DL Sticking Near the Ground. Accessory?

hahahaha

unless any of us has actually seen your pull (on video or in person) who the heck will actually know what’s wrong with your deadlift?

it could be something simple like, you are not pushing against your belt hard enough with your abs.

find a powerlifting gym with guys that have big deadlifts and have been doing it for a while. have them look at your deadlift.

that is what i did, and i went from 335 to 672.

[quote]tom63 wrote:
Form is important , but young guys often need to just get stronger . It’s amazing how ones’s technique improves with increased strength. Also, some of the best deadlifters ever had what some call poor form , like Vince Anello 800 and up at 298.[/quote]
For anyone that does not know of Vince Anello tom63 had a typo - he pulled over 800 at 198.
Lamar Gant pulled about 5x bwt at 123 lbs but had some anatomically favorable leverages (as did Anello to a less extent). Because gear contributes less to the DL than the other lifts you still see these old school legends in the top XX lists in the DL more often than SQ and BP.

Thanks got the correction, I phone posting with fat thumbs.

Yep, Anello was 198. Gant had long arms and scoliosis, his lockout was app at knee level. He did 672 at 132.