T Nation

Do Gloves Have an Impact?

I have been wearing gloves becuase I tend to rip my hands up pretty good on heavy lifts. Does this have a negative effect on anything?

I think you answered your own question.

I was mainly refering to lighter lifts.

Why would wearing gloves have a negative effect on lighter lifts?
Hehe, this thread is going where you had planned huh? :slight_smile:

From my understanding using gloves is like using a fat bar thus making it harder to grip

Thanks dpower for an actual answer.

lift weights gloves or not you’ll be fine

wearing gloves is like putting vaginas on your hands

Lift without using gloves -> Makes your palm skin rough which I like it that way :slight_smile:

I use to use gloves. Then I decided to try lifting without them.

The only way I can describe is: It can be compared to having sex with or without a condom (the gloves being the condom ofcourse)

Which one would you choose

[quote]rakris wrote:
Lift without using gloves -> Makes your palm skin rough which I like it that way :slight_smile: [/quote]

can you and the op chat each other up via pm, this is a public forum

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
rakris wrote:
Lift without using gloves -> Makes your palm skin rough which I like it that way :slight_smile:

can you and the op chat each other up via pm, this is a public forum[/quote]

Funny. But that wasnt anything like a chat!. I said i like “my” palms that way…

Gloves are great for lighter exercises, pull ups, chins, and for anything involving dumbells. They keep me from ripping my calluses on the heavy deads so I’d say they are pretty valuable. Most chicks appreciate nice smooth hands that are strong rather than hands that look like you shook hands with wolverine :confused:

[quote]Standard Donkey wrote:
wearing gloves is like putting vaginas on your hands[/quote]

I am going to start jerking off with gloves.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Standard Donkey wrote:
wearing gloves is like putting vaginas on your hands

I am going to start jerking off with gloves.[/quote]

LMAO

No Gloves In The Gym

[quote]silverbullet wrote:
I use to use gloves. Then I decided to try lifting without them.

The only way I can describe is: It can be compared to having sex with or without a condom (the gloves being the condom ofcourse)

Which one would you choose[/quote]

Could not have been explained better.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Standard Donkey wrote:
wearing gloves is like putting vaginas on your hands

I am going to start jerking off with gloves.[/quote]

Smell the glove.

[quote]rakris wrote:
Lift without using gloves -> Makes your palm skin rough which I like it that way :slight_smile: [/quote]

Sicko…

Leave your masturbation tendencies to yourself please.

My 90lb girlfriend doesn’t wear gloves, she uses chalk.

C’mon.

man up