DNC Already Smearing McCain

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
What is there to discuss though? Politicians smear each other with misleading “facts” all of the time.

I could see this article being used in a debate if someone were to bring up these claims, but creating a thread about the validity of claims that have not yet been made on this forum kind of lead me to my original analysis. The purpose of this thread is seemingly to influence my opinion of the Democratic party. If this were about a GOP smear campaign, I’d be saying the same thing.

It may not be Boston’s goal (I’m not accusing him of propaganda, and I’m sorry that my remarks came off like that), but I feel like this article is more evidence than a talking point all on its own.

Seriously, look into Factcheck.org - it’s nonpartisan.

The reason they published the article is that the claims were brought up, by the DNC - in a fundraising letter, signed by Howard Dean. Whether the claims were made on this forum seems immaterial to me - how do you think it applies?[/quote]

I believe that factcheck is non-partisan. It was the act of posting the article here that I am questioning, not the fact that the article was published in the first place.

I don’t see a reason for this to be posted exclusively as it’s own thread. Would you explain your reasoning for me?
(Internet disclaimer: I am not being sarcastic.)

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
@Rainjack: I’ve decided that from now on, I will respond to your anti-youth comments with the wisdom of Walter Sobchak; even when that wisdom is totally irrelevant! Enjoy!

Saturday, Donny, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means that I don’t work, I don’t get in a car, I don’t fucking ride in a car, I don’t pick up the phone, I don’t turn on the oven, and I sure as shit don’t fucking roll! Shomer shabbos! ~Walter Sobchak

There is probably more relevance to Sobchak than anything you have to offer, so I thank you.

Seriously, has it ever crossed your mind that you really don’t possess the knowledge to offer anything of substance in the political forum? You have not paid any taxes, you have not voted, yet you think you have something to offer because you can read? Try living first. It trumps the written word.

When did it become acceptable to allow children to sit at the adult table? [/quote]

What the fuck are you talking about? The Chinaman is not the issue here, Dude. I’m talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude. Across this line, you DO NOT… Also, Dude, Chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please. ~Walter Sobchak

The DNC hardly has to bother trashing McCain while Republicans seem quite willing to do it for them.

It would make my day though if a Democrat aligned 527 resurrected the story about McCain fathering a black baby.