Do I Have Any Issues?

I have gone 7 days with monitoring body temps and the results have been very consistant. Here are the ranges:

4am (95.6 - 96.3)
11am (96.8 - 97.1)
4pm (97.1 - 97.5)

I will continue to monitor periodically moving forward. Also, I am still very interested to hear some thoughts regarding my previous post mentioning my cortisol levels.

Thanks

low body temps confirm hypothyroid symptoms and with your low cortisol levels I would guess that you have high Reverse T3.

check out thyroid-rt3.com for some more info on that subject.

the zinc mouthwash test seems a little too far out there for me personally, but who knows? it could very well be legit.

for low cortisol and/or high rt3, you can take IsoCort an OTC supplement with 2.5mg hydrocortisone per tablet - more info about that on stopthethyroidmadness.com

you take the IsoCort while letting your system recover with the other supplements you are taking. then you slowly wean off the IsoCort and see if your system can pick up the slack.

with your sweating and high BP, you may want to try the sea salt test - the STTM site has a good test - do a search for sea salt pupil test on their site or you can just toss a 1/2 teaspoon of COARSE sea salt to the back of your throat and chug a full glass of water, wait 30 minutes, and see how you feel. If you feel a huge rush, then you were probably salt deficient (which doesn’t show up on blood tests).

Here is my updated bloodwork from 5/10

LIPIDS
Cholesterol, Total 171 ( 125-200 mg/dl )
HDL Cholesterol 47 ( >or= 40 mg/dl )
Triglycerides 33 ( <150 mg/dl )
LDL-Cholesterol 108 ( <130 mg/dl )

METABOLIC
Glucose 95 ( 65-99 mg/dl )
Creatinine 1.0( 0.78 �¢�?�? 1.34 mg/dl )
UREA Nitrogen (BUN) 21 (7-25 mg/dl )
Sodium 140 ( 135-146 mmol/L )
Potassium 4.4 ( 3.5-5.3 mmol/L )
Chloride 102 ( 98-110 mmol/L )
Carbon Dioxide 26 ( 21-33 mmol/L )
Calcium 9.6 ( 8.6-10.2 mg/dl )
Protein, total 7.4 ( 6.2-8.3 g/dl )
Albumin 4.6 ( 3.6-5.1 g/dl )
Globulin 2.8 ( 2.1-3.7 g/dl )
Bilirubin, total 0.4 ( 0.2-1.2 mg/dl )
Alkaline Phosphate 62 ( 40-115 U/L )
AST 21 ( 10-40 U/L )
ALT 19 ( 9-60 U/L )
Hemoglobin A1c 5.5 ( <5.7% of total Hgb )
Vitamin D, 25-OH, TOTAL 79 (30-100 ng/ml)
Creatine Kinase, total 130 ( 44-196 U/L )
TSH, 3rd Gen. 1.5 ( 0.40-4.50 Miu/L )
T4, Free 1.32 ( 0.8-1.8 ng/dl)
T3, Free 3.5 ( 2.3-4.2 pg/Ml )
Thyroglobulin Antibodies <20 ( <20 IU/ml )
Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies 10 ( <35 IU/ml)
Dihydrotesterone 49 ( 25-75 ng/dl)
Vitamin B12 725 ( 200-1100 pg/ml )

CBC
White Blood Cell 4.7 ( 3.8-10.8 thousand/ul )
Red Blood Cell 4.91( 4.20-5.80 million/ul )
Hemoglobin 15.3 ( 13.2-17.1 g/dl )
Hematocrit 44 ( 38.5-50.0% )
MCV 90 ( 80-100 fl )
MCH 31 ( 27-33 pg )
MCHC 34 ( 32-36 g/dl )
RDW 13.6 (11-15% )
Platelet Count 383 ( 140-400 thousand/ul )
Absolute Neutrophils 2 ( 1.8-7.8 )
Absolute Lymphocytes 2.1 ( 0.7- 4.5 )
Absolute Monocytes 0.5 ( 0.1 - 1.0 )
Absolute Eosinophils 0.1 ( 0.0 - 0.4 )
Absolute Basophils 0.1 ( 0.0 - 0.2 )
Neutrophils 43 ( % )
Lymphocytes 44 ( % )
Monocytes 10 ( % )
Eosinophils 2 ( % )
Basophils 1 ( % )

