Do I Have Gynecomastia?

[quote]ultralars wrote:
right guys, here it is
yeah i know i look fat and pale, but thats only because i am, i am 76 kg at 17% bodyfat, starting a cut down to 10% after december the 25th.

part of the reason that i am asking to clarify if i have gyno, is because they small or normal before puberty. come to think of it, i was really skinny at that time, and i have been pudgy/fat trough most of my teen years. Maybe that has something to do with it?

[/quote]

Do people even TRY at all to lift and grow muscle before posting pics on a BB site anymore?

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]ultralars wrote:
right guys, here it is
yeah i know i look fat and pale, but thats only because i am, i am 76 kg at 17% bodyfat, starting a cut down to 10% after december the 25th.

part of the reason that i am asking to clarify if i have gyno, is because they small or normal before puberty. come to think of it, i was really skinny at that time, and i have been pudgy/fat trough most of my teen years. Maybe that has something to do with it?

[/quote]

Do people even TRY at all to lift and grow muscle before posting pics on a BB site anymore?[/quote]

That shit blows my mind. The first time I posted pics was that 210lbs pic I have posted many times before. Before I posted that, I thought my progress was barely average for a serious weight lifter. It wasn’t until after I posted it that I learned that most people on here don’t look ANYTHING even like that and most have been “lifting” for years.

There is no way in hell I would have posted a picture of myself on a BODYBUILDING website looking like I had never touched a weight before.

But then, a lot of these guys seem to have some extremely warped view of how they look and apparently are completely unashamed to show off their lack of hard work.

I will say though that this guy posted a pic because we asked and not to show off…but again, if someone is that worried about “gyno” you would think they would also care more about their physical development because who cares about “gyno” if you aren’t in shape to show it off?

[quote]ultralars wrote:
right guys, here it is

[/quote]

I had gyno that formed when I was about 13. It got worse until around 16 and then stayed the same after that. I had it removed when I was 19 and am EXTREMELY happy that I did. I’ve always been fairly lean and this made the gyno that much more obvious. I only mention this because I’ve experienced gyno firsthand and have seen plenty of pictures of it. Feel free to see a doctor about it if you’d like, but you’ll probably just hear that you’re being overly self-conscious.

To me it just looks like you’re skinny fat. Unless you have noticeable hard lumps underneath your nipples, you shouldn’t worry about it at this point. It’s impossible for me to say with absolute certainty that there isn’t some extremely mild gyno there, but by building muscle and improving your body composition you will most likely see the puffiness go away. Start lifting weights regularly and eating healthy. By eating healthy, I mean getting plenty of lean protein and nutrient rich foods. DO NOT try to cut calories and diet down. Since you’re 16, I can say with 99% confidence that you probably just have a crappy diet. By cutting the crap out of your diet and replacing it with nutritious foods, you will see changes in body composition. Starving yourself to try and get a six-pack will just make you look malnourished.

Head over to the beginners forum and read, read, read. Then ask questions, followed by asking more questions.

It’s ok OP, the “looking like you never touched a weight” conversation is geared towards me, not you ;D

It’s awesome that you’re training at 16, just work on weights and conditioning before you worry about nipples… unless they belong to girls.

[quote]ultralars wrote:
i have gone from 66 to 76 kg in 11 month, gone from max benching 40 kg to maxing 90 kg today, in the summer i could deadlift 100 kg, now i can deadlift 130, when i first squated i could squat 60, now i squat 90( yeah it’s shit but i have only been squating for about 4 months. the only fucking reason i look like crap is because of the damn lighting and because i am fat(17%.18%). i know i still suck but dont tell me i look like i haven’t touched a weight.

[/quote]

I’m glad you are making progress, but if I saw you in the gym or on the street, I would not think you lifted weights. I am not sure why you think you look like a weight lifter after training for such a short time. We were discussing how we would have expected more from ourselves before posting pics whereas you seem to think you look like you lift right now.

You don’t.

I knew guys way bigger than you who didn’t lift anything.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]ultralars wrote:
i have gone from 66 to 76 kg in 11 month, gone from max benching 40 kg to maxing 90 kg today, in the summer i could deadlift 100 kg, now i can deadlift 130, when i first squated i could squat 60, now i squat 90( yeah it’s shit but i have only been squating for about 4 months. the only fucking reason i look like crap is because of the damn lighting and because i am fat(17%.18%). i know i still suck but dont tell me i look like i haven’t touched a weight.

[/quote]

I’m glad you are making progress, but if I saw you in the gym or on the street, I would not think you lifted weights. I am not sure why you think you look like a weight lifter after training for such a short time. We were discussing how we would have expected more from ourselves before posting pics whereas you seem to think you look like you lift right now.

You don’t.

I knew guys way bigger than you who didn’t lift anything.[/quote]

right whatever, so i decided i want to remove those pics now, why dose t nation prohib me from doing so? i tried clicked the delete button but it just tells me " access denied ".

could you, who have been here 8 years, tell me why?

[quote]ultralars wrote:

[quote]ultralars wrote:

[/quote]

You don’t.

I knew guys way bigger than you who didn’t lift anything.[/quote]

right whatever, so i decided i want to remove those pics now, why dose t nation prohib me from doing so? i tried clicked the delete button but it just tells me " access denied ".

could you, who have been here 8 years, tell me why? [/quote]

I can delete the posts if you want me to, but if you just want the pics removed by themselves, send a private message to “lowfatmatt” on this board. He is the tech wizard here.

Also, no one insulted you. That is simply the truth. I know as a beginner, you see any muscle whatsoever as “being built”.

I can delete the posts if you want me to, but if you just want the pics removed by themselves, send a private message to “lowfatmatt” on this board. He is the tech wizard here.[/quote]
yeah just delete the posts, it don’t matter to me. thanks.

Also, no one insulted you. That is simply the truth. I know as a beginner, you see any muscle whatsoever as “being built”.[/quote]

i never said i was well built, actually i said the opposite. what i did say was that i look bigger than the average 16 year old who dont work out, atleast from where i come from i do.

[quote]ultralars wrote:

i never said i was well built, actually i said the opposite. what i did say was that i look bigger than the average 16 year old who dont work out, atleast from where i come from i do.

[/quote]

Not here. My dad used to work as a principal and I’ve seen some urban city kids that look damn near like I did after training for two years.

The “average” kid today doesn’t even play outside so comparing yourself to true couch potatoes is a wasted effort to begin with. NO ONE should want to look like some of those sedentary kids.

OP, don’t get mad when someone gives it to you real, or if you do, get mad enough to change your body and devote your energy towards. Who gives a shit if you’re bigger then the average 16 year old? Most average 16 year olds look like crap these days. Your goal should be to look big to yourself, look good to yourself, be happy with yourself. Are you? I’d say not since you’re worried about gyno, and you realize that you have a long road ahead of you in terms of lifting.

Keep at the weights, start reading up more about nutrition, and start packing on the size. If you get all butt-hurt anytime someone says something you may not agree with you’re going to have a rough life ahead of you. People here aren’t trying to blast you apart, let’s face it none of us are ever going to meet you and could care less about you but you will get honest opinions from us.

Use those opinions which are from some relatively knowledgeable people (PX definitely is) and use it to your advantage as more motivation. Who knows, maybe even ask some questions on how you can look like someone who actually lifts by T-Nation standards.

what makes you think i got mad?

Your word-usage seemed as though you were taking insult to people saying you do not look as though you lift.

hey professor X there is one picture left on page one, could you delete that post too?

[quote]ultralars wrote:
hey professor X there is one picture left on page one, could you delete that post too?[/quote]

OK.