Do I Have Good Bodybuilding Potential? 5’9" 155-160

Damn, I really hate responding to threads like this because I feel they really enable a whole host of psychological issues, but I feel safer to answer your questions with questions.

If we all say you have awesome potential, what would you do?

If we all say you have shit genetics and should give up now, what would you do?

What do you want to do? Why?

4 Likes

These are dumb. The worst thing in the world for your physical, emotional and mental health is to keep reading this thread… or any other social media for that matter. I’m not being sarcastic or hyperbolic. Go out into the world and do what you enjoy.

4 Likes

Honestly, you’re close to that right now because you’re not fat. I have averageish genetics and with years of training, it isn’t common for me to see a better physique at the beach, especially when I’m lean. I’m 5’10" and 210 ATM. A little softer than I’d like, but I still have abs. I’d look my best probably at about 190 and diced imo.

If you get yourself to a lean 180 lbs (visible abs) at your height, you are probably in the top 1 percent outside of college settings.

To clarify the numbers, in the 20-ish year history of this forum (and well beyond 100,000+ members), there have been exactly two guys that went on to become IFBB pros. One of them went on to win the Olympia.

5 Likes

Can you tell us another story about the good old days?

For serious though, it’s a classic thread

3 Likes

I’d seen the thread before, but never followed it to the end. Got damn this dude has some thicc genetics. Very impressive

1 Like

I don’t want to hijack this dude’s thread further, but there are plenty of tales to tell. The callout threads, the “How Do You Train” threads, the guys whose post count and results never quite matched up…
meh-coming-to-america

1 Like

There is absolutely no way of knowing.

You just have to put it to the test.

Give it five years of honest and consistent effort and if you dont like the results come back and we’ll give you a refund.

Do I have a good base?

No you do not. Take this offer and you will have a better base.

1 Like

Oh. What does a good base look like?

This is my opinion of a good base

Really? Everyone hear seems to think I am average with a below average starting point. What makes you think I have amazing genetics?

John, why do you keep asking all these questions?

How about this, are you satisfied with the way you look or not?

I’m being sarcastic dude. You’re posts are kinda annoying, asking the dumbest questions that don’t even matter, and you’re not even going to go to the gym. This is just a giant waste of time.
I’m not sure what your end game is or if you’re just bored and need someone to talk to but this whole thread is dumb. I don’t foresee anyone else answering you serious because you’ve already been told ALL the correct answers Atleast 3 times at this point.

You look fine. If you wanna look bigger then follow the advice or countless other people

2 Likes

Oh damn alright

I think that weird glitch is happening again where everyone BUT the topic creator can see my posts. Damndest thing

8 Likes

I’m gonna need you to hold up a shoe for reference mate, can you post another picture holding one? Its the only definitive way to know

Yeah. Two arms, two legs, torso between. Doesnt look like you’ve ever missed a meal, nor are you fat.

You’re off to a good start. :+1: