Dislocated Foot

Hey guys i dislocated my hind foot near my ankle on the 8th. Went to the ER and had it relocated. good news is no break or fracture. im in a cast right now just layin around elevating my foot. i wanted to know if anyones expericned this? how long til i just walk? not run or move it real well, but just walk? thanks for the help in advance

Can’t help you with any idea of recovery time mate but damn! I bet that stung!

worst pain i have ever felt man

[quote]kobe4life08 wrote:
Hey guys i dislocated my hind foot near my ankle on the 8th. Went to the ER and had it relocated. good news is no break or fracture. im in a cast right now just layin around elevating my foot. i wanted to know if anyones expericned this? how long til i just walk? not run or move it real well, but just walk? thanks for the help in advance[/quote]

Hind foot???

I dislocated a foot years ago. Found it behind the couch the next day though, so no biggie. Why does everything always end up behind the couch?

Sorry for the humor when you must be in pain but I couldn’t resist. I’ve never even heard of a dislocation at the ankle before so the only thing I cay say is ask your doctor. I suspect the standard: Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation things would apply. Maybe take some extra fish oil and joint supps to reduce inflammation and provide the raw materials your body needs to heal.

Tough break man. (sorry again) Hope you get back on your feet soon!

[quote]Kruiser wrote:
Tough break man. (sorry again) Hope you get back on your feet soon!

[/quote]

All four of them, dawg. I had to laugh. Thought the same thing myself, “Hind foot?”.

I feel for ya, I was at the gym (going on 3 weeks ago now I guess) when some little idiot threw his dumbells after he was done his set and got me in the toes…breaking the two biggest ones and tearing the toe nail off…sooo I’ve been hobbling around for awhile now, and was told I can forget about putting any weight on them for at least another month as theres nothing anyone can really do about broken toes

ya they said do rice…thing is i ahve a cast on how am i going to ice it? whats the point of icing over the cast

[quote]kobe4life08 wrote:
Hey guys i dislocated my hind foot near my ankle on the 8th. Went to the ER and had it relocated. good news is no break or fracture. im in a cast right now just layin around elevating my foot. i wanted to know if anyones expericned this? how long til i just walk? not run or move it real well, but just walk? thanks for the help in advance[/quote]

Well mate, I haven’t dislocated my foot but I have dislocated my knee (twice).

My simple advice - do your physio therapy and don’t ever stop. Otherwise, you’ll be heading for a repeat…