Dizzy, Wild Dreams, Insomnia, Feeling Crappy on TRT

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
Weird that your E2 is so low then.

I would not put much stock in that Free T calculation. I have not seen someone with TT levels that low actually have Free T levels in the upper half of the range. Doesn’t make sense to me.

Your LH/FSh esponse is unusual, indicatin you would probably be ok with more T. That is the path I would take (increased dose). Tlak to your doctor.[/quote]

I was surprised my E2 was that low especially reading all the posts about Chrysin not being that effective, but maybe it is for me at least. I also thought my LH and FSH would have decreased.

So are you saying it may be worth a shot at a higher T dose versus trying the SERM restart or is it just a crapshoot?

Your choice…since you have already started T, the restart becomes a bit more challenging as you will have to wait for the suppression to end. Really dpeends if you are comfortable committing to a lifetime of treatment, or want to take one final shot at restoring things.

I didn’t realize he ordered DHT but just got that result as well. Also updated post above.

DHT - 24 ng/dl (16-79)

[quote]cirerecrem wrote:
New bloodwork results from serum testing on 8/14/2012 (while on 15 mg test cream per day). Contains some ranges and calculations I am not familiar with.

TT - 335 ng/dl (160-726)
Testosterone Free, calculated - 92.2 pg/ml (21-135)
Testosterone, % Free - 2.8% (1.5-3.2)
T, Bioavailable, Calculated - 216 ng/dl (48-317)
T % Bioavailable - 64.5%
SHBG - 17nmol/L (9-54)
FSH - 2.6 mIU/ml (1.4-18.1)
LH - 3.8 mIU/ml (1.5-9.3)
E2 - <18pg/ml (<53)
Progesterone - 1.17 ng/ml (0.28-1.22)
Prolactin - 10.4 ng/ml (2.1-17.7)
DHEA-S 657 (80-560)
DHT - 24 ng/dl (16-79)
Pregnenolone - 45 ng/dl (<151)

Updated the results with a few more tests. (DHT, Pregnenolone). My thought is that my TT and E2 are too low, and my DHT could stand to be higher, all of which could help with my symptoms. If I continue the TRT route versus SERM restart, then if I can get my TT above 700 then perhaps that will lead to some spillover that will increase E2 and DHT?? Sound like a correct assumption and one that could help my symptoms?

I have not read all of this thread.

LH and FSH are indicating that your T cream is not doing anything. They should -->0

Please post thyroid panel results. Inability to absorb transdermal T often happens with thyroid problems.

Most will need to apply 70-100mg T per day to get high normal T levels if they are normal absorbers.

Your dose of T would typically be expected to absorb 1.5mg per day and you need around 7-10mg/day.

Your dose would not be expected to be useful even if normally absorbed.

Serum FT levels are very spiky with transdermals and result is greatly a function of lab timing. TT is the better measure of your 24 hour delivery.

[quote]KSman wrote:
I have not read all of this thread.

LH and FSH are indicating that your T cream is not doing anything. They should -->0

Please post thyroid panel results. Inability to absorb transdermal T often happens with thyroid problems.

Most will need to apply 70-100mg T per day to get high normal T levels if they are normal absorbers.

Your dose of T would typically be expected to absorb 1.5mg per day and you need around 7-10mg/day.

Your dose would not be expected to be useful even if normally absorbed.

Serum FT levels are very spiky with transdermals and result is greatly a function of lab timing. TT is the better measure of your 24 hour delivery.[/quote]

Thanks for input KSman. Was hoping you would stop by! I agree with your comments on the cream essentially doing nothing at the dose I’m on. My doc and I are evaluating if a SERM restart would help (see above) but I also recall over 10 years ago my LH and FSH being even lower so don’t know if that just points to too little for too long. If not the SERM then getting on a real dose of T in line with what you said. Most recent thyroid results are from January of this year

TSH - 1.5 (.35-5.5)
Free T4 - 1.2 (.8-1.8)
T3 - 112 (60-180)
Anti TPO 1 (0-9)

Thanks!

As a note, today I have been extremely dizzy (feeling like drunk to the point of passing out) and my legs are very weak. I also checked my testicles this morning in the shower and I swear they have shrunk to about half their size in the past week. Very drastic change in a short time. Sound like it could be from too little T cream, testes shutting down and also having very low E2 and semi-low DHT? Blood pressure is fine, glucose is fine and heart rate is normal. I am still trying to get a handle on the range of symptoms that can be attributed to these hormones.

