T Nation

DL Form Check? Successful Pull & Fail

Pulling 275 against bands that generate about 130 at the top. so I’d guess 390 at the top just to give the band some fair-way.

Yes I lift in pink sketchers, Yes I’m pulling with a modified sumo stance to see how It feels to me. Yes The angles suck, I’m figuring out better ways to record in my gym now.

The bars have no knurling (grip). My hands are more sweaty than my lonely Friday nights and my gym almost banned me for using chalk already. That being said, I’m not quite strong enough to pull anymore weight, Derp.

My personal thoughts? On the first pull I did a good job of getting tight and getting speed off the ground. I jerked the weight, thus pulling myself out of position so it was shit.

Second pull, didn’t get tight, didn’t get position. Oddly, put tension on the bar before It left the ground. I need to work on putting tention on the bar and then following through as I did with the first lift for starters.

Oh man… why don’t you just ask someone at the gym to film you? Tell them where to stand and say you’re checking your form. I’ve done this plenty of times, no one has ever minded.

As for the grip, how are you gripping the bar? hook grip? Mixed grip? If you’re not doing either, consider mixed grip. If you doing mixed, consider hook. Both can postpone the need for chalk.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
Oh man… why don’t you just ask someone at the gym to film you? Tell them where to stand and say you’re checking your form. I’ve done this plenty of times, no one has ever minded.

As for the grip, how are you gripping the bar? hook grip? Mixed grip? If you’re not doing either, consider mixed grip. If you doing mixed, consider hook. Both can postpone the need for chalk.[/quote]

Yea I know. I finally figured out how to record properly at the power rack. Was too tired by the time I figured it out to record anything useful. I was using a mixed but between my sweaty hands and the band It was slipping.

Pretty hard to see, but seems like hips are popping early in the lift, however you mentioned that your first lift was out of position.

When you get better camera angles, that’ll make it easier. Even a video from directly in front would be alright.

[quote]sexyxe wrote:
Pretty hard to see, but seems like hips are popping early in the lift, however you mentioned that your first lift was out of position.

When you get better camera angles, that’ll make it easier. Even a video from directly in front would be alright.[/quote]

I actually pull with pretty high hips. I’m not sure if that’s what you’re talking about. Yea When I yanked the weight My hips might of gone up too high and my back as well.