Disgusted with Scientology

“religion” ? What? Them?
Their religion is based on what a science fiction author has thought up. Shit like undermining all governments, taking over the world, forcing everyone to obey their laws and superhumans and whatnot.
Didn’t Hitler write somewhat similar things openly in “Mein Kampf” ?
Well, ok, guess no one took him seriously either, until it all happened of course.

I sometimes wish it were still the middle ages or so… A crusade/jihad/insert name for holy war used by your religion or lack thereof against Scientology sounds like a good idea to me. Nail them to the cross or whatever floats your boat, as long as it stops their idiocy from spreading even further.

So masonator… We got an army of two already, let’s find a few hundred thousand more :wink:

[quote]Squiggles wrote:
Aragorn wrote:
bicepenvy wrote:

Most church require you to “pay” or “tithe” 10 percent.They aren’t twisting anyones arm to join right?

Technically you aren’t required to pay to be part of the religion or a member of the church. It is simply suggested that you contribute some portion towards helping others and/or as a way of self-control over your money or whatever.

I’ve been to a lot of churches and I’ve never, ever, seen on make people pay anything. In fact a lot of them don’t seem to pay much if ANY. The difference in scientology being that there are clear requirements of monetary payment for a lot of the things it purports to do.

That’s what I was thinking, I went to with grandma to her church a few weeks ago because she had a duet and they didn’t pass around plates, they just had a basket in the back for donations if someone felt so inclined.

I didn’t realize with Scientology you had to pay…now I understand that joke…[/quote] ← There is a lot more you don’t realize… Calling Scientology a religion is ridiculous. More like a corporation…

But yeah. They’re good for making fun of. One positive aspect at least.

[quote]Harizard wrote:
I don’t really care what they do but they should change the dam name… Come on, it sounds like it’s made out to be factual or something because it starts like science and ends in 'ology. Who are they kidding?[/quote]

I know. When I first heard the name I was like “cool a religion based on science”. Then I found out what it was based on…

[quote]SpartanX wrote:
Without doing some kind of factoid deluge, they are banned in France and Germany [/quote]

They are banned in France (despite protests from a certain president, god bless the French for their pride), but not in Germany… They keep trying to get a foothold here and it seems like they’re succeeding, unfortunately.

All their behind-the-back strategies are well documented in their own goddamn books. I don’t get how people still run into their arms or why they aren’t just flat out banned here.

[quote]ds1973 wrote:
masonator wrote:
bicepenvy wrote:
why dont you like it?

Because it was fabricated by L. Ron Hubbard, who was a science-fiction author/drug addict. In plain terms, it’s total bullshit based a rediculous back story involving an alien named XENU who came to our planet 75 million years ago.

To advance in Scientology, one must PAY. All members are required to pay 10 percent of their incomes to the church.

I hate Scientology because it is a SCAM marketed to people who think they are bettering themselves. L. Ron Hubbard himself said the best way to make money was to start a religion.

Is this much different than LDS (Mormons) or some Christian religions? I think 7th days require 10-15% tithing. I’m not advocating these religions, but they’re all kind of the same scam. I suppose religions are all selling people a philosophy and feeling of superiority.

People can believe whatever irrational things they want as long as they don’t violate my property rights and force their beliefs on me through the power of government.

[/quote]

I agree with your reference to Christianity. I also believe in leaving people’s religions alone, but this isn’t a real religion. It’s fraud. I don’t care if someone really believes it, but I resent the fact that the church of scientology is making copious amounts of money off someone’s beliefs.

I was just asked to take a stress test the other day, was pretty awesome.

ALL HAIL XENO!

[quote]SpartanX wrote:
So long as folks aren’t buying into some kind of philosophy that tells them to kill me or others or torture animals,… I pretty much do not care.

Why do you care?

They have/do kill people. That is not a wierd conspiracy theory assertion, it is a real fact. The Church Of Scientology, and members of it, have been put on trial countless times for wrongful death, manslaughter, and murder. Aside from all the other legal bullshit they’ve gone through, and the regular extorition and harassment their ‘church,’ perpetuates. They’ve gone so far as to try to infilitrate government and manipulate to their interests. Don’t believe me? Without doing some kind of factoid deluge, they are banned in France and Germany for these very reasons for starters. They are the epitome of evil corporations in America.[/quote]

Yup, sounds like religion.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
SpartanX wrote:
Without doing some kind of factoid deluge, they are banned in France and Germany

They are banned in France (despite protests from a certain president, god bless the French for their pride), but not in Germany… They keep trying to get a foothold here and it seems like they’re succeeding, unfortunately.

All their behind-the-back strategies are well documented in their own goddamn books. I don’t get how people still run into their arms or why they aren’t just flat out banned here.

[/quote]

Because banning religions is bad mmmm´kay?

[quote]IB.Curlin wrote:

ALL HAIL XENO![/quote]

Quoted for hardcore failure.

Regarding comparing Scientology to Middle Eastern and Western religions, it is exceedingly similar. The difference is Scientology started during a time when all of their “tenants” can be completely disproved and their murderous actions less easily hidden or justified to the masses. To believe what Christianity taught in the middle ages was ignorance; to believe Scientology now is pure, unadulterated stupidity.

