Disgusting Culinary Habits

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

Ground turkey breast is such a cocktease.

It smells good while you’re cooking it, then the battle starts.

I’ve done PSMFs IF style and couldn’t even bear to finish the plate half the time.

Whatever you do, don’t use sea salt on it. It tastes like assfish.[/quote]

I tried it under the same circumstances and experienced the profound appetite suppressing effect. Though clearly you weren’t using enough hot sauce.

[quote]Gumpshmee wrote:

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

Ground turkey breast is such a cocktease.

It smells good while you’re cooking it, then the battle starts.

I’ve done PSMFs IF style and couldn’t even bear to finish the plate half the time.

Whatever you do, don’t use sea salt on it. It tastes like assfish.[/quote]

I tried it under the same circumstances and experienced the profound appetite suppressing effect. Though clearly you weren’t using enough hot sauce.[/quote]

I can’t find one that tastes good with incredibly lean meats.

I’m a hot sauce junkie, mesself, but it seems that you need fat in order to ‘activate’ the hot sauce goodness.

Perhaps… I use coconut oil for the hot-sauce/fat synergistic activation of sexcellence. Careful not to over do it, the MCT’s will make you grow 3 feet and your voice will lower an octave.

[quote]Gumpshmee wrote:
Perhaps… I use coconut oil for the hot-sauce/fat synergistic activation of sexcellence. Careful not to over do it, the MCT’s will make you grow 3 feet and your voice will lower an octave.[/quote]

Not good. I heard myself on an answering machine the other day.

I had no idea my voice was THAT deep.

[quote]Gumpshmee wrote:
Perhaps… I use coconut oil for the hot-sauce/fat synergistic activation of sexcellence. Careful not to over do it, the MCT’s will make you grow 3 feet and your voice will lower an octave.[/quote]

Lol.

To be fair, VCO is pretty fucking amazing. I think it actually deserves the praise it gets, haha.

^Agreed. I put that sh*t on everything.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
In this forum I read extensive posts about preparing “yummy” bodybuilding cuisine, shakes and treats, and people are using stuff like graham cracker crusts, vanilla extract and “ovens” to combine taste with nutrition.

If that’s your thing, cool, but I am not one of those people.

I want to hear from those of you who, while perhaps enjoying a great dinner at a nice restaurant occasionally, do not give a flying crap about taste on a daily basis, and simply eat to supply the body with nutrients. I can’t be alone here.

It’s not a matter of being hardcore, at least not for me. It’s a matter of being lazy.

Some of the disgusting things I do on a daily basis:

1.) Mix canned tuna with lemon crystal-lite, put into a blender and chug.
2.) Prepare a veritable TROUGH of salad and leave uncovered in my fridge for up to 2 weeks, consuming a bit each day
3.) Purchasing an entire cooked rotisserie chicken from a deli, hacking away at it with a fork, putting it back in the fridge for a few days and hack away at it again
4.) Boiling 24 eggs at once, putting them into a fruit bowl, and consuming them gradually, leaving the broken shells in the same bowl
5.) Putting HP Bold sauce on any and all meat, poultry and fish
6.) Having a morning “power shake” of frozen kale, protein powder, berries, cocoa nibs, unflavoured fish oil, cinnamon, ground flax seed, Leucine, Creatine and Beta-Alanine

It’s absolutely astounding that I have managed to co-habitate and have sexual relations with beautiful women, considering that Cro-Magnon man had better eating and food preparation habits than I do.[/quote]

I’ve only done the 3rd one on this list… Many times!

I don’t know if it counts, but I have added unsweetened canned pumpkin to shakes before.

Lately I’ve been learning to cook a bit. I admit I’m a health nut, and I find that most restaurant food and a lot of packaged junk is just that – junk. You FEEL better when you’re consistently eating fresh foods, freshly prepared, never mind that they taste better.

Of course it makes it easier when you have things like farmers markets and butcher shops with fresh Alberta beef within walking distance. Sometimes it’s fun to browse at lunchtime and pick up a few ingredients for dinner later.

It may sound weird, but I’m discovering that cooking and eating delicious food can be a creative and almost sensual experience.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:
I absolutely avoid food that tastes very good. ABSOLUTELY. I’m not talking about dinner out ocasionally, thats all well and good. But day to day I don’t try to make my food taste very good. I mean half the time when I’m done eating I’m RELIEVED instead of looking for more.

