DL Milestone for Me Today

This will be unimpressive for most people here. But for me today was a great day haha. I've always been pretty active (boxing, grappling)... however just started lifting with a real plan and tracking progress 9 weeks ago. Doing Starr's 5x5.

Anyways… 5’9, 154lbs, and deadlifted 315lbs today. And that was after doing my 4x5. I just felt especially good. It was nice, and it felt good to pull those 3 plates a side off of the ground.

Next stop 405lbs by 160lbs bodyweight!

Anyone else have a good day today? Perhaps not impressive to the more experienced lifters… but good for you?

Good job man!

I had a banging workout today too, mainly because my knee is feeling better and wrapping it up tight allows me to squat with weights again. Baby steps…

315 is a milestone for anyone at any lift, don’t sell yourself short. Everyone has to start somewhere, dude.

Good job and keep it up.

-dizzle

Yeah man! 315 is a huge weight on any lift. Hell, I remember being in college watching the ‘big guys’ bench 225. Now it’s no biggie, but at the time, it was a huge step for me. Remember that outside of the gym world, there are way different criteria for being in shape, or being strong, or anything we worry about. In the ‘real world’, you’re one strong M.F., so be proud… Now keep going wussy, come back when you hit 405 -lol

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Yeah man! 315 is a huge weight on any lift. Hell, I remember being in college watching the ‘big guys’ bench 225. Now it’s no biggie, but at the time, it was a huge step for me. Remember that outside of the gym world, there are way different criteria for being in shape, or being strong, or anything we worry about. In the ‘real world’, you’re one strong M.F., so be proud… Now keep going wussy, come back when you hit 405 -lol

S
[/quote]

Haha that is pretty true. What is good in the gym differs very much from the outside world. And 225lbs looked impossible to me at one point as well. Now I can do it for 4 reps. Can’t wait to bench 3 plates though!

PS - meant to put this in the strength sports forum. My bad

Setting a PR is sweet. I esp love the dl. It is great when small guys like us are putting up big weights.

My workout today was light and quick. My knee is pretty busted, so I can’t do big weight trying to keep it warm, but I did bang out 32 squats at 135lb in a minute fifteen.

Congrats. Got 315 a few weeks ago, was awesome. Wanna race to 405?