Do Bodybuilders have Low Relative Strength?

[quote]Bull_Scientist wrote:
So I’ve been studying a lot of on the concept of relative strength and how it affects a person’s athletic performance and mobility speed. A lot of people and sources that I’ve read say that bodybuilders are relatively weak pound for pound.
[/quote]
Relative to whom or to what?

Relative to other elite-level strength athletes (power lifters, strongman, O-lifters): maybe.

Relative to anybody else, including most athletes: probably not.

Also:

• A lot of people and sources make money selling gimmicks, and part of the sales pitch is the alleged weakness of bodybuilders, or the inferiority of bodybuilders’ methods.

• A lot of people are jealous and look to tear down anybody or anything that makes them feel insecure.

(p.s. I am a weak little puke, who actually should not be posting in this forum. I am a wiggly worm, sir, a wiggly worm; lower than the bottom of the ocean depths.)

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]buzza wrote:

[quote]Dead_For_Life wrote:

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]jasmincar wrote:

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]optheta wrote:
WHO CARES?[/quote]

With two people of equal muscle mass at the same height, what mainly makes one stronger than the other, anyway?

Their insertion points? Their leverages (though this would only apply to one specific lift)? More fast twitch fibers? More efficient nervous system?

[quote]lunk wrote:
With two people of equal muscle mass at the same height, what mainly makes one stronger than the other, anyway?

Their insertion points? Their leverages (though this would only apply to one specific lift)? More fast twitch fibers? More efficient nervous system?[/quote]
Their nervous system.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
combo breaker[/quote]

I LOLed hard from that.