DL Form Check, Ugly Sumo Style

Hi, could you guys give me some feedback about my deadlift, I really sucks in the deadlift, I can’t reach even 200kg, I weight 82kg…

[quote]exal wrote:
Hi, could you guys give me some feedback about my deadlift, I really sucks in the deadlift, I can’t reach even 200kg, I weight 82kg…[/quote]

I noticed for one that there wasn’t much explosiveness off of the ground – I could barely tell when you initiated the lift. You might want to focus more on speed reps in your training or even just giving yourself the mental cue of ripping the slack out of the bar and driving hard through the floor with your heels.

Otherwise you seem to be a bit uneven off of the floor (i.e., right side is coming up faster than the left); perhaps some of the more experienced members here would be able to venture a guess as to why that is.

Keep it up!

Just from watching, perhaps widen stance and narrow your grip. I will assume you are a natural athlete so I dont think your numbers are bad at all. You really need to let us know your lifting history though.

How long have you been lifting, training your deadlift?

What has your last few weeks of training schedule?

What do you eat? Diet makes a difference in what your lifts will be.

Are you suffering any back pain issues? Past or Present?

first, that’s a max deadlift, and when you pull heavy shit happens, congrats on the 190.

Second, can the negative talk… you’re strong, and forget about 200, focus on 250. Fuck 200.

3rd, you panicked and let your hips rise at the start. Think back to the lift, try to remember, and you’ll know I’m right. you started in a really good position. YOu need to go back to 80% and just keep drilling perfect technique with doubles and triples at this weight on your deadlift day and stop when form breaks down.

4th, you lead with your with your back instead of your legs. Your legs should be locked out before you even beging to pull back. a lot of people will get it to their knees, and stop their leg drive and try to lock it out with their back. But at the knees is the most mechanically disadvantageous portion of the lift, it makes more sense to lock the knees and keep the bar close for better leverages.

Watch these 2 videos. to get an idea of what I mean.

first is konstantin pozdeev who is a beast.

second is andrey belyaev - the man, he’s wearing a suit, but that doesn’t matter for this example, he pulls the same way raw.

People are going to tell you to do exercises to fix this problem, but there’s no exercises that can fix form man… probably the most important thing you can do is tape your pulls, then compare them to good sumo pullers on youtube.

Best of luck, straight on till 250!

[quote]neckcranker wrote:
Just from watching, perhaps widen stance and narrow your grip. I will assume you are a natural athlete so I dont think your numbers are bad at all. You really need to let us know your lifting history though.

How long have you been lifting, training your deadlift?

What has your last few weeks of training schedule?

What do you eat? Diet makes a difference in what your lifts will be.

Are you suffering any back pain issues? Past or Present?[/quote]

I think my deadlift sucks because I started 2011 competing in my first meet with 185kg and now, more than a year after I’m also in the same poor weight with 190kg

I train one or two times p/week deadlift, some good mornings, my trainins last weeks was low intensity, and have not any significant back pain

thank you so much

[quote]Larry10 wrote:
first, that’s a max deadlift, and when you pull heavy shit happens, congrats on the 190.
[/quote]

Bro, I know I suck when all other competitors in my weight class are above 210kg

[quote]Larry10 wrote:
Second, can the negative talk… you’re strong, and forget about 200, focus on 250. Fuck 200.
[/quote]

you’re right bro, I must lift much more than 200kg

[quote]Larry10 wrote:
3rd, you panicked and let your hips rise at the start. Think back to the lift, try to remember, and you’ll know I’m right. you started in a really good position. YOu need to go back to 80% and just keep drilling perfect technique with doubles and triples at this weight on your deadlift day and stop when form breaks down.
[/quote]

Bro, you’re totally right when you are talking about that fear, that always happen on my meets, in my training I pull with a more decent technique and just in the meet with the big weights I screw up all and raise my ass first…

Thanks for the videos, very good form examples, I really appreciate all your comments and I will do my best to follow your suggestions to get better and lift those 250, which I know I can

Good man, I really like your attitude.

What the progess been like in your other lifts? Whats you max squat at? Asking about diet again because if your not feeding yourself right you performance will suffer. Maybe you should describe your training program to us.

Those lifters in the videos are amazing lifters. Anybody know how they are training?

[quote]neckcranker wrote:
Those lifters in the videos are amazing lifters. Anybody know how they are training?[/quote]

Belyaev is all sheiko style training, but has taken it to such a high level he’s doing 7-10 training sessions a week, I have some of his programs and they’re nuts, but all in the 70-85% range for double to triples.

Pozdeev, I don’t know, but I would sure love to find out, I think a variation of sheiko though… can’t say for sure.

Well obviously over the long term the style of training is paying off. Do you think they are hitting the deadlift everyday too?