Dizzy/Off Balance Feeling. Low Test, Hypothyroidism

Hey guys,
i’m going from doc to doc for 1 year now to find a guy who’s willing to do something about my low numbers. Now finally found one who put me on Axiron Gel for 4 weeks just to see if that pushes my numbers into range, he said long term he would use injections.
First days I could really feel positive changes in libido, morning erections, the sexual stuff overall. Besides that, my problem with feeling dizzy and off balance is still there, some days don’t some days it’s there. Whats interesting is, that this feeling starts when getting up in the morning but after I worked out ( working out in the morning ) it’s gone and I feel good. Maybe something to do with blood pressure ?
Another thing to mention that almost all blood draws since that time 2016 which are 4 show elevated TSH ( maybe dizzy because of that ? ). Only one test ( not fasted ) showed all thyroid hormones in range. My current doc said TSH is elevated but I dont got negative feedback of other thyroid hormones so he wouldn’t do anything about that in the moment.

Will post all blood numbers since then below as a new comment . THX

Numbers March 2016 :slight_smile:

TSH 4.750 ( 0.51-4.3 )
LH -1.71 ( 0.38-9.5 )
FSH 4.37 ( 2.02-8.08 )
Prolactine 237 (90-370 )
E2 12 ( 7-35 )
Free Test -23.99 ( 34.8-139.2 )

Numbers August 2016 :

Glucose 3.8 (3.5-5.5 )
TSH 2.59 ( 0.2-2.5 )
LH 3.11 ( 1.5-5.0 )
FSH 6.7 ( 1.9-15.4 )
Prolactine 10.1 ( 2.1-17.7 )
Cortisol 148 ( 50-250 )
Test 2.41 ( 2.41-8.27 )
Free Androgen Index 28 ( 14.8-94.8 )
SHGB 29.9 ( 13-55 )
HGH 1.33 ( < 3 )

Numbers non fasted test :

FT3 3 ( 1.9-5.1 )
Ft4 13.0 ( 9-17 )
TSH 3.35 ( 0.27-4.20 )
FSH 4.5 ( 1.5-12.4 )
LH 3.4 ( 1.7-8.6 )
Prolactine 14.4 ( 4.0-15.2 )
Test 3.19 ( 2.80-8.80 ) too low for my age IMO
DHEA-S 3799 ( 702-4920 )

Latest Test I dont got the exact numbers yet but Doc said LH/FSH were fine but Test was 350 ( 450-1100 ) and free test was also too low . SHGB in the 29 range.

Stop testing prolactin over and over again, you have established that you do not have a prolactin problem.

Skip Axiron. Absorption is 10% at best and with thyroid problems can be very low. Transdermals are most expensive because of low absorption, and highest E2 potential and E2 can erode all of your gains.

You need to self-inject T 50mg subq twice a week. #29 1/2" 0.5ml insulin syringes, 1/4ml of 200mg/ml T cypionate or enanthate aka ethanate.

You will need 250iu hCG subq OED/E2D to preserve testes and fertility.

Most docs are idiots when it comes to male hormone care. Your biggest problem will be the doctors.

Probably need 0.5mg anastrozole at time of injections to manage E2 near E22=22pg/ml. Have you ever had gyno?

With thyroid problems, there are skin changes and your T absorption can be very low, but E2 may increase and you can easily feel worse.

Do IR.
Get high potency B-complex multi-vits with trace elements and iodine 150-170mcg AND 150-200 mcg selenium.

On IR and for a while after, TSH will be pushed up - as expected and OK.

Never test hGH! Is released in pulses with very short half-life. hGH=11.33 tells you nothing. Do test IGF-1 which is a better measure of GH than GH itself.

CBC
hematocrit
PSA if >40
AST/ALT
cholesterol
glucose
AM cortisol
IGF-1

TSH should be close to 1.0
fT3 and fT4 should be midrange or a bit higher.
Thyroid lab ranges are useless and that misleads doctors.
Eval your thyroid function via last paragraph in this post.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

So IR with 750mg of iodine ? Which supplement you can recommend to reach this level of iodine ?

I also would like to take injections straight but he wanted to see if the shit gel will work. :confused:

Glucose : 3.8 ( 3.5-5.5 )
Cortisol : 148 ( 50-250 )
Hematocrit : 42.9 ( 41-53 )
E2 : 12 ( 7-35 )
ASAT : 0.47 ( 0.17-0.83 )
ALAT : 0.35 ( 0.17-0.83 )
Leukozyte : 2.91 ( 3.7-9.9 )
Erythrocyte : 5.27 ( 4.5-5.9 )
Thrombocyte : 145 ( 140-392 )

Cholesterol, IGF-1 were not tested.

EDIT: yeah had puberty Gyno, which got removed this january.

Where are you?

Who is paying for this [shit] T gel?

E2 was low, can get higher.

We can get Iodoral 12.5 mg, 12500mcg tablets. Many take 50mg/day for 14 days. But some will get loose bowels from that and lower dose then should be used. Iodine interferes with gut bacteria.

Best thing is to read those stickies. Please so not miss any of my points, go back to my post a few times as you get on the learning curve.

From Germany. Insurance covers it just have to pay 6€ myself per can which lasts about a month at this 60mg dosage.

Can get Iodoral too. So there’s nothing wrong with going that high and doing IR even with already elevated TSH ?

6 Euros for something that is ineffective is still a waste of Euros (yours and your insurance’s) and time.

Yeah doc wanted to try it, he said long term injections will be the way to go, and I was happy that finally a doc just started to do something

Not with ample selenium. TSH is elevated because of iodine deficiency? What else could you do to fix that? Many have used that iodine dose, including me.

With gyno history, you need to watch E2!

That was my thought that it could be because of a iodine deficiency, because I never used iodine supps or salt. What for improvements did you feel during/after IR ? Did your TSH was elevated ?

E2 was low like the blood work showed, and gyno was during puberty so when hormones can be messed up. But I’ll watch.

@KSman

UPDATE : Measured my body temperature oral, after waking up and just 5 mins ago at 3 pm ( mid afternoon like you recommend ) .

morning : 35,8 degrees celcius ( 96,44 F )
mid afternoon : 36,5 degrees celsius ( 97,7 F ) .

Should I measure them more days to get a idea if they stay that low ?

More temperature data is better.

Doing IR myself right now, and if I could go back and talk to myself last week I would have said start at half dose the first 2 days…

The results can be dramatic. But if T is low, that puts a lid on things. Both low thyroid function and low-T have similar effects. So that also means compounded effects.

Ordered some Lugols Solution. Will start IR Monday. How many weeks will TSH be elevated after ?

Think my thyroid is a problem too ( low blood pressure, dizzy feeling etc ).

Your blood is a bit thin from low-T, TRT will improve hematocrit.

Are you getting enough protein?

Do you take any B-vitamins?

Suggest high potency B-complex multi-vit with trace elements and 150mcg iodine and 150-200mcg selenium

First couple days on Axiron I felt nothing from dizziness etc, felt great. But 1 week now and feel like before, dizziness etc. So you don’t think Thyroid makes me feel dizzy ?

Yeah I’m Bodybuilding so diet is on point. Vitamin B also plenty, no high potency supplement, but plenty from diet and a normal A-Z.

Will body temperature go up while IR ?

And should I still use iodized salt when doing IR ? @KSman