T Nation

Do All Men Become Grumpy Ol' Bastards?

I typed out several paragraphs and then accidentally deleted it so here’s the short version.

I asked him what was making him angry. I let him vent and just listened. Later on we had some ‘fun’. Today he’s doing better.

Things will be better for the moment. Long term there is an underlying problem. I don’t know what the future will bring but I’ll just encourage counseling, continue to hit the gym (which actually motivates him to go) and drug him lol. Just kidding. I think herbal supplements could be beneficial though.

Well, he got some ‘fun’ out of it, so it must have been a good idea to get mad.

His testosterone is low. Maybe not low enough for most doctors to go for TRT, but probably in the low-normal.

I’m 37 next month and I’ve noticed I’m a LOT moodier. But if I keep my protein level high and use test-promoting supplements it goes away.

[quote]MightyMaus wrote:
His testosterone is low. Maybe not low enough for most doctors to go for TRT, but probably in the low-normal.

I’m 37 next month and I’ve noticed I’m a LOT moodier. But if I keep my protein level high and use test-promoting supplements it goes away.[/quote]

Order him some Rez-v from here…

X = Stupid Shit Seen Daily
Y = 365 Days

X * 65Y = Grumpy

Sounds like you made some progress at least. Take it one day at a time. Best of luck to you guys.

Yes, all men become grumpy old bastard. Occasionally. If more than that something is wrong.

Now take this in the spirit of playing devil’s advocate, not picking a fight. I don’t know you or your significant other, and you don’t know me, but:

Should we ask him how often you’re moody?

Maybe he feels trapped

Pffffffft, I just turned 30 and I have been a grumpy old man for the past 5-6 years. It seems that as I get older, everyone else becomes dumber, more irritating, and less pleasant to be around.

I think maybe my bullshit detector is becoming more sensitive and better at picking up on everyone’s stupid bullshit.

Everywhere I go, everyone I see, all people I encounter have a more disgusting aura then they did a year ago. People just suck. I hate people. Everyone is so fucking disgusting in my eyes.

If you don’t believe me, just go to a mall, or a walmart. You will see horrible people all over the place, they all look like livestock, like it’s a damn zoo. Pigs and cows and monkeys and chickens… I hate it.

You know what else? It’s the smell! People, especially in large numbers, just give off a foul stink that makes me want to retch. It is sickening and repulsive. You can almost see it! Like green fumes hovering over people. It is enough to make me want to stab myself in the throat with a rusty screwdriver. I can’t stand it.

And KIDS… GEEEEEZUZ. Don’t even get me started on how much I hate children, in fact, just thinking about children makes me tremble with furious rage. Stupid, disgusting people should NOT be allowed to breed. PERIOD. Only smart, rational people should be allowed to have children. You have seen these kids, the offspring of stupid, disgusting people. You know what I am talking about. I just have the balls to say it.

Things would be so much different if I were in charge of everything. Most people would not be allowed to even go outside. Man, that would be so sweet. A world without people… Ahhhhhhhhhh… bliss…

/thread

Sometimes we can’t pinpoint why we’re in such cranky moods. If hormones are the culprit, my assumption is that food is always the first catalyst. If my blood sugar gets low, look out. In that state, even the smallest things irritate me, let alone the major ones like the idiocy of today’s youth. I’m 45, so I’m already in cranky old bastard mode.

One thing that ALWAYS puts me in a calm mood for the day is an intimate morning with my cutie-pie wife.

I’m just curious if your husband knows you’re bringing this up on an internet forum?

Have you asked him to try and put his finger on the underlying problem?

jpb