Discouraged, Need Some Help

oh yes, and i take some big rest periods between sets on all my big lifts, so i dont think im overworking myself, and i try to increase the weight every week on all my lifts if i cant increase the weight then i try to get an extra rep on every set, so thanks to everyone here, especially scott man that one post really got me motivated, i needed it, thanks to every one of you guys for taking the time to read my post and helping me out.

Don’t look at others, concentrate on your own progress.

[quote]Sxio wrote:
Don’t look at others, concentrate on your own progress. [/quote]

thanx for the advice, thats what i am doing, its just hard sometimes to stay focused thats why i started this, for me and for others who are off track a little and need some words of advice.

Hey man, seeing how we’re both sophomores in college, I’m about 8lbs away from your current weight (@5’7 1/2), I want you to keep going at it. You know you love it, because I know I love it. I absolutely know how you love the thrill of gaining a pound or two a week. I know you LOVE the feeling of getting just a 5lb PR on the deadlift and squat. So why quit? All that consistency shouldn’t be wasted, and only that consistency will bring the true potential you hold.

Be patient, it’ll help you realize Holy Shit IT WAS WORTH IT.

No probs dude.

You can always tell the newer lifters because they’re the ones looking around them.

There will always be someone bigger than you, but it’s a waste of effort to even think about them. The important thing is that YOU are getting stronger, YOU are getting bigger.

I found headphones and a ‘here to work’ attitude got me through when I trained at a commercial gym.

well you guys have sure been more than helpful, thank you guys so much, i gotta get me a new i-pod or something cuz the gym music is fuckin killing me lol

RockmanX88- thanks for that post it was great and yes it is worth it and your right i love that feeling of getting a new PR and gaining weight seeing old friends who accuse me of being on something, great feeling, and btw where do you go to school?

pure_country- No problem man. I go to Towson University in Maryland. Trust me man, I’ve been to gyms in California (where I’m from) and it really personally doesn’t get much better when it comes down to what people do everyday in Maryland (every angle upper body and no squats).

Just ignore the bullshit with some hard music and note that you love what you do. Strive to better yourself, because working consistently and eating well will only make the factors which you can’t control (genetics) better.

Hopefully this doesn’t hijack the thread ha, but how in the world did you end up at Towson coming from California? That’s right in my neck of the woods(sister just graduated there) and I’ve never known someone to travel that far to Towson.

I read the original post for this topic and it reminded me of a hilarious clip a friend sent to me from youtube…I think this may be the kinda guy you were talking about…enjoy! - YouTube

one thing i did was train early in the morning. result? gym is empty, i do what ever i want try new things like deadlifts and squats and not worry about the a- hole next to me squatting 3 inches. or the clown on a 45 degree preacher doing partials thinking it’s full range of course. i find this crap very distracting.

my point is try to find a time where these meat heads are not around. if thats not possible you must learn to ignore. remember some that seem strong are not actually properly doing the lift anyway.

I don’t think I can add anything useful to what’s been said already, but on a different note , it’s funny you call yourself pure country because you have a face that just begs to be seen between a ten gallon hat and a telecaster. I mean that in all sincerity.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
I don’t think I can add anything useful to what’s been said already, but on a different note , it’s funny you call yourself pure country because you have a face that just begs to be seen between a ten gallon hat and a telecaster. I mean that in all sincerity.[/quote]

haha thas funny cuz i use to play in lots of bands and im actually a guitar player? i played in all kinds of bands and was raised around music, i mostly played hardcore music, something like hatebreed until i got older and now ive went back to my roots, country music and bluegrass, but i absolutely love all music as long as its done right, but hey thanx man

hey thanks guys for all the positive replies, it means a lot to me that you guys are actually giving me some great replies, just want to say thanks for everything, and i really needed all this inspiration

[quote]kps35 wrote:
I read the original post for this topic and it reminded me of a hilarious clip a friend sent to me from youtube…I think this may be the kinda guy you were talking about…enjoy! - YouTube [/quote]

omg yes that is the fuckin guys that i hate to see in the gym, thanks man lol

Like I was saying earlier today…deadlifts and squats are what separate the men from the boys. I see you busting your ass every week…you’re definitely doing it right. It’s good to hear that I’m not the only one that gets aggravated by “those” people that simply take up space in our gym. I’ve been trying to come in before noon 2 or 3 times a week…at times I’m the only person there. I know you take Friday off but there is practically no one in the gym on Fridays.

[quote]BN wrote:
Like I was saying earlier today…deadlifts and squats are what separate the men from the boys. I see you busting your ass every week…you’re definitely doing it right. It’s good to hear that I’m not the only one that gets aggravated by “those” people that simply take up space in our gym. I’ve been trying to come in before noon 2 or 3 times a week…at times I’m the only person there. I know you take Friday off but there is practically no one in the gym on Fridays. [/quote]

wats up man! i knew that you had to read T-Nation dude, because you fuckin train too hard not to man, i see you doing deadlifts and DEEP SQUATS, im talkin ass to grass squats every week, man its good to know that your in the gym busting your ass and i appreciate having someone in there say hi every once in a while dude, thanks for the post man, and maybe i will start coming in on fridays sometimes, but i know someday dude people like us will be the ones that everyone is saying wat the fuck are those guys on there fuckin beasts!!! haha, see you next week big man, thanks for being a friend in the gym and fuckin training hard like you should

Bump - some things never change.

That’s the truth if ever there was truth.