T Nation

Discharged from Military for Steroid Use

… they think steroid users are just as bad as other drug users.

my friend and myself have just been discharched from the army for gear, whilst we are both good at our jobs and fit cardio wise.

steroids haven’t effected our performance in our job or our mood or personality.

The commander officer of out unit says steroids are just as bad as other recreational drugs, i spoke to him in a interview and he has no knowledge of steroids whatsoever but is so anti steroids.

why are people so retarded when it some to steroids is it the media, I pointed out in a interview how much alcohol and ciggerettes causes a problem in the army, eg unfit soldiers, cost in damages from drunken incidents , people loosing there driving licences which is important in many jobs in the army, and steroids hasn’t effected the army whatsoever and i didnt really get an answer.

sorry for this but needed to get it off my chest lol,

what are all your views?

no offense, but it is a condition of your employment not to use. what do you expect to happen if you get caught?

That sucks for you bro and your boy. HOnestly though the law is the law and if you don’t want to follow it make sure you don’t get caught. DO I think it’s bullshit? Yes completely. Especially when I reacently spoke to a very high ranking officer who said “just about every swinging dick over there is high on heroin”.

As for nobody having an answer to anything you said? NO SHIT! You realize that’s like trying to explain to a cop how the weed they caught you smoking doesn’t really have any effect on anything or anyone at all and it’s retarded to be illegal and to just let it slide bc alcohol is waay more fucked up and is legal ect ect.

Again sorry for you recent turn of events but perhaps it’s a blessing in disguise.

All very true, unfortunately your not likely to change a policy like that with your so called…logic

They are stub urn bureaucratic fools.

Personally, I say roid out if you want to. Just don’t get caught. If you know what you’re doing, then do them. If not, read up and hit 'em up. I don’t think they cause any problems with service or lifestyle, especially since they enhance performance and strength, kinda the whole idea of military service.

But, in all fairness, you knew they were illegal. You knew your command would separate you if you failed a drug test for steroids just like anything else. Marines are getting separated for Spice, a legal herbal smoke, as well as Salvia, also legal.

It sucks that you got caught, and I’m sorry the rules are so backwards. But that’s the law. You could crusade a Pro-Steroid End-Prohibition Movement, ala the Legalize Marijuana people, but you might not get the results you desire. There is a lot to be said for activism, win or lose. It’s our country, and we have the right to oppose the government if we feel their laws are unjust. Your call, obviously.

Good luck, hope you don’t get a DD, maybe get luck and get an OTH.

I suppose all those in the military who just want to get out and want to get jacked have found their loophole.

ye , we were getting away with it for ages and it was only bcos some marine in the same camp got caught in possesion so they diceded to steroid test all the known gym queens. Ive had many drugs tests whilst being on gear b4 as a regular drugs test dosent test for steroids in the army.

I was planning on leaving in a years time anyway. The army is shit for anyone who loves training alot of the time, i always loose size on tours and big exersizes and stress in the army isnt good for muscle growth

sorry forgot to say im in the british army if i confused anyone, and steroids are actaully legal here even without a presciption, just not in the army.

thanks for the comments guys, im not down or anything about it i just wanted to know what people think as its bullshit with all the other crap that goes on in the british army there clamping down on the juicers lol

I had a few buddies that got out for that, it was all Big Chicken Dinners for them (Bad Conduct), so not a real good loophole lol.

It’s funny you mention this I’ve been going to training session with a bunch of Marine OCS candidates. All of them juice.

Wow juice is legal but you can’t juice when you are in the military…that’s fucking plain idiotic.

BTW of course they are all on juice you’re in Jersey :wink:

to the op, my friend was discharged from the british army for some thing else, and was out of his head on coke, e, and alcohol every time he had leave, he said (and girls I know who lived near an army base) said all the squaddies are pumped up full of steroids, my friend who was discharged said his officer, when it came to drug testing would ask the people who didn’t ‘want’ to be drug tested to hang their head when they were lined up (on parade or whatever you call it)
Your probably unlucky, but lucky you didn’t get blown up in afganistan fighting a stupid war over oil for power hungry corrupt fat cats.
Good luck…

[quote]steaders88 wrote:

, and steroids are actaully legal here even without a presciption, just not in the army.

[/quote]

Hey I know i don’t post here but searched because i’m joining the army and wanted to know where I stood with prohormones etc.

But steroids are now banned in the UK, think it happened at the start of the year. They never specified but you could find the info if you searched, but it states 12/14 anabolic steroids now put on the banned substance list, as C classified drugs. They said it was to do with the olympics, anything to ban another substance though.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

hi im just curious what happened to you after you got kicked out for the roids? im thinking of starting a cycle in the army but worried about getting caught by CDT… and if the worse happens is it a DD??? cheers, also what you do since you left the army?

BUMP ANY ONE?

[quote]steaders88 wrote:
… they think steroid users are just as bad as other drug users.

my friend and myself have just been discharched from the army for gear, whilst we are both good at our jobs and fit cardio wise.

steroids haven’t effected our performance in our job or our mood or personality.

The commander officer of out unit says steroids are just as bad as other recreational drugs, i spoke to him in a interview and he has no knowledge of steroids whatsoever but is so anti steroids.

why are people so retarded when it some to steroids is it the media, I pointed out in a interview how much alcohol and ciggerettes causes a problem in the army, eg unfit soldiers, cost in damages from drunken incidents , people loosing there driving licences which is important in many jobs in the army, and steroids hasn’t effected the army whatsoever and i didnt really get an answer.

sorry for this but needed to get it off my chest lol,

what are all your views?

[/quote]
I have gotten this attitude that eating healthy and loving to go to the gym is almost an undesireable trait in the air force while I have served these past 4 years. when you are constantly looked at weird and made fun of because you bring in 6 chicken breasts, tuna cans, a steak and a huge tub of rice for those long 12 hour days in the blistering heat on the flightline.

I have come to terms that people can not and wont accept our lifestyle and choices. no matter how many times I have to explain why I need to eat every 3 hours or why I love persueing my bodybuilding goals, there is always some fat sarcastic SOB that insists that if he wanted to he would have better results than I have worked, 24 hours a day, for these past few years, dispite the long hours and excersises, all while he is chowing down on his 3rd big mac and second helping of fries and a “diet” coke since thats “healthy”

I feel your pain man, alot of people on base, esply in the fire dept, have used and continue to while others like me have gotten tested becasue I am the only one with a 32 inch waste and not fat unlike the rest of my shop and they say there is no way I can eat as much as I do without being on steriods…

Im out next week and plan on persuing the healthy lifestyle that I have come to love. there is a time and place for everything but it seems that the time for AAS and the military to mix is far from close so look at the silver lining if nothing else and be happy you now have the freedom to go after your goals dispite what the military or this corrupt goverment thinks