Distal Clavicle Osteolysis - Resection

Question for you. When you went to hard and felt pain in your shoulder was it in the joint or where the incisions were?

[quote]T11 wrote:
Question for you. When you went to hard and felt pain in your shoulder was it in the joint or where the incisions were? [/quote]

Sorry its been so long, I’m having a new issue now…

When I go too hard I feel pain at the tip of the clavicle, but now I’ve been feeling pain in the biceps tendon. Mostly only hurts when bench pressing, but now that the transverse humeral tendon is torn, my biceps tendon (long head) slips out when I externally rotate. Just something to think about also, if your bench continues to hurt, you might have biceps tendonitis.

Here’s my new thread

I went through and had my surgery on the 14.2. Today’s the 24. and i am at 90% ROM without pain and at 100% with some pain and discomfort. My operation involved resection of my distal clavicle and bursektomie. I am fairly certain that i can start light benching and overhead pressing in about a week, though i will still hold off for 2 more weeks just for cautions sake.

I didnt have to take any painmeds from day 3 on after my operation.
I would really like to know why theres such an discrepency in recovery =/. Any ideas?

Hey Armored22, I hoping you still get this. I saw in one of you posts that you had a resection of your left shoulder, but also at one time had a type 2 separation and the ligaments stretched over the clavicle that sticks up. I too had the same surgery on June 25, 2018 with the same type 2 separation issues. My question to you does that stretching pain over the clavicle ever get better now that you are several years out from your surgery? Because at 5 weeks out it doesn’t seem to be getting better at all.

I dont have any Shoulder pain whatsoever for years now. The first Year I had trouble on and off, but its all gone now. Im benching 120kg for reps atm so cant really complaint. all the best

Hey Armored22, I hoping you still get this. I saw in one of you posts that you had a resection of your left shoulder, but also at one time had a type 2 separation and the ligaments stretched over the clavicle that sticks up. I too had the same surgery on June 25, 2018 with the same type 2 separation issues. My question to you does that stretching pain over the clavicle ever get better now that you are several years out from your surgery? Because at 5 weeks out it doesn’t seem to be getting better at all.

Thanks joanhuman for the reply. I’m hoping mine sorts itself out over time.