T Nation

DL Assistant Lifts

Ok I dont wana here anything about the form This is from awhile ago and I know its terrible

Explore Josh Kubeck

That was pretty well heinous, but it’s still a hell of a lot better than I can do.

Love the celebration.

[quote]jakjak824 wrote:
Ok I dont wana here anything about the form This is from awhile ago and I know its terrible

http://s864.photobucket.com/albums/ab201/jakjak824/?action=view&current=081.flv[/quote]
[/quote]
Wow. I didn’t know it was possible to spot/assist a deadlift. :slight_smile:

[quote]jakjak824 wrote:
I can hitch up 775 pulled 800 just over my knee two weeks ago with stricked form right at 750
[/quote]

Am I misreading? Did you actually pull 750 with good form, or you think you could based off of the 800 miss?

Anyway, you’re definitely strong. How tall are you?

What the fuck is this shit?

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
What the fuck is this shit?[/quote]

LOL. This is what I want to know, as well.
Sure, you’re stronger than I am… however, who in the fuck needs a spot for a DL? Let alone help them during the lift.

The only spot I can think of for a DL is someone behind them, making sure they don’t black out during a lift and eat shit on concrete. Anything else is “I can’t lift this much and I need help.”

Like I said, you’re stronger than I am, but do you really claim a 750 DL?

Ok I am not really sure why my buddy was in front of me initialy he was cracking my amonia tab and he decided to kinda stand in front of me after that.

I have pulled 750 clean (current PR) I just dont have it on film, because I dont have a camera like I said befor this video was really old over a year and it was taken with my buddies blackberry, everyone just wanted me to post something so I did.

And I am just under 6ft 4in

[quote]jakjak824 wrote:
Ok I am not really sure why my buddy was in front of me initialy he was cracking my amonia tab and he decided to kinda stand in front of me after that.

[/quote]
So, I am new to PL, but I do believe that “standing in front of me” and grabbing the bar and pulling are two different things. Because I’m new, that’s all I’ll say.

Looks like we have a new Diesel Weasel.

[quote]sluicy wrote:
jakjak824 wrote:
Ok I am not really sure why my buddy was in front of me initialy he was cracking my amonia tab and he decided to kinda stand in front of me after that.

So, I am new to PL, but I do believe that “standing in front of me” and grabbing the bar and pulling are two different things. Because I’m new, that’s all I’ll say. [/quote]

hahahahahaha

You know what if every one is just going to be an aswhole, fuck everyone and fuck this forum bullshit! Everyone has always tod me to look out for this shit and I hought that maybe going on a actual PL forum would be diffrent But FUCK THIS.

I dont need people critizizing a video I put up that I said was old as shit and that my form was bad in so again FUCKOFF. I guess the only way I can get any one to fucking belive me is if you are in the menomonie WI area Drop Me a message and we can go lift and you can actually see, Untill then FUCK OFF and Fuck This Forum!

Okay then. What’s your best deadlift in a meet? I mean, you’re in a suit, so I assume you powerlift.

Yes that was truly God awful form.

But he did say that it was a hitched DL, that the video was over a year old, and that his form was terrible. And someone spotted him. Basically he did everything wrong…And yet he still posted a video, because someone demanded proof.

I’m not sure I can break 725 off the floor. Can anyone else?

[quote]Modi wrote:

I’m not sure I can break 725 off the floor. Can anyone else?[/quote]

I can’t, but I’m sure my training partner and I could do it if we worked together.

[quote]Modi wrote:
Yes that was truly God awful form.

But he did say that it was a hitched DL, that the video was over a year old, and that his form was terrible. And someone spotted him. Basically he did everything wrong…And yet he still posted a video, because someone demanded proof.

I’m not sure I can break 725 off the floor. Can anyone else?[/quote]

I sure as shit cant. But come on, that video almost gave me a seizure.

I’ll gladly eat my words if he somehow finds a way to get video of his clean 750 DL, or can post official results in a meet of a 700+ lbs DL.

One of my favourite announcers used to say,

“It’s not pretty, but it gets the job done.”

P.S. Don’t be so sensitive.

I am a beginner (I can pull around 400# 1rm) so I am UTTERLY unqualified to be giving advice.

But from that video… I would ramp it back down to 400# or so and concentrate on repping with good form until it is greased.

My body hurt just watching…

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
Modi wrote:

I’m not sure I can break 725 off the floor. Can anyone else?

I can’t, but I’m sure my training partner and I could do it if we worked together.[/quote]

rofl

[quote]BrockStone wrote:
I am a beginner (I can pull around 400# 1rm) so I am UTTERLY unqualified to be giving advice.

But from that video… I would ramp it back down to 400# or so and concentrate on repping with good form until it is greased.

My body hurt just watching…
[/quote]

Given that video, I’d not be surprised if he could pull 600-650 clean. 400/650 = 61%. That’s warmup %'s.

Maybe the #'s are a bit exaggerated (“close to 1000 lb rack pulls” became “close to 800 lb rack pulls”), but whatever. Lots of misplaced hate, here.

[quote]Modi wrote:
Yes that was truly God awful form.

But he did say that it was a hitched DL, that the video was over a year old, and that his form was terrible. And someone spotted him. Basically he did everything wrong…And yet he still posted a video, because someone demanded proof.

I’m not sure I can break 725 off the floor. Can anyone else?[/quote]

x2. Form was nasty beyond all belief, but congrats still on your awesome pulling strength. You may have better luck with posting your questions to the FAQ on EliteFTS - they would be more qualified to answer your questions, I think.

[quote]Modi wrote:
Yes that was truly God awful form.

But he did say that it was a hitched DL, that the video was over a year old, and that his form was terrible. And someone spotted him. Basically he did everything wrong…And yet he still posted a video, because someone demanded proof.

I’m not sure I can break 725 off the floor. Can anyone else?[/quote]

I’d agree with this. Basically I was prepared for a DW classic…I just wasn’t prepared for a spotter…? that surprised the shit out of me, and you should tell him to fuck off after he cracks your ammonia tab and let you succeed or fail on your own merit. But you did forewarn everyone, so I can’t really complain.

I do really want to see an actual clean lift at 700 or so. Don’t even try and tie your personal best, just pull something over 90% of it.