Iron and Total Iron
Binding Capacity
Iron, Total 52 ( 45-170 mcg/dl )
Iron binding capacity 400 ( 250-425 mcg/dl )
% Saturation 13 L ( 20-50% CALC )
Ferritin 21 ( 20-380 ng/ml )
DHEA Sulfate 56 ( 45-345 mcg/dl )
Estradiol 35 ( 13-54 pg/ml)
FSH 1.6 ( 1.6-8 miu/ml )
LH 4.8 ( 1.5-9.3 miu/ml )
Progesterone <0.5 ( <1.4 ng/ml )
PSA, Total 1.7 ( < or = 4 ng/ml )
Testosterone, Total, LC/MS/MS 716 ( 250-1100 ng/dl)
Free Testosterone 89.5 ( 35-155 pg/ml )
Insulin <2 (<17 uIU/mL)

Overall for the past couple of weeks I have felt the most fatigued and stressed than I ever have. There have been no big life changes or any reason to be stressed. With what I have learned it seems these symptoms along with the low cortisol, low body temps sure sounds like Adrenal Fatigue?

In getting my bloodwork results this week I gave my Dr. one more shot in working with me on these issues. But again - he was hesitant to achnowledge any type of hormone/thyroid issues. So I will be working with the Compound Pharmacy moving forward and with a Dr. they reccomened. I have an appt. this week to discuss a further course of action.

My current Supplementaion is as follows:
Vitamin D3 - 5000iu/day
Vitamin C - 2000mg/day
Complete Multi-Vitamin
Drenamin (Adrenal Support)
Cataplex B (Adrenal Support)
Reacted Zinc - 54mg/day
DHEA - 25mg/day
Iodine w/Kelp - 150 mcg/day
Probiotics
Flameout DHA/EPA/CLA
HCL w/Pepsin - only at dinner to aid with digestion.

Comments/Questions:

I have yet to begin using Isocort that was mentioned by PureChance, But have read alot about it and it seems to be highly reccomended by many. I will discuss at my appoitment this week.

I did the sea salt test and did feel a big rush. I have read on a few Adrenal Fatigue websites where they reccomend drinking a glass of water each day containing some Sea Salt.

Should I increase my Iodine supplementation?

Estradiol of 35 looks to be within range???

DHEA and Ferratin are even lower than the previous test results which is concerning.

DHEA Supplementaion - Should I increase dosage to 50mg/day? I have been taking 25mg/day for 1.5 months.

Diet - I eat healthy foods but have always had a severe lack of appitite. This coupled with my issues of feeling bloated after eating meals has resulted in not eating as often as I should. Using the HCL has certainly helped but I only have used it at dinner since its my biggest meal of the day. . I have read that the dosage should be determined by how much you can take without feeling a burning sensation. Then take one less pill. My current dosage is 1000 mg (4 pills) and I have yet to feel a burning sensation but have not increased the dosage. Should I increase and can/should I take it at other times of the day? For example drinking a protein shake instantly gets me bloated.

I realize theres alot of info & questions here but I’ll appreciate any feedback. Thanks

This statement:

[quote]cflyn014 wrote:
Diet - I eat healthy foods but have always had a severe lack of appitite. This coupled with my issues of feeling blouted after eating meals has resulted in not eating as often as I should. [/quote]

is not congruent with my initial thoughts on your diet which I posted months ago:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
I would think your symptoms could be related to your poor diet…oatmeal & banana is NOT a balanced healthy breakfast…a protein shake for lunch is not either…your only real source of food seems to be dinner…some (younger) guys can probably get away with this and Fasting and whatever else is the flavor of the month on this website…most guys can’t…[/quote]

Has this improved? Your diet was not ‘healthy’ before…it was a shitty diet that tends to make one fat and sluggish…

