Ab/core stuff
Reverse curls 3x8

Friday
Squat 3x5 1x3 1x8
Bench 3x5 1x3 1x8
Row 3x5 1x3 1x8
Bicep curls 3x8
Skull crushers 3x8

recently I havent been able to progress with my squat and i thought its because my deadlift was lagging behind. I have for the past 2 weeks switched squat and dead around in the above format, but am wondering if this is a bad idea ??? thought i heard deads is more demanding on beginners and or that deadlifting 1st could effect my row also for that day

any thoughts???

Squat x5 is around 300
Dead x5 im only up to 220 (not that thats anywhere near my limit, i think I started off way to low at the start of this program to get form down.)

just to add, I do eat properly, sleep a shit load and recover on days off if that means deadliftin x3 a week is ok. and also as soon as i hit say 300+ with my dead i will switch back to the original layout. (probably dropping squat down a bit so as to build back up to squating x3 a week again)

That was a pretty bad idea switching them around espesially since you are saying you aren’t even deadlifting at what you think is a heavy weight. Your squat will make your deadlift go up fairly naturally. Your deadlift will not make your squat go up.

I also can’t imagine deadlifting 3 times a week. Squatting that heavy is really hard once you get pretty heavy too but I feel like I recover from it better.

Do you have video of your 300lb 5rep squat? Also video of your deadlift? Maybe both are stalled from form issues. Another option on your squat is to back the weight off and go deeper.

[quote]qirard wrote:
That was a pretty bad idea switching them around espesially since you are saying you aren’t even deadlifting at what you think is a heavy weight. Your squat will make your deadlift go up fairly naturally. Your deadlift will not make your squat go up.

I also can’t imagine deadlifting 3 times a week. Squatting that heavy is really hard once you get pretty heavy too but I feel like I recover from it better.

Do you have video of your 300lb 5rep squat? Also video of your deadlift? Maybe both are stalled from form issues. Another option on your squat is to back the weight off and go deeper. [/quote]

Interesting. My deadlift and squat numbers always went up in waves. Whenever one would stall, I would focus hard on the progression of the unstalled movement, and eventually the stalled movement would budge in a big way.

OP, maybe you should ease off the amount of frequency on the squatting and see if that DL goes up with more focus on it? Just a thought.

EDIT: OP, how tall are you?

Gonna guess the OP has pretty short arms, but he might just have a shallow squat, or something else.

OP, first thing is to video your lifts. IMO, everyone should do it on AT LEAST a semi-regular basis, if not multiple times per week. This way we can help you out with anything you may be doing obviously wrong.

Also OP, get out of the habit of squatting and deadlifting on the same day. As you move up in weight, you’ll find it gets harder and harder to hit PRs like that.