I eat alot of cottage cheese and ground meat. Like, just plain ground turkey breast. Eat your 110g of that and you are so damn happy to be finished. To get my protein and carbs I have eaten cottage cheese on corn tortillas vomit

Whatev![/quote]

…Is this a joke? I’m with MODOK on this one…

[quote]SSC wrote:

[quote]Gumpshmee wrote:

Lol.

To be fair, VCO is pretty fucking amazing. I think it actually deserves the praise it gets, haha.[/quote]

VCO is the god of all fat sources!

I eat stuff that tastes good when Im gaining so basically whatever i want

when Im dieting i drink a lot of shakes and only 1 or 2 whole food non blended meals a day. these are usually whey and oats in water, the next time i diet i will probly mostly consums whey oats and VCO

Currently my fat source is almost exclusively vco (some olive oil and fish oil). It does the trick, also helps with the mental energy I find.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/b/8/b8a0d_ORIG-IMG_2599.jpg

-Shirataki noodles
-extra lean ground turkey (cooked in one chunk)
-louisiana hot sauce
-parm
-glob of VCO

I will eat this meal 3 times today.

It takes 5 minutes to make.

Disgustingly efficient more like.

I thought this thread was quickly going to devolve into random shouts and squabbles about hotsauce… I was almost right!

I don’t know about the health implications of eating such, but I can generally hide a whole cup of EVOO in my salmon and potato recipe, pretty much a 2200 cal meal that I can down with no worries. I just microwave the potatoes, mash em with a fork, equal part salmon, add some lemon, and fry in as much oil as I can tossing it all around like scrambled eggs… and then add hot sauce.

I just ate a 1.5lb bag of crab meat plain with a glass of water.

Ground turkey is atrocious.

[quote]forevernade wrote:
… and then add hot sauce.[/quote]

I loled.

[quote]K-Man32 wrote:
I just ate a 1.5lb bag of crab meat plain with a glass of water.
[/quote]

Where would you find such a glorious thing?.. in Michigan.

Ok, I realize that making food simply is convenient. But how the heck do you guys even eat it?

For example, I have to keep switching up the taste. I get sick of the same food after a couple of days, and it takes longer and longer to eat. I don;t like sitting at the table for an hour to eat bland food.

HOW??

BTW I am going to try downing a can of blended tuna, that sounds easy

[quote]eyegainweightbig wrote:
But how the heck do you guys even eat it?

For example, I have to keep switching up the taste. I get sick of the same food after a couple of days, and it takes longer and longer to eat. I don;t like sitting at the table for an hour to eat bland food.

HOW??

[/quote]

By not being a little bitch? :wink:

Nah I’m just busting your balls. But honestly, living on my own for what amounts to essentially the last 16 years, you learn to love pretty much any food you can get in you. I’ve been so hungry at times, I would have eaten deep fried dog shit, and smiled about it.

I’ll be the first one to take my wife to Capital Grille for a steak, but I will also eat just about anything now, as compared to when I was a kid.

Here’s a good time to ask a q, as some might find this disgusting:

Let’s say I use between 20-30 packets of Splenda per day on my food. …is this something I should be concerned about and tone down? I figure it’s only 90-100 cals, but then again it’s an artificial sweetner, which have gotten quite the bad rap as of the past ten years or so.

Thoughts?

I used to make chili every day using ground turkey, beans, and tomato sauce. Throw it over some rotini and it made up my staple diet for a long time.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

I’ll be the first one to take my wife to Capital Grille for a steak… [/quote]

So you’re that guy…

[quote]The3Commandments wrote:
Here’s a good time to ask a q, as some might find this disgusting:

Let’s say I use between 20-30 packets of Splenda per day on my food. …is this something I should be concerned about and tone down? I figure it’s only 90-100 cals, but then again it’s an artificial sweetner, which have gotten quite the bad rap as of the past ten years or so.

Thoughts?[/quote]

Bad rap? Yes. Anything that can be proven or survive scrutiny? Not so much. Is it disgusting? Purely.

But let me ask you, is 4 sugar free redbulls and a two litre of diet spritz-up downed in 4 hours disgusting? All this after taking three HOT-ROX extreme, two xenadrine ultras (I know it’s crap now, but I had to finish the bottle), and a piece of nicotine gum (The only stimulant of the bunch that I feel).

Do you know what I call that? A weekday. lol