You also said, in retort to my post about Celiacs:

[quote]
I do more times than not react poorly to Gluten. It seems to have worsened with age? Where I once drank beer with no problem, I can hardly stomach it at all these days. Same goes for pasta. The weird thing is that it is sometimes inconsistant - as sometimes I have a bad reaction (instant bloating) and sometimes I dont.[/quote]

Have you done anything to rectify this? Elimination diet? Testing for celiacs? It could certainly explain the issues you’ve been having in the presence of your otherwise good looking bloodwork…

You also said:

[quote]
For one thing I now I dont get enough sleep. Mon thru Fri I wake up at 3:30am, work at 4:30am to approx 3pm. Hit the gym by 4pm & then home. Typically going to bed between 9 to 10pm. Sat. & Sun I do get a good nights sleep. This has been my schedule for well over 20 years. Going to bed any earlier during the week is just about impossible (family time). Energy levels are ok but could be better. I have no problems getting up in the morning, but do sometimes hit a hard wall in the early afternoons. I certainly do feel fatigued at times & have always just chalked it up to not getting enough sleep.[/quote]

Have you improved this? If you know you aren’t geting enough sleep and your diet is not that good, why are you chasing these lab numbers and supplements and stuff? You are trying to build a mansion on swampland…take care of the easy stuff first before getting fancy…

You say you have been doing that for well over 20 years…well guess what buddy, you’re 42 now…you can’t get away with that stuff at 42 that you could when you were 22…

VTBalla34 - I guess I need to clarify my statements. Since my initial post I have greatly improved my diet (eating approx. every 3 hours with a healthy balance of protein, fat, and carbs). I have mostly eliminated all gluten and milk (which I use to drink alot of), and I have eliminated all caffeine as well. This has made a huge impact in regards to my long time constipation/bloating issues.Using HCL with meals has been very helpfull as well. I do however at times still get quickly bloated after a high protein meal or shake. This is why I asked about if it was ok to take HCL every time you eat.

I have not yet tested for Celiacs but will do so. I have been waiting on that as I wanted to give the numerous eliminations a chance first.

Sleep is at 6.5 hours during the week and longer on the weekends. I realize this could be better but its a tough one with my schedule.

If it appears I’m “chasing” lab numbers or in other words “something that is not there” that is not the case. I initialy posted my labwork here to ensure that there were no other major issues causing my fatigue outside of my diet & lack of sleep. Obviously those two things HAVE to improve and they have and will continue to do so. The feedback I recieved here has been greatly appreciated and has forced me to learn alot about myself. Whatever questions or comments I’ve made in my posts has been a result of the feedback I’ve recieved here.
I’m glad my bloodwork looks good - hopefully in time the changes to my diet and getting more sleep will eliviate the fatigue/stress/anxiety I’ve been suffering from. And with luck - there will be no need for supplements and stuff.

Thank you - I do appreciate the interest you have shown.

Hey mate, it sounds like you are on the right track. Keep improving those lifestyle factors and hopefully you will reap the benefits.

Re: Celiacs. If you have eliminated gluten, you can’t get an accurate reading for it so it may be unnecessary to test unless you plan to reintroduce gluten. If you can live the lifestyle and not fall back off the wagon and eliminate gluten for the rest of your life, then I see no need to get a celiacs panel done. Some don’t want to go this route because its rather difficult to completely avoid gluten!

If you want to know the tests to take, take a look at my thread. It is somewhere in there (Bloodwork and TRT Cheatsheet). There are also a ton of good celiacs sites out there that will give you more than enough info.

I don’t know anything about HCL, so I can’t help you there.

One thing that stands out to me is your free testosterone. “89.5 ( 35-155 pg/ml )” I’ve tested testosterone through numerous labs and I always get inconsistent lab ranges for free testosterone. I did some research and found that the range, “35-155” was devised to detect low levels of testosterone. The ideal range is 46-224, optimal being the upper-third. If we base your free testosterone value of 89.5 within this range, you are around 20% of ideal.