T Nation

Do Fat Burners Work?

Not sure this is the ideal place for this post, but i was wondering what fat burners truly work.. i.e. brand that have been proven.. either over the counter or not?

i,m looking to trim a few % off ( of course with a proper diet)

just wondering what people have used that work.. I have tried a few over the counter ones.. but there all a joke if you ask me.. gimmick products.

thanks

HOT-ROX. It’s hard to tell if/when a fat Bruner “works”, because you have to diet pretty much the same with it vs without. Really, most people saying they work well or bad don’t have an objective comparison (ie they did a diet with them vs without them)

Synergizing stuff like caffeine, another ingredient to aid adrenaline and noradrenaline, and some kind of A2 inhibitor (yohimbine) works.

I’ve used and liked forskolin too.

Do the research and learn about common ingredients. Keep in mind if you’re at 20% fat looking to go to 15 (or hell, even 15 to 12) you likely just need to rethink your diet, food choices, and training regiment.

dieting works. exercise works. the rest is just to supplement your diet and hard work. it’s not designed to work for you. you can not out-supplement a bad diet.

[quote]bpbob wrote:
dieting works. exercise works. the rest is just to supplement your diet and hard work. it’s not designed to work for you. you can not out-supplement a bad diet.[/quote]

Spot on! Too many people take fat burners but don’t do the real work. Every time I’ve taken HOT-ROX or Carbolin 19 for cutting, it’s worked very well, but my nutrition and exercise regimen were also geared towards fat loss as a priority. So, work hard and let the supplements help, understanding that you won’t get a 6 pack purely from taking a pill.

thanks guys…
i used to think my diet was in check for fat burning but thats when i was 320lbs… i,m not 210 and looking to drop to 190ish.
i train 6 days a week… so it has to be my diet… the prob is… getting help on a diet is the hard part… I dont train to get into a show…
so most diets i see are gear to the competitor. or for the really fat guy (excuse the term ) however i think i earned the right to say fat guy as i am and was… LOL

I,ll look into the info provided…

I donty often post here but when i do, i,m glad to know there are guys out there willing to help out a fellow lifter…
great site and i have learned a ton. sadly there is still a ton to learn… LOL

[quote]Sutebun wrote:
rethink your diet, food choices, and training regiment.[/quote]

^^^^
best fat burner on the market.

that, and one of those free calorie counting apps for your phone could do wonders.