Dive Bomber vs. Other Push-Ups

how effective is the dive bomber as opposed to other types of pushups?
what are the muscles that the dive bomber work?thanks

It puts a lot more pressure on your shoulders for not much more benefit. Flaring your elbows in general puts a lot of strain on the rotator cuff. This exercise has you creating more force with a peaked body that your shoulders have to support in an awkward position. I’d stay away from them.

Gonna edit for a bit of clarification on “for not much more benefit.” While it does work more muscles in your body than the traditional pushup, those muscles would be much better put to work by exercises specifically designed for them.

The dive bomber works a lot of muscles in your body, so I wouldn’t even compare it to at least regular pushups.

To me it just looks ridiculous, I’ll stick with lifting weights, and doing regular pushups.

i have to agree with you. they do look ridiculous. hehe, my friend calls them whore pushups. yeah i will abandon them

[quote]steinnes wrote:
The dive bomber works a lot of muscles in your body, so I wouldn’t even compare it to at least regular pushups.

To me it just looks ridiculous, I’ll stick with lifting weights, and doing regular pushups.[/quote]

I agree. It looks like someone was really trying hard to think of a new exercise that they could call their own.

If you want to mess with push-up variations, try an isometric hold.

If you need a picture and specific directions:
http://www.elitefts.com/documents/overhead_athlete.htm

I integrated these and like them a lot. It is worth a try.

[quote]Kreal7 wrote:
steinnes wrote:

To me it just looks ridiculous, I’ll stick with lifting weights, and doing regular pushups.

I agree. It looks like someone was really trying hard to think of a new exercise that they could call their own.

If you want to mess with push-up variations, try an isometric hold.

If you need a picture and specific directions:
http://www.elitefts.com/documents/overhead_athlete.htm

I integrated these and like them a lot. It is worth a try.[/quote]

thanks.it seems very efficient and i will do this in my next workout.