Discrimination Against White Males

When did “conservatives” become such whiners?

[quote]Unaware wrote:
CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
I hope whoever sponsors this stuff is about to go into major surgery, looks at the surgeon who says: “Hey, I got in because of your law, man! There were many people way more qualified than me, but they were white males. I made mostly C’s and D’s, but thank God for your affirmative actions policies!!”

“Here comes the scalpel, baby!!!”

Lets just ignore that the LAST FEW HUNDRED YEARS have been full of “Hey, I got in because I’m white, there were many people way more qualified than me, but they were women, or black, or had a criminal record. I made mostly C’s and became POTUS!”

So you’re plan is to the opposite for a couple hundred years then we’ll call it even?[/quote]

No. My plan is to not act like history starts when I say it does or that I can ignore injustices in the past that benefit me today while bitching about policies that benefit others.

HH was just spouting the same mildly racist argument against AA: that a woefully underqualified black person is going to get an undeserved position and it will directly affect his life.

The first part is rife with its own racism; he expects non-whites to perform less well than whites, he expects non-whites are looking for (or will accept) a “free ride” for being a minority, he ignores racial inequalities in our society (creating a fantasy where the only inequality is AA and no others exist). From what I understand, AA only comes into affect when two people are of similiar qualifications… so there is no need to worry about going under the knife of a doctor that got “mostly C’s and D’s” but pushed out the straight A white male doctors to get the position.

But it does raise the issue of getting the absolute best possible treatment, products, service, etc – and if AA is a factor, in even the smallest way, I cannot be fully assured I’m getting the absolute best. This is a disconcerning thought until, at least in my case, you consider all the years in this country where a minority simply could not get a job over a white person, no matter how much more qualified that person was. So, given this countries history, can you or I be assured we’ve ever had the absolute best care or service? This certainly doesn’t change the fact, but does take the panic out of the notion.

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
When did “conservatives” become such whiners? [/quote]

This is off topic for the thread but I think it’s related to the rise in talk radio. That could make for an interesting book if it hasn’t already been done a dozen times; “How Talk Radio Changed/Destroyed/Took Over/Turned into a bunch of Whiners the Right in America.” I think at this point there’s a certain underlying sense of relief among the talk-radio right that they’re now fully the minority party and able to whine at full pitch once again. Granted I don’t think AA is a front burner issue with this crowd-- or anyone else for that matter-- at this point.

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
When did “conservatives” become such whiners? [/quote]

Sine “liberals” turned whining into a profitable business?

[quote]steadfastred wrote:
People get the government they deserve. You got retards running yours? You know what to do.[/quote]

Kill all the retards?

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
Unaware wrote:
CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
I hope whoever sponsors this stuff is about to go into major surgery, looks at the surgeon who says: “Hey, I got in because of your law, man! There were many people way more qualified than me, but they were white males. I made mostly C’s and D’s, but thank God for your affirmative actions policies!!”

“Here comes the scalpel, baby!!!”

Lets just ignore that the LAST FEW HUNDRED YEARS have been full of “Hey, I got in because I’m white, there were many people way more qualified than me, but they were women, or black, or had a criminal record. I made mostly C’s and became POTUS!”

So you’re plan is to the opposite for a couple hundred years then we’ll call it even?

No. My plan is to not act like history starts when I say it does or that I can ignore injustices in the past that benefit me today while bitching about policies that benefit others.

HH was just spouting the same mildly racist argument against AA: that a woefully underqualified black person is going to get an undeserved position and it will directly affect his life.

The first part is rife with its own racism; he expects non-whites to perform less well than whites, he expects non-whites are looking for (or will accept) a “free ride” for being a minority, he ignores racial inequalities in our society (creating a fantasy where the only inequality is AA and no others exist). From what I understand, AA only comes into affect when two people are of similiar qualifications… so there is no need to worry about going under the knife of a doctor that got “mostly C’s and D’s” but pushed out the straight A white male doctors to get the position.

But it does raise the issue of getting the absolute best possible treatment, products, service, etc – and if AA is a factor, in even the smallest way, I cannot be fully assured I’m getting the absolute best. This is a disconcerning thought until, at least in my case, you consider all the years in this country where a minority simply could not get a job over a white person, no matter how much more qualified that person was. So, given this countries history, can you or I be assured we’ve ever had the absolute best care or service? This certainly doesn’t change the fact, but does take the panic out of the notion.
[/quote]

No history doesn’t start when anyone says, but History is just that, History. We should be fixing the mistakes of the past not perpetuating them onto new generations. So many people who talk about individual liberty and civil rights don’t actually give a shit about whether there is equitable treatment of all people, just that their Age/Sex/Race/Creed doesn’t get the short end of the stick.

[quote]Christine wrote:
slimjim wrote:
Fuck it, time to invade Australia and spread our freedom

Hell no!

What do they have that we want? Deadly snakes, deadly spiders, and deadly ants all surrounded by an ocean containing deadly jellyfish? No thank you!

They can keep Australia.

P.S.

Kangaroos are mean, dirty animals too… we have been brainwashed by cartoons and Olivia Neuton John that Australia isn’t just for criminals anymore.
[/quote]

No doubt it takes balls to live there. Like us, the Aussies are the ‘mutts’ of the world.

And it was Steve Irwin who made us all idolize Oz.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
I thought Aussies had brains…

"DISCRIMINATION against dominant white males will soon be encouraged in a bid to boost the status of women, the disabled and cultural and religious minorities.

Such positive discrimination – treating people differently in order to obtain equality for marginalised groups - is set to be legalised under planned changes to the Equal Opportunity Act foreshadowed last week by state Attorney-General Rob Hulls.

The laws are also expected to protect the rights of people with criminal records to get a job, as long as their past misdeeds are irrelevant to work being sought."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0%2C21985%2C24771759-2862%2C00.html

[/quote]

Positive discrimination kind of reminds me of “friendly fire.”

[quote]Christine wrote:
slimjim wrote:

Hell no!

What do they have that we want? Deadly snakes, deadly spiders, and deadly ants all surrounded by an ocean containing deadly jellyfish? No thank you!

They can keep Australia.

P.S.

Kangaroos are mean, dirty animals too… we have been brainwashed by cartoons and Olivia Neuton John that Australia isn’t just for criminals anymore.
[/quote]

You forgot one thing.

You couldn’t handle me, darling.

[quote]Scrotus wrote:
Spry wrote:
slimjim wrote:

You couldn’t handle the bush, mate.

But seriously, the article was about the State of Victoria not Australia.

I’m safe in Queensland (also currently working in Tasmania).

No, you couldn’t handle the Bush!!!
[/quote]

Oh, the guy who dodges shoes? I get it!

[quote]Unaware wrote:
No history doesn’t start when anyone says, but History is just that, History. We should be fixing the mistakes of the past not perpetuating them onto new generations. So many people who talk about individual liberty and civil rights don’t actually give a shit about whether there is equitable treatment of all people, just that their Age/Sex/Race/Creed doesn’t get the short end of the stick.

[/quote]

Which is why I added that my plan includes not ignoring the parts of history which have lead to me having an unfair advantage and pretend that I don’t. As I’ve said of AA before I agree with the goal AA works toward, but not how AA goes about it.