T Nation

Disgusting Fatbody Newbie

Yes, I’m talking about myself. I’ve been a member of this site for quite some time, but I haven’t put it to good use yet. I’m hoping that just posting something will give me the extra push I need to do something about it. I’m not going to post my lifts just yet, they are pathetic, and I’m honestly trying to work on good form as a foundation before trying to get huge lifts to stroke my ego. I am 6’0", and 260 lbs of flab.

I had a high of 275 last year, and got motivated last summer with some lifting and mostly cardio (have a lot of weight to lose) and got down to 230 and was happy with my progress. Then winter came and it was hard to get outside in the cold (with a 12 month old). I know I could have just kept on using my elliptical throughout the winter but I just got lazy.

Now I’m to the pissed off at myself point again, and want to change some shit for good. I’ve been trying to get out and lift when I can for the last couple of weeks, and I’m happy I have. Not gonna post and pics just yet, although that might motivate me even more. Gonna lay off the booze (totally) eat better, and workout more. Hope to get below 200, but haven’t set a realistic date yet for that goal. Once I build up enough balls, I’ll post a training log with what I’m able to do. Maybe in a couple of days.

Good luck!
(I’ve noticed a lot of Michigan people here)

Thanks, I need all the help I can get. Haven’t paid much attention to where people are located.

“Every great journey begins with one anonymous, vague, indecisive internet message board post”

-Ancient Chinese proverb

The success of a journey is arriving at ones destination not how fast some one gets there.

“Aint nuttin too it but to do it”