DL and Squat Form Advice

Hey everyone. I’ve been reading the site for a while but don’t post. I just started doing squats 6m ago and deadlifts 1m ago. I’d appreciate any advice on form. As the weights increase I’d like to get my form down to hopefully not injure myself.

Thanks for the feedback.

Squats- Work on ankle flexibility. Establish and maintain a tighter upper back. Cue squeeze your shoulder blades together and big chest up.

DL- Hard for me to tell, but either try pulling with your feet and hands closer together-- or try pulling sumo. Maybe someone will have some better input on your deads. Not sure if it is your set up or your limb lengths, but to me it appears you are not taking advantage of any leverages you might have. Also, those plates look like they have edges on them-- makes it really shitty for deadlifting. You preferably want weights that are completely round that you can roll.

[quote]Evolv wrote:
Squats- Work on ankle flexibility. Establish and maintain a tighter upper back. Cue squeeze your shoulder blades together and big chest up.

DL- Hard for me to tell, but either try pulling with your feet and hands closer together-- or try pulling sumo. Maybe someone will have some better input on your deads. Not sure if it is your set up or your limb lengths, but to me it appears you are not taking advantage of any leverages you might have. Also, those plates look like they have edges on them-- makes it really shitty for deadlifting. You preferably want weights that are completely round that you can roll. [/quote]

His ankles look quite flexible to me. What you mean to say is sit back just a tad .

And what the flying fuck are you talking about, his DL is fine.
Neutral spine, feet grounded, stable scapulae, locking hips/glutes.

They both look great OP.

And yes, please appease the guy above by paying the $200 cancellation fee at your 24 hour fitness so you can waste your free time by driving around your town and find another gym that is inconvenient for you to attend, but has round plates, rather than the harmful plates that you are currently using.

[quote]Jarvan wrote:

[quote]Evolv wrote:

DL- Hard for me to tell, but either try pulling with your feet and hands closer together-- or try pulling sumo. Maybe someone will have some better input on your deads. Not sure if it is your set up or your limb lengths, but to me it appears you are not taking advantage of any leverages you might have. Also, those plates look like they have edges on them-- makes it really shitty for deadlifting. You preferably want weights that are completely round that you can roll. [/quote]

His ankles look quite flexible to me. What you mean to say is sit back just a tad .

They both look great OP.

And yes, please appease the guy above by paying the $200 cancellation fee at your 24 hour fitness so you can waste your free time by driving around your town and find another gym that is inconvenient for you to attend, but has round plates, rather than the harmful plates that you are currently using.
[/quote]

Its nice when you are not around, drunk again?

[quote]Jarvan wrote:

They both look great OP.

[/quote]
Holy fuck balls Jarvan, relax. I meant to say exactly everything I said.

[quote]Evolv wrote:

[quote]Jarvan wrote:

They both look great OP.

[/quote]
Holy fuck balls Jarvan, relax. I meant to say exactly everything I said. [/quote]

…ok

[quote]Rednose wrote:

[quote]Jarvan wrote:

[quote]Evolv wrote:

They both look great OP.

[/quote]

Its nice when you are not around, drunk again?
[/quote]

sure

I think Jarvan is hilarious. No fucking filter and keeps it consistent with all. That makes it hard to feel insulted.