DL vs RDL Differences?

[quote]undeadlift wrote:
It would be much better if you fixed your wrist first then do heavier stuff than keep on doing very light exercises.

GHR machines are rare, so don’t get your hopes up. If you want, you can do a makeshift GHR machine at home. It’s definitely worth it.[/quote]

…Basically

Until then you can do stationary bike on the most difficult level and leg extentions are fine. It’s hard to believe that moving a weight will not work that muscle. But for the most part fixing your wrist should be your goal 2 weeks hardcore lifing is better then 2 months light exercising.

Make sure that if you do leg extensions, do leg curls as well.

You are right in the assumption that leg extensions are not a good mass builder for your thighs. Exactly how sprained is your wrist? If you can do RDL’s, then I am sure you can do exercises such as rows, chins, etc. Working legs and back while neglecting chest… who would have ever thought of that?

[quote]fightingtiger wrote:
You are right in the assumption that leg extensions are not a good mass builder for your thighs. Exactly how sprained is your wrist? If you can do RDL’s, then I am sure you can do exercises such as rows, chins, etc. Working legs and back while neglecting chest… who would have ever thought of that?[/quote]

Only some positions hurt it. I can do curls, but I can’t do pushups or bench press.

I didn’t actually do RDL’s, I just put on 50 pounds and did some to see if I could do the proper form.

When I do my Romanian Deadlifts I can use straps and go for more volume. That way on leg days I can do Squats and Romanian Deadlifts. By bending my knees slightly and making the RDL like a cheat Stiff Legged Deadlift that never hits the ground you can use a heavy weight to hammer your posterior chain for 12-15 reps.

I use conventional deadlifts less often and I only train within a rep range of 1-5 for conventional deadlifts. If you’re training for anything besides power lifting then Romanian deadlifts are a good way to train your legs without the whole body stress that conventional deadlifts put on you.

IF you want to be a powerlifter, I don’t think high rep Romanian deadlifts will be that useful to you.

Maybe you bend your wrist back too far in the bench, using the false grip technique. How do you hold the bar in bench presses?

[quote]irongutted wrote:
Maybe you bend your wrist back too far in the bench, using the false grip technique. How do you hold the bar in bench presses?[/quote]

I think that is the reason. My wrist also hurts when I do pushups so I think whenever my wrist bends backwards slightly it hurts.

[quote]michaelangelos wrote:
irongutted wrote:
Maybe you bend your wrist back too far in the bench, using the false grip technique. How do you hold the bar in bench presses?

I think that is the reason. My wrist also hurts when I do pushups so I think whenever my wrist bends backwards slightly it hurts.[/quote]

You didn’t answer the question.

[quote]undeadlift wrote:
michaelangelos wrote:
irongutted wrote:

I think that is the reason. My wrist also hurts when I do pushups so I think whenever my wrist bends backwards slightly it hurts.

You didn’t answer the question.[/quote]

My palms are facing forward I guess.