necessary to achieve your goals here.

You’re absolutely right that eating 70 grams of carbs a day is going to suck, and that’s why it WORKS. We may have honestly identified the biggest issue with your approach; you are staying in your comfort zone.

3 Likes

And caramel sundae enemas was code for…

4 Likes

:scream:

2 Likes

From many different posts like this one, i’ve come to the conclusion that the words “cut” and “bulk” should be banned from anyone’s vocab until they can pass an exam of some sort.

People come on this forum with such an incredibly distorted view of a “cut” its insane.

I am unsure why again as Chris mentioned above you are being so dismissive toward people who are bigger, stronger, leaner, and way more experienced than you. I do not even include myself in that category, but even I told you i used to be fat, and now i am 43 pounds down and still going. People want to help you, and WILL help you here, its an awesome community. Just be prepared for some shit you may not like to hear.

For someone begging for help, you sure have an odd ego trip going on my friend.

2 Likes

I have several days every week where I eat less than 70 grams of carbs and I look way better than you do. Stop being annoying.

1 Like

“I haven’t had a carb since 2004!!”

1 Like

2 Likes

I guarantee that he still doesn’t get it, even with this fantastic post.

3 Likes

Switch it up. Or add cardio

Simple diet but more or less what I eat daily. Diet
https://imgur.com/gallery/nhteK

It’s genetics.

I don’t have an ego. It’s just that I’m being told the same thing. This isn’t my first time posting for help on a bb forums so this isn’t my first time trying any of this. People have recommended the same thing u guys are recommending me over the years which j have tried and gotten no where. I have tried 6-8 month cycles of ppl, SS, phat. And got nowhere. I “bulked on SS” got nowhere. I ate “healthy” and normally like a regular person like punisher said on ppl and phat and also got nowhere. Hence me asking if I even have potential. Mind you I will will still train but I’m starting to realize maybe this sport isn’t genetically for me. I have younger brothers. Both 17 and 18 who are much bigger than me. I’m 19. We ate the same food and pretty much also do the same workouts. But somehow in you guy’s eyes. It’s my diet that’s keeping me from making any gains at all the gym.

I know I will get a lot of negative feedback and do understand that blaming genetics for lack of discipline is sad. But in my specific case. I’m pretty sure that there is either someone wrong with me hormonaly. Or I just don’t have bb genetics. This is probably why I have body dysmorphia disorder. It’s kinda disheartening to always go to the gym. Spend money on foods, proteins, membership all that for years and look worst than the average Joe who has only been training for 6 months.

Something is hindering your progress. I would exhaust all fixes until you figure it out.

I would assume given your strength levels and the fact that you were clearly in a calorie surplus to have gained that fat, you weren’t pushing yourself hard enough in the weight room. So on top of your diet, I would re-examine that. 5/3/1 was mentioned, which if done right will help auto-regulate pushing you to some degree.

But yeah, the comments everyone is making about diet are correct whether you want to believe it or not.

Most people make gains even on a semi-decent routine and sub par diet. But I’m over here doing everything to the T. Good diet, proven routines. And still get nowhere. At this point man, I should just visit an endo or something. The fact that I only store fat in hips, thighs and ass and have narrow shoulders was a dead giveaway anyways

If you’re not making gains, then your effort, routine, and/or diet are not good enough. Even if there is a genuine medical reason.

It is certainly possible that you might have to work harder than your brothers or your training partner. You can’t control that. All you can control are your attitude and effort.

1 Like

I’m listening to what they are saying. This isn’t my first diet. I have tried many other diets recommended out there. So basically unless I have a 100% perfect diet with nor margin of error, I will never gain an inch of muscle ? Plus everyone is saying my diet is bad without reason, but I have posted it. It is not. Punisher said to just eat and ignore bulk or cut. I did that for like 1.5 years and didn’t get anywhere. My brothers (3 years younger) who workout with me and eat the same shit I do, passed my lifts years ago lol. The problem lies deeper than diet bro