Dishonesty In the Iron Game

No, I’m not talking about being hush hush on PEDs, or claims of creatine adding 10 lbs of muscle in a week, but lately I’ve noticed a serious lack of transparency if not downright dishonesty around the world of BBing/PLung/etc. Now while I do realize it’s all about a business for some people, stealing pics, exaggerating roles played in successes and all sorts of stuff that leaves you scratching your head just makes me wonder what some people are thinking.

1- the industry is pretty small. Crap like this gets around damn quick (look at how long it was before people realized that Jacko Braun word for word plagerized JM’s program!)

2- social media gives everyone a voice, especially those who have been wronged.

S

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
S[/quote]

This happened to another woman who posts in the IIFYM group on FB.

Nothing is ever going to compete with the infomercials where some juiced up guy is on a cheap elliptical trainer type thing telling you how he would never have gotten in the shape hes in without this thing burning fat and building muscle.

When I was first starting out as a personal trainer and was doing research about how to find more clients online. I guy named Bedros something, markets himself as a personal trainer marketing expert, specifically mentions in nearly every piece of marketing tool he gives you to steal before and after photos. Atleast until you get your own, which can take a very long time. There are several things wrong with the personal training industry but stealing before and after photos probably irritates right up there with clients asking why they havent lost 10lbs this week because thats what orange theory or some new trend promises.

[quote]zapata1 wrote:
When I was first starting out as a personal trainer and was doing research about how to find more clients online. I guy named Bedros something, markets himself as a personal trainer marketing expert, specifically mentions in nearly every piece of marketing tool he gives you to steal before and after photos. Atleast until you get your own, which can take a very long time. There are several things wrong with the personal training industry but stealing before and after photos probably irritates right up there with clients asking why they havent lost 10lbs this week because thats what orange theory or some new trend promises. [/quote]

Do you think people who make mid-six to seven figure salaries in fitness play by rules, honesty, meticulous individualization, and credible information? :slight_smile:

A lot of that material did get quite of bit of clients to me actually. But they were not good clients long term clients, most just looking for a quick fix, gimmick diet. Thankfully I do not have to do that anymore and just consult for a couple of gyms here in Phoenix.

There is a guy at my gym who STILL says Ronnie Coleman used fake plates.

-How did Clay Edgin get famous?

[quote]FlatsFarmer wrote:
There is a guy at my gym who STILL says Ronnie Coleman used fake plates.

-How did Clay Edgin get famous?[/quote]

Clay is getting really big into the MAS wrestling scene at the moment. He’s also putting on some strongman shows now. It’s how I ended up meeting him.

is it really any more dishonest than any other industry? I used Lynx deodorant all through my teens and got a pitifully small amount of ass…

[quote]Yogi wrote:
is it really any more dishonest than any other industry? I used Lynx deodorant all through my teens and got a pitifully small amount of ass…[/quote]
Wasn’t that AXE? lol

[quote]Yogi wrote:
is it really any more dishonest than any other industry? I used Lynx deodorant all through my teens and got a pitifully small amount of ass…[/quote]

Some things are beyond help :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]flch95 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
Wasn’t that AXE? lol[/quote]

it’s called Lynx here in the UK

[quote]tsantos wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

Some things are beyond help :P[/quote]

haha! Fair point

[quote]zapata1 wrote:
When I was first starting out as a personal trainer and was doing research about how to find more clients online. I guy named Bedros something, markets himself as a personal trainer marketing expert, specifically mentions in nearly every piece of marketing tool he gives you to steal before and after photos. Atleast until you get your own, which can take a very long time. There are several things wrong with the personal training industry but stealing before and after photos probably irritates right up there with clients asking why they havent lost 10lbs this week because thats what orange theory or some new trend promises. [/quote]

That Bedros Keulian (spelling?) guy. He’s in that fitness six-to-seven figure mastermind clan.