DJ Names?

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
did someone say Dee Jay Tanner?

[/quote]

I would appreciate if you barbarians kept the sexual jokes about my daughter to yourselves.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
You play around in a computer program. You aren’t a DJ.

When you’ve sunk thousands of dollars and thousands of hours into learning to mix and scratch, THEN you can start worrying about getting a “sick DJ name.”

This is equivalent to the guy who joins a Karate class asking people what they think his “badass UFC nick name” should be.[/quote]

So because I’m new to mixing and only do it for fun I don’t deserve a DJ name? What an epiphany. Haha all I asked was for a name to call myself FOR FUN. By the way, I’m more musically talented (not just mixing, but guitar for 11 years, drumming for 4, and playing piano since I could walk) than 99% of the population, likely including yourself, so when you want to try to talk down to ME as a beginner at music then show me up.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
DJ I stole 300andAbove’s avatar[/quote]

More like DJ I’ve Had This Avatar Since a Little After I Joined This Site.

[quote]Bryan Krahn wrote:
Do you play vinyl or MP3s? What do you spin?[/quote]

I don’t scratch yet, just mix on fl for fun. If I get really into it I was looking at 2 x Stanton STR8-150s with blue vinyls and a Pioneer mixer but that’s a pretty expensive set up and being a double major (biochemistry and engineering) and a minor in Spanish, I don’t really have the time to play with it during school.

Thanks for the advice from some of you. From the others that think I’m a fake, well you need to not make this such a big deal. All I asked for was a cool name to do something I like for fun. Having an alias name is part of what makes mixing/producing fun.

DJ insert Halo handle

Or choose a symbol, and have everyone refer to you as the artist formerly known as BlakedaMan.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Rattler wrote:
Producing stuff on FL and spinning records are two very different things. One is production, the other is actually DJing. So no, you don’t need a DJ name.

I just bought a camcorder. Does anyone have any good movie director names?

I figured Spielberg X or something like that should work but wanted options.[/quote]

LMFAO! Senor Spielberg X? OP, what are you spinning exactly? hardstyle? wildstyle? hard dance? dark rave? WAT?!

DJ Deez Nutz
DJ Slap’a’ho

DJ Epic

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Rattler wrote:
Producing stuff on FL and spinning records are two very different things. One is production, the other is actually DJing. So no, you don’t need a DJ name.

I just bought a camcorder. Does anyone have any good movie director names?

I figured Spielberg X or something like that should work but wanted options.[/quote]

Doctor X

MC Pee Pants

DJ Fail

DJ DIDDLES

[quote]dk44 wrote:
MC Pee Pants [/quote]

how about sir loin or little brittle.

YO THIS IS DJ D. BAG SPINNING THE WHEELS OF STEEL!