DJ: Tuesday PT

[quote]Danny John wrote:
In my free book on my website, I go into great detail about it, don’t I?

Yes you do. I’ve read it. As well as the Get Up issue about it.

I would look right now, but then I would have to work too hard.

I didn’t mean to offend; it was just curiousity.

Go to http://danjohn.org and hit the free book section. It has NOTHING to do with the straight leg dl…no matter what some people say.

I was actually referring to a regular deadlift-not a straight leg.

They ain’t the same. Of course, one has to do it to know that.

I’m working on that. Articles and pictures don’t always answer specific questions though.

I’m not sure if you’ve written about the other things so I’ll do some re-reading and see. Thanks for your time.

No offense, I’m just lazy that’s all. I have had a fairly long month.

[quote]rodger1 wrote:
Danny John wrote:
In my free book on my website, I go into great detail about it, don’t I?

Yes you do. I’ve read it. As well as the Get Up issue about it.

I would look right now, but then I would have to work too hard.

I didn’t mean to offend; it was just curiousity.

Go to http://danjohn.org and hit the free book section. It has NOTHING to do with the straight leg dl…no matter what some people say.

I was actually referring to a regular deadlift-not a straight leg.

They ain’t the same. Of course, one has to do it to know that.

I’m working on that. Articles and pictures don’t always answer specific questions though.

I’m not sure if you’ve written about the other things so I’ll do some re-reading and see. Thanks for your time.

[/quote]

My post looks like it was written by a functional illiterate. Sometimes my fingers type before my brain catches up.

The late J.V. Askem had a picture of Nicu Vlad doing RDLs off of a box - he was freaky flexible.

I’ll give Harvey Newton credit for having the best explanation of why they call it the “Romanian” deadlift - at least I think it was Harvey. If I recall, he said the Russians and Romanians both did these, and when the American lifters asked the Russians what these were called, the name translated to something like “bend overs.” Well, having lifters say they were going to the gym to do “bend overs” would not have caught on so they chose Romanian DLs. Hmm, maybe this story is why they call good mornings “good mornings.” I forget. This is what happens when I try to add a Dan John-esque story into my posts.

I’ve found that doing good mornings once in a while instead of RDLs adds some nice variety.

Actually, I heard is was called RDLs because Nico…a Romanian…did them. But, who cares? Works. Do it.

[quote]MikeTheBear wrote:
My post looks like it was written by a functional illiterate. Sometimes my fingers type before my brain catches up.

The late J.V. Askem had a picture of Nicu Vlad doing RDLs off of a box - he was freaky flexible.

I’ll give Harvey Newton credit for having the best explanation of why they call it the “Romanian” deadlift - at least I think it was Harvey. If I recall, he said the Russians and Romanians both did these, and when the American lifters asked the Russians what these were called, the name translated to something like “bend overs.” Well, having lifters say they were going to the gym to do “bend overs” would not have caught on so they chose Romanian DLs. Hmm, maybe this story is why they call good mornings “good mornings.” I forget. This is what happens when I try to add a Dan John-esque story into my posts.

I’ve found that doing good mornings once in a while instead of RDLs adds some nice variety.[/quote]

Sorry I inhibited you at the Boot Camp that was in Vegas last year. It is not easy being a good influence.

Remember: you sleep soundly.

Good talking with you today…

[quote]Gary John wrote:
Sorry I inhibited you at the Boot Camp that was in Vegas last year. It is not easy being a good influence.[/quote]

What is JDCHS?

[quote]IHateGymMorons wrote:
What is JDCHS?[/quote]

you guys are dense:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=JDCHS&btnG=Google+Search

http://www.jdchs.org/results.html?linkid=297

Bastard

Never hurts to ask …

Dan - anything we can do for you?

DJ

I have been reading your site over the last week, what can i say; fantastic well written, entertaining, inspiring.

Dan,

Thanks. The mini-clinic in AZ and these notes have already helped tremedously with my power clean. You da man.

Derek