Do Actors Use Steroids?

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
patricio2626 wrote:
Dre the Hatchet wrote:
let’s help this thread out a little…

You, sir, just brightened my day.

BTW Patricio you have some swole arms man… Keep up the good work.[/quote]

Thanks, man. I’m definitely in ‘motivated’ mode here as of late, so I’m gonna ride it for all it’s worth now, while the getting’s good. I have my ‘slack off’ and ‘bust my ass’ phases…

Actors have the money for the best foods and the time to work with the best trainers.

[quote]DF85 wrote:
Actors have the money for the best foods and the time to work with the best trainers.[/quote]

psssh, that can’t be it. Food, rest and hard work? You must be trippin…

Come one dude. It’s gotta be roids man. People with drive, determination and balls can’t do what OP can’t without da juice man.

DF85 wrote:
Actors have the money for the best foods and the time to work with the best trainers.

psssh, that can’t be it. Food, rest and hard work? You must be trippin…

Come one dude. It’s gotta be roids man. People with drive, determination and balls can’t do what OP can’t without da juice man.[/quote]

Yep, roidz = instant dream physique; no work required! :wink:

If they do or dont who cares? Would I be shocked? No, but its obvious the larger the lead male is the bigger the box office (usually) Arnold, Sly, Vin, Jackman, Bale are great examples of that.

When you work in an industry that puts so much value on your appearance would you blame them?

To add to that, if i was paid to workout and look good id be in pretty good shape

The big screen makes actors look huge. There is a huge discrepancy between what they look like on the big screen and what they look like in still shots from production photos.

i would say yes. OPs not asking if its good or bad morally, just asking if we think they do… straight up question… and i think they do…

am i wrong OP?

[quote]TakeDamage wrote:
i would say yes. OPs not asking if its good or bad morally, just asking if we think they do… straight up question… and i think they do…

am i wrong OP?

[/quote]

Yeah, given their radical body changes in such short periods of time, I’m sure many do, too. Still a shit-ton of work to do that, though.

Drugs or not, top class trainers or not, best food money can buy or not. Still gotta do the work, still have to sweat and push the body to the limits.

[quote]Getting Closer wrote:
Does anyone think or know if actors use steroids? I know that the bodies that they achieve can be achieved without steroids, its just the length of time in which they achieve it. How can they do it so fast.

I know that it is there job so they are super dedicated to it but if someone were to show me a workout and nutrition plan that would give me the kind of results that they get I’m pretty sure I would do it.[/quote]

Man, with their cash, they can get HGH, Test, Arim, and all under the best medical whoredom money can buy! Fuckin-A they use, even the women. They also have the best plastic surgeons on call.

Look at Stallone — uses so much HGH he looks like a fucking gorilla.

Chances are some of them are using other illegal things like human growth hormone to keep them looking good.

One thing is I’m pretty sure movie posters themselves are touched up. I’ll bet Hugh Jackman didn’t looks as incredible in the new X Men movie as he did in the poster. I didn’t see the movie though.

Dude, Jackman wasn’t that fucking big!

This thread makes me want to stab myself…

not a single one of those “transformations” would require anything other then hard work, food, and rest… the one with edward norton cracked me up, OMFG, we added 20 pounds to a guy who was walking around at single digit body fat and now he looks big!!! same with scheen and dr dre…

Bale I could see either way. but I think most of that was him just getting back to a “normal” size, the time makes it iffy but I still doubt he did…

either way, most people dont realize how big you look when your lean… specially in a picture…

Dude, Jackman wasn’t that fucking big!

This thread makes me want to stab myself…[/quote]

Agreed. If most people here haven’t passed up “Jackman level” in their first 2 years of lifting, either their work ethic or their genetics suck much ass. He is very lean in this pic and no doubt does work hard, but his development is NOT, “OMG, he MUST need roidz to look like that!!!” worthy.

There are no doubt actors who use steroids, but acting like their level of development NEEDS steroids to get that look is retarded. In fact, if you don’t think their physiques are attainable without drugs, then this is the wrong activity for you.

[quote]Ratchet wrote:
not a single one of those “transformations” would require anything other then hard work, food, and rest… the one with edward norton cracked me up, OMFG, we added 20 pounds to a guy who was walking around at single digit body fat and now he looks big!!! same with scheen and dr dre…

Bale I could see either way. but I think most of that was him just getting back to a “normal” size, the time makes it iffy but I still doubt he did…

either way, most people dont realize how big you look when your lean… specially in a picture…[/quote]

Exactly.

There’s never any real thickness and the emphasis is on the ‘beach’ muscles, like the abs, arms, shoulders and chest.

It’s about creating an illusion.

[quote]TakeDamage wrote:

am i wrong OP?
[/quote]

true but people here take it personal as if you’ve insulted them directly or something…weird

I wouldn’t say that every actor who beefs up took steroids. It’s their job to look good…

Most of the people here don’t get it. You can not look at someone and use that as a basis for determining steroid use. Plenty of huge guys use steroids. Plenty of huge guys are clean. Plenty of skinny guys use steroids.

Plenty of skinny guys are clean. It is impossible to look at someone (even if you have before and after pics with a specific time frame) and determine what drugs they’ve put in their bodies. This excludes someone like (insert name of random Pro BBer) who stands 5’8 ish 250ish in competition shape.

I don’t see any actors looking like top pro BBers, where it would be safe to assume that steroids are part of the result.

Some people use steroids and some people dont. I’m pretty sure actors fall into the category of “some people”.

I know what I’m getting into when I say this but anyone who claims that someone is using steroids to make dramatic gains in a short period of time is trying to justify their sucess in the gym (whether it is a positive or negative point of view). You can preface a post with “I’m not saying they don’t work hard, but…” all you want. The implication is obvious.