Do I Have Potential? If So, What am I Doing Wrong?

While undoubtedly painful to read, OP, there’s a lot of hard truth in these two posts. Take them to heart.

7 Likes

There’s more to getting fat than having a shit diet. You gain weight by
being on a caloric surplus, which I was on.
There’s also people who eating nothing but pizzas all day and are skinny
as fuck.
I’m not exactly sure why you’re stuck on “good diet” for. You will gain
weight if your eating 10k calories of vegetables or McDonald’s a day and
are burning less than that

I’m not exactly sure why you ask “What am I doing wrong”, then eight guys who are more experienced, stronger, and more muscular than you all say to fix your nutrition, and you keep saying “No, my diet’s fine.”

So, um, I guess maybe try incline benching more often and do decline crunches instead of cable crunches. Is that more like what you were hoping to hear?

6 Likes

A good diet, by definition, is one that achieves it’s goals. A diet is not good because it contains many good parts to it; it is the sum of those parts that matters.

Your diet was not a good diet, as it did not achieve the goal you had in mind. You got fat. That is the result of a bad diet.

7 Likes

This is currently my macros for my cut. 2030 calories consistenting of peanut butter eggs oatmeal, tilapia fillets, fruits whey.

I’m confused. I just picked healthy food choices and made a diet out of that. I’m probably eating the same foods you guys are with calculated macros and cals based on activity level and goals(surplus or deficit). I have tweaked my diet so much and being told I’m failing to put on any muscle mass because of a bad diet is confusing me.

You’re dropping your calories from 3,200 to 2,000. Have fun with that…

2 Likes

It can take a lot of experimentation to figure out what works for you and it will take time. That’s just how it is. 191 carbs might be 150 too many for you or it might be 50 too little.

1 Like

Once again, it’s not a question of just choosing the right foods. Eating too much of the right foods gets you fat. Steak is traditionally considered a good food source. I have an insatiable appetite for it, and could eat 2lb steak at every meal. Doing so would be a poor diet, even though it’s a good food choice.

I imagine you grossly overestimated your activity level when planning your diet, which is why I’ve been saying to get away from the bulking and cutting paradigm. Quit measuring out macros and counting calories and learn to eat in a normal and sustainable fashion. Learn reasonable portions that are vectored toward improving your recovery from training. Base your nutrition to support your training, NOT the other way around. For 6 months, you were following a program where you did 15 reps a day for your biggest muscle groups. That was not a program that required a caloric surplus to sustain. Instead, use a training program with a variety of rep ranges, logical and sustainable progression scheme, assistance work and conditioning, and THEN you will most likely need a larger amount of nutrition to recover.

7 Likes

Ya, that’s crazy. The 5/3/1 template I’m following now had me do 50 reps for the main exercise and 100 dips. I’ll probably end up eating about 70 carbs today and that’s a high day for me (while continuing to lose fat).

Lol it’s like no1 even read the OP and is jumping to conclusions. I said I
have already been cutting for 2-3 months after getting fat on SS 6 months
cycle. I progressively dropped. 3000-2800-2500-2000

I’m currently on 531 BBB on my cut

Awesome. If you’re going to follow Jim’s advice on training, why not also follow his advice on nutrition? I’ve asked you twice now and you still haven’t replied, so allow me to state; this is not a rhetorical question. Did you read the article from Jim I told you to read?

Specifically, how much tilapia, eggs, and whey did you eat to end up at almost 190g protein?

Boring But Big training plan. While cutting. What could possibly go wrong? :facepalm:

1 Like

Mkay… Guess people are just supposed to know you progressively dropped calories.

Dropping 1,000 calories or 1/3rd of your caloric intake in 2 months is cray cray. Where are you going to go when the weight loss stops again? 1,500 on BBB? That’s gonna suck.

Have fun eating 70 carbs a day bud

Omw home. Gonna get back to you in 1 hr

Have fun not reaching your goals, brah.

5 Likes

Go post this as a thread title in the Jim Wendler part of the forum.

I’m sure Jim will have something to say.

4 Likes

Who has that kind of luck?

I sure as hell don’t.

2 Likes