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:
Just as lame as all the other religions if you ask me.[/quote]

Thank you. My thoughts exactly.

All hail Lord Xenu!!

[quote]Skinless wrote:
strungoutboy21 wrote:
Just as lame as all the other religions if you ask me.

Thank you. My thoughts exactly.[/quote]

I mean its exactely the same! Even the parts about Xenu bringing all the aliens to earth, then killing them and being required to pay to reach higher levels of clarity. The founders of the big 3 religions were also certainly drug-addicted, money laundering, 20th century science fiction writers! Wait, what?

[quote]masonator wrote:
Skinless wrote:
strungoutboy21 wrote:

I mean its exactely the same! Even the parts about Xenu bringing all the aliens to earth, then killing them and being required to pay to reach higher levels of clarity. The founders of the big 3 religions were also certainly drug-addicted, money laundering, 20th century science fiction writers! Wait, what?[/quote]

In the words of another science fiction writer, Robert Heinlein, “One man’s theology is another man’s belly laugh”.

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
masonator wrote:
Skinless wrote:
strungoutboy21 wrote:

I mean its exactely the same! Even the parts about Xenu bringing all the aliens to earth, then killing them and being required to pay to reach higher levels of clarity. The founders of the big 3 religions were also certainly drug-addicted, money laundering, 20th century science fiction writers! Wait, what?

In the words of another science fiction writer, Robert Heinlein, “One man’s theology is another man’s belly laugh”.

[/quote]

True. I’m not against it because of its strange teachings. I’m against it because it is basically a business marketed as a religion.

[quote]masonator wrote:
I mean its exactely the same! Even the parts about Xenu bringing all the aliens to earth, then killing them and being required to pay to reach higher levels of clarity. The founders of the big 3 religions were also certainly drug-addicted, money laundering, 20th century science fiction writers! Wait, what?[/quote]

Do you really want to open the can of worms that is the sordid history of Christianity? Though I do have to say I’m not as familiar with the histories of Zoroastrianism or the Tao of the Dude.

Cults suck cocks in hell, and so do the fucktards that join them. All cults, not just this one. But definitely this one.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
“religion” ? What? Them?
Their religion is based on what a science fiction author has thought up. Shit like undermining all governments, taking over the world, forcing everyone to obey their laws and superhumans and whatnot.
Didn’t Hitler write somewhat similar things openly in “Mein Kampf” ?
Well, ok, guess no one took him seriously either, until it all happened of course.

I sometimes wish it were still the middle ages or so… A crusade/jihad/insert name for holy war used by your religion or lack thereof against Scientology sounds like a good idea to me. Nail them to the cross or whatever floats your boat, as long as it stops their idiocy from spreading even further.

So masonator… We got an army of two already, let’s find a few hundred thousand more :wink:

[/quote]

Join up with the almighty Anonymous found on 4chan, they’re doing it already and there’s thousands of those fuckers. Thousands.

God hates Scientology, it’s proven. Look what he did to Travolta’s kid.

[quote]polo77j wrote:
SpartanX wrote:
So long as folks aren’t buying into some kind of philosophy that tells them to kill me or others or torture animals,… I pretty much do not care.

Why do you care?

They have/do kill people. Jews, Christians, Muslims That is not a wierd conspiracy theory assertion, it is a real fact. The Church Of Scientology, and members of it, have been put on trial countless times for wrongful death, manslaughter, and murder. Wacky Christian Right who murder abortion doctors… Aside from all the other legal bullshit they’ve gone through, and the regular extorition and harassment their ‘church,’ perpetuates. Evangelical and Televangelists (extortion) Jehovas Witness/Mormons (harassment) They’ve gone so far as to try to infilitrate government and manipulate to their interests. Thomas Jefferson (author: Declaration of Independence; 3rd POTUS) thought the whole country would become Unitarian Don’t believe me? Without doing some kind of factoid deluge, they are banned in France and Germany for these very reasons for starters. They are the epitome of evil corporations in America.Roman Catholicism was banned in England. Ever heard of a little thing called the Spanish Inquisition?

With all of this amazing evidence you’ve given us Spartan I’d have to say that, compared to other major world religions, Scientology fits in pretty damn nicely…
[/quote]
If I were to say that Hank Aaron was the greatest player to ever live… Someone would say Rose had more hits, Bonds had more homeruns, or Henderson had more stolen bases… does that make Hank Aaron not the best player ever?

You just tried to defend scientology by pulling some of the most negative aspects of other religions to compare it to a single group… That is quite sad…

And the defense of saying that other religions require 10% is moot because other religions require faith to become closer to “God” while scientology requires the low low cost of 500 payments of $19.99 to become more spiritual

[quote]IB.Curlin wrote:

ALL HAIL XENO![/quote]

I took one outside of Walmart a few months back. They make you hold these silver cylinders that detect your negative energy or some shit like that. I kept my cool throughout the test while trying not to laugh and the lady said, “Well…I guess you don’t need it now…but if you’re ever feeling stressed out, don’t forget about (insert bullshit book title here)”