Doctor sent me a message saying he wants to discuss using Clomid during my appointment tomorrow. Sounds like he wants to try the SERM restart. From what I read though it sounds like Clomid will confirm the secondary status but chances are slim that it will ‘fix’ me. If that is the case, then does it just make more sense to try HCG, since that is a TRT component anyway and will likely need it no matter what?

If the HCG does not work on it’s own then I can add in T again? I’m also worried about how to come off the cream when starting clomid since I don’t see any mention of that (cold turkey, overlap some, taper, etc). Thanks

Saw Doctor today and he said that Clomid probably not the way to go since we would just use it as diagnostic, but we already know my LH and FSH are low and have been for over a decade. Didn’t seem to think there was much hope in restarting something broke for so long. Anyway, doing

50 mg Test cyp 2x week
250 mg hCG 2x week
Monitor for E2 but no AI now considering my levels are tanked anyway so we want to get some going.

Picked up at CVS - Holy shit hCG is $160 and insurance won’t cover but it is a 5 month supply although I guess it doesn’t keep that long.

Some guys have had luck geting an authorization from their insurance company due to medical necessity…see if your doctor will help you out with that…

With only two HCG shots and 1 T Cyp shot, my vote is placebo effect but I already feel like some of the fog is lifting, some humor is coming back, I have woken up with nocturnal erections, and although I tired out at the gym I was able to lift more than I have in a long time. Placebo or not I hope that things keep getting better!

TRT still seems to be going well, but I think I also figured out where a big portion of my issues were coming from. XANAX. I have been taking .25-0.50 mg per day for the past 4 years. I have always taken it in the afternoon since that was when my anxiety/panic attacks would strike.

Especially in the past 2 weeks, I got to the point where I looked like a crack addict, shivering, shuffling my feet, eyes sunken, extreme vertigo and brain fog, etc that would last until an hour or so after my afternoon xanax dose. Because of the short half life I had started going through withdrawal every morning even though it was a low dose. Switched to Xanax XR to avoid the frequent peaks and lows and I am on a slow tapering plan to get me off the stuff.

Update - Labs coming soon. Still don’t feel great. Some morning wood, but not like the first couple of days. Energy is slightly better, but anxiety still seems elevated.

Not to mention the HCG is not doing anything to reverse testicular atrophy - if anything they have gotten even smaller, specially the left one. Is 250iu 2xweek a pretty standard dose for trying to get them plumped back up or should I try a little more?

the injections have certainly made a huge bump in TT (303 to 1027)! Looks like my E2 is creeping up. Now at 46 when it was tanked before the shots. This is only 4 weeks so I imagine some arimidex would be warranted - perhaps it will help with the anxiety, moodiness, etc. Do you think a reduction in either the T Cyp or HCG is warranted?

Also, I recall reading that men can achieve a healthy lipid profile with adequate T levels. My cholesterol and triglycerides have never been this low. I don’t think they were even there when I was on statins about 10+ years ago.

I don’t have a whole lot of experience with Xanax, but I think a fair amount of brain fog and fatique have been attributed to it. Everyone’s experience is unique, of course.

On a side note, you mentioned in one of your earlier posts that you had succeeded in correcting your Cortisol. How did you go about it, if I may ask? I am looking into the Cortisol issue myself. Thanks.

[quote]Cygnus X-1 wrote:
I don’t have a whole lot of experience with Xanax, but I think a fair amount of brain fog and fatique have been attributed to it. Everyone’s experience is unique, of course.

On a side note, you mentioned in one of your earlier posts that you had succeeded in correcting your Cortisol. How did you go about it, if I may ask? I am looking into the Cortisol issue myself. Thanks.[/quote]

I think I definitely narrowed the brain fog down to the xanax. As far as cortisol I am sure everyone is different but for me my doctor tried me on a couple of supplements. The first was adren-all but it made me jittery so he switched to adapten-all which he said provided adrenal support to bring up cortisol levels during the day. The next was 100mg of phosphatidylserine before bed. It is supposed to help blunt excess cortisol that I was experiencing at bedtime and was messing with my sleep.

With the elevated E2 from my last labwork I have added in 0.2mg arimidex EOD. It has been a little over a week of this and I have already noticed a big improvement in nocturnal and day erections and quality. Hope not to cruise past the sweet spot!

Finally got my bloodwork rechecked and my TT dropped from 1027 to 450 and my DHT is less than 16. Still injecting 100 mg/week. Doctor increased me to 120 (60 2x/week) to try and bump up both. Also my E2 was below detection of 19 even though only on .2mg arimidex 2x/week. Feel like something is going on…