T Nation

Do I Drink Too Much Water?

it seems that when i am sitting around or doing whatever during the afternoon, when i push out my stomach and then relax it, i hear water moving around like crazy. does this mean i drink too much water, or retaining too much? or is it something that is normal to happen.

AAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHA

[quote]rsg wrote:
AAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHA[/quote]

wow strong answer

[quote]relativelyfunguy wrote:
rsg wrote:
AAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHA

wow strong answer[/quote]

If you drink a lot of water it’s perfectly normal - happy?

[quote]rsg wrote:
relativelyfunguy wrote:
rsg wrote:
AAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHA

wow strong answer

If you drink a lot of water it’s perfectly normal - happy?[/quote]

are you happy with your response to a serious question?

you can’t drink too much water-you’ll just piss the excess out. Don’t worry about it.

Drinking an excessive amount of water isn’t harmful unless you’re really force-feeding yourself, which you arent.
Drinking more than necessary won’t (as far as I know) cause you to retain water either. You’ll just pee more often.

The sound in your stomach is normal. I have it from time to time, however, it’s not something I associate with over-hydration, or over-drinking. Sometimes it’s just noisier than other times.

No worries about this.

[quote]bruinsdmb wrote:
you can’t drink too much water-you’ll just piss the excess out. Don’t worry about it.[/quote]

Wrong! You can actually drink enough water that it causes an electrolyte imbalance and can kill you. Its happened to some marines in basic before.

However, the sloshing in the stomach is just semen from your morning trip to the glory hole.

[quote]bruinsdmb wrote:
you can’t drink too much water-you’ll just piss the excess out. Don’t worry about it.[/quote]

While I am sure most people have little to worry about on this issue, you CAN drink too much water. Look up “water intoxication”. This is most dangerous during extreme activity where an electrolyte imbalance can occur.

An article on the subject:
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3912/is_200205/ai_n9027182

There have been deaths in the military because of this.

What does that mean? That too much of ANYTHING can kill you and the goal in all things should be moderation.

water can kill you…

numerous deaths related to ectasy have been from consuming too much water due to the increased thirst (a friend told me).

the brain swells = death

My wife drinks an insane amount of water, about 3 monthst ago she starts getting heart palpitations occasionaly, one night they wouldn’t stop, we finally went to the emergency room, by the time we got there she was almost passing out, after tests they discovered her pottasium levels were dangerously low, they treated that and it went away, I believe it was do to her heavy water consumption, she got plenty of pottasium from her diet plus took quality vtamin/mineral supplements. I finally convinced her to back of juat a little bit and she hasn’t had any problems since.

Easy solution to all of this guys. Drink Spike Shooters instead.

[quote]Gorgeous wrote:
Drinking an excessive amount of water isn’t harmful unless you’re really force-feeding yourself, which you arent.
Drinking more than necessary won’t (as far as I know) cause you to retain water either. You’ll just pee more often.

The sound in your stomach is normal. I have it from time to time, however, it’s not something I associate with over-hydration, or over-drinking. Sometimes it’s just noisier than other times.

No worries about this.[/quote]

Actually…

drinking too LITTLE water causes you to retain fluid.

I guess because kids don’t actually play outside anymore these things are no longer “known”?

I mean, come on, when I was growing up, there was a time when we all discovered we could shake around like idiots and feel sloshing, if we’d recently drank something anyway.

Sigh, what’s with the bizarro questions around here lately?

I’m amazed half the human race hasn’t suffered spontaneous explosion by overeating or suffered extensive brain damage while gorging on frozen treats.

[quote]vroom wrote:
I guess because kids don’t actually play outside anymore these things are no longer “known”?

I mean, come on, when I was growing up, there was a time when we all discovered we could shake around like idiots and feel sloshing, if we’d recently drank something anyway.

Sigh, what’s with the bizarro questions around here lately?

I’m amazed half the human race hasn’t suffered spontaneous explosion by overeating or suffered extensive brain damage while gorging on frozen treats.[/quote]

They aren’t bizarro, they are lame and uneducated. It is very often beginning to sound like a 10th grade lockerroom on this site with regards to the advice given by some of these people and the questions asked.

“If I don’t take a shit for 3 days will that help me gain weight?”

I am about to help Darwin gain some extra credit points.

I think we should ban water on the grounds of how dangerous it is.

I heard water is just like steriods.

Pretty easy answer. Your piss should be very lightly yellow (almost clear but not quite). If it’s usually totally clear, you can (and really should) back off some.

It’s also not a good idea to slam a ton at once, but you probably knew that. Metered throughout the day with more at exercise.

X is right, people ought to know this stuff already.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I think we should ban water on the grounds of how dangerous it is.

I heard water is just like steriods.[/quote]

I heard some people put creatine in water, and after it gets mixed up, you can’t tell its there. Aint no way to know whos “on” creatine anymore.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I think we should ban water on the grounds of how dangerous it is.

I heard water is just like steriods.[/quote]

Holy shit I need to stop drinking water right now I don’t want to get huuuuuge.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I think we should ban water on the grounds of how dangerous it is.

I heard water is just like steriods.[/quote]

But if there was no water, we wouldn’t be able to learn how to swim, and then we’d all drown.