Disfigurating Hollywood

Actors are not immortals, they’re still simple humans, but with all that money who of us would let it happen?
http://revistaquem.globo.com/Revista/Quem/0,,EMI25133-9531,00.html

Man wtf…is 10 years supposed to pass and your meant to look better and younger or something?

Plus these guys need to get in shape for movies and then they have pictures taken when they arent’ dieted down so people can pick on them. People are fucking pathetic sometimes.

They get critised for getting old, and they will get critised if they get plastic surgery or anything. Fuck being famous.

Oh Baxter, you know I don’t speak Spanish.

[quote]oneforship wrote:
Oh Baxter, you know I don’t speak Spanish.[/quote]

You don’t need to read the text, just look the photos and You’ll understand what’s about.
BTW, it’s not spanish, it’s portuguese, duhh.

Russell crowe is still the man.
My name is Gladiator.

Stop the presses!

People age and take bad pictures!

How dare they age, get plastic surgery, wear unflattering clothes, or walk around casually not bothering to pose for candid photos. Fucking assholes!

Seriously, it doesn’t matter wtf you do when you’re famous, you’re going to get shit for it. I doubt any of them give a damn what the bon bon eating tabloid buyer thinks anyways.

The only celebrity in that link who has obviously had plastic surgery is Mickey Rourke. The rest have just added weight over the years - none of them look particularly ‘old’ or weathered.

It is a bit ironic that Mickey Rourke has kept himself in the best physical shape, despite being the oldest of the pack, though.

good post.
However it seems to have fallen pray to the “i’m-going-to-be-as-obstinate-as-possible- with-everyone-in-an-atempt-to-come-accross-as-‘cool’- and-i’ll-state-the-obvious-rebuttal-with-little- or-no-acknowlegment-of-your-actual-point” crowd. We all know people age, thats not the point of the post, just like we know people get injured in car accidents, but that doesn’t mean the cars in the opposite carigway aren’t going to slow to a crawl so that people can stair and gasp at the blood and bits of brain.

People age, yes, but some do so better than others and i for one think that how you age reflects your character, and its fun to see who ages well and who doesn’t. so remember this, if you loose motivation and get fat, i’ll be the one behind you playing the tuba as you walk.

As far as I can tell, his point is that people with money shouldn’t let themselves age badly.

I’m honestly not sure that anything is so horrible about the way any of the actors linked look. Some bad plastic surgery is the only thing that I can see.

Who cares if Russel Crowe gained some weight. Actors should be paid to act.

How you age has nothing to do with character. It sometimes has a lot to do with genes. How in the hell can you tell someone’s character based upon a picture?

[quote]Christine wrote:
As far as I can tell, his point is that people with money shouldn’t let themselves age badly.

I’m honestly not sure that anything is so horrible about the way any of the actors linked look. Some bad plastic surgery is the only thing that I can see.

How you age has nothing to do with character. It sometimes has a lot to do with genes. How in the hell can you tell someone’s character based upon a picture?

[/quote]

Also, if you’re a Hollywood celebrity, you can’t fart without someone knowing it. Its like they’re not allowed to age gracefully. Or age at all.

You have to scratch your ass? Press take a photo of it and put it on Access Hollywood.

Need to pick your nose? Press takes a photo of it and puts it on Entertainment Tonight.

Wrinkle underneath your eyes and on your neck? They’ll dissect you on the E! Channel.

Media and the fans put the Celebs on a pedestal. They have no where to go but down.

[quote]oneforship wrote:
Oh Baxter, you know I don’t speak Spanish.[/quote]

its portguese.

This shit cracks me up.

People can sit and critisize famous people all day, but these actors have made more money, and done things that many of us will ever do. I can’t say shit about any of them while my life revolves around a cube, computers, and making sure my co-workers get to work on time.

I’d switch careers with them any day.

when you’re a celebrity who gets paid outrageous salaries, keeping your image is part of the deal

if you don’t, prepare to get widespread criticism, it goes with the territory.

[quote]Christine wrote:

[/quote]

Agreed. I am pretty sure most of the people who rank on the fact that celebrities get older will be looking pretty damned foul in 20 years themselves.

Most of those people only work out at all because a specific role requires it.

Half the problem is simply that they’re fat and out of shape.

Alec Baldwin or Russell Crowe could train balls-to-the wall for 6 months and eat right and look great again. Sure, they’d look older, but it’s being fat that makes them look so piss-poor…

[quote]Fabregas wrote:
when you’re a celebrity who gets paid outrageous salaries, keeping your image is part of the deal

if you don’t, prepare to get widespread criticism, it goes with the territory.[/quote]

How is getting older even a part of keeping your “image”? We all get older. That means you too will also look much older eventually. There isn’t shit you can do about it. Plastic surgery may smooth some rough edges but it sure as hell doesn’t turn 50+ years old into 20.

Russell Crowe is a poor example of a celebrity ‘letting himself go’. He has deliberately put on weight for a role several times.

The last pic in the first link was taken around the time he shot Master and Commander (judging by his hair, anyway). Peter Weir told him he needed to look tubby, so Crowe was essentially paid to eat. Nice work if you can get it.

Besides, every one of those photos were deliberately chosen to emphasize the aging of the actors in question just to add weight to the article (no pun intended). It is a journalistic trick.

I mean, it’s no wonder they are going to look different when there are only three photos to illustrate over twenty years worth of aging.

[quote]roybot wrote:

I mean, it’s no wonder they are going to look different when there are only three photos to illustrate over twenty years worth of aging.

[/quote]

Absolutely. It’s the juxtaposition of the photos that makes the comparison more shocking…

Alec Baldwin, Val Kilmer (who’s always been one of my favorite actors) and Russell Crowe have always been handsome guys. Now they’re older handsome guys. I’m preferential toward older men though and to me, handsome 40-50 year old men are usually sexier than handsome 20-30 year old men. I definitely think that my husband has gotten sexier as he’s aged.

I think people with a good sense of humor age well, though people who have a bitter outlook on life age badly. It shows in your face.