Discworld: Unseen Academicals

Anybody on the forums read Discworld? Or even if you don’t, anyone understand this?:

“She wishes to see you because, she says, she has a complaint. She is a maid.”
Lord Vetinari looked over the top of the paper.
“Tell her I can’t help her with that. Perhaps, oh, I don’t know, a different perfume would help?”

I’m assuming it’s some sort of pun, I can’t figure it out.

Maid is a term for an unmarried person.

I used to love his early books, I got bored of them years ago though, have any of the more recent ones been any good?

Also means virgin.

Terry Pratchett is the man! Sam Vimes is also truly awesome. Have you read ‘Good Omens’, which he wrote with Neil Gaimen? GREAT book.

it might be a british thing ala ‘women problems ? wtf i dont know’. he is veternari, used to juggling interdiscworld politics and crazies in anhk-morpork, and doesnt care ofr a lowly maid.
wat book is the quote from?
indeed sam vimes is da man - think medieval/tudor clint dirty harry with more morals. the city watch books are my favorite, along with the witches :slight_smile:

Ah! Thanks for the replies it was bugging me all day.

[quote]Cockney Blue wrote:
Maid is a term for an unmarried person.

I used to love his early books, I got bored of them years ago though, have any of the more recent ones been any good?[/quote]

I think the new Guards books, like Thud! are excellent. Though, I’ve yet to read any Discworld book that I didn’t love, so take it with a grain of salt.

[quote]Mad HORSE wrote:
Terry Pratchett is the man! Sam Vimes is also truly awesome. Have you read ‘Good Omens’, which he wrote with Neil Gaimen? GREAT book.[/quote]

I love good Omens, Gaiman and Pratchett should do more books together. Though Pratchett does have Alzheimer’s which sucks…

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
Mad HORSE wrote:
Terry Pratchett is the man! Sam Vimes is also truly awesome. Have you read ‘Good Omens’, which he wrote with Neil Gaimen? GREAT book.

I love good Omens, Gaiman and Pratchett should do more books together. Though Pratchett does have Alzheimer’s which sucks…[/quote]

Did not know that, that really sucks for him and his family.

[quote]Cockney Blue wrote:
chimera182 wrote:
Mad HORSE wrote:

I love good Omens, Gaiman and Pratchett should do more books together. Though Pratchett does have Alzheimer’s which sucks…

Did not know that, that really sucks for him and his family.[/quote]

He’s still writing though, well him and his wife co authored the new book.

I love the books, I have read tons of them. PM me if you want them electronically, I have over 30 of them.

And another good pic

[quote]b12sblue2002 wrote:
I love the books, I have read tons of them. PM me if you want them electronically, I have over 30 of them. [/quote]

Awesome, I’d PM you but I don’t think mine works. If you have A hat full of sky that would be great. I haven’t read it in a while.

Nice pics btw, I like the reading guide, it had some short stories I hadn’t heard of.

Yeah. that reading guide is really going to help when I go through them again. I never read them in any order, just as i could get my hands on them.

I have a hat full of sky no problem, email is b12sblue2002@yahoo.com unless you know of a way to post files on here…