Disappointing Service At Elitefts

12 days ago i placed an order at Elitefts. At the time of my order all the items were in stock. 12 days later i get an email saying one of the items i ordered is on back order and we will post your entire order out when we get the item back in stock.

Well I have three issues here, firstly why send me an invoice saying the item is in stock, secondly no estimated time of delivery of the item was given and thirdly the thing that pisses me off the most why wait 12 days after my order to tell me about it.

That is bad business and has me thinking Elitefts don’t seem to care about its customers. So here I am waiting for an unknown time period for items that i would not have ordered from Elite had I known that they were out of stock.

Anyone else had this trouble or is this a common issue with them?

Um, you know you can call them and talk about it. They’re really good at trying to make things right after a mixup.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Um, you know you can call them and talk about it. They’re really good at trying to make things right after a mixup.[/quote]

Agreed. You really should call if you have an issue with them. They generally have great customer service.

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:
Um, you know you can call them and talk about it. They’re really good at trying to make things right after a mixup.

Agreed. You really should call if you have an issue with them. They generally have great customer service.
[/quote]

Third. Give them a chance to make good before you drag their name through the mud on a popular forum.

I’ve had notrhing but the best experince with Dave, just call them, you could have solved the problem in the time it took you to post.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Ruggerlife wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:

Third. Give them a chance to make good before you drag their name through the mud on a popular forum.[/quote]

Agreed, really makes you question his screen name.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:
Agreed. You really should call if you have an issue with them. They generally have great customer service.[/quote]

Firstly I am international customer so calling them is a very very expensive option, thus adding an extra totally unnecessary expense to my wait. Also they had at the time of my post not replied to my email.

I think not telling me anything for 12 days is chance enough don’t you think?? Personally I should have been told as soon as they realized they were out of stock. I don’t think Im dragging them through the mud. These are the facts of this order

1. The item was in stock when I placed the order
  2. They took 12 days to contact me to tell me the item was out of stock.
  3. They gave me no estimated time for the item to be back in stock.

However its only FACT 2 that really pisses me off and makes me question their customer service. So I was asking if this is common.

BTW it was because of there name in this popular forum i chose to order through them.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:
Agreed, really makes you question his screen name.
[/quote]
Just like your screen name huh buddy???

I’ve never had anything but super quick service from them, and usually when I call I actually get Jim on the phone. I’d give them a ring and I’m sure they’ll straighten it out.

So i wait the reply from my email to them.
I am hoping that this is a one off for a couple of reasons,

Firstly - they have alot of stuff i still want to order (i can get a heap of stuff from the one place - makes shipping cheaper)

Secondly - I really dig their articles, i have learnt alot.

Just cause their service has hiccups does not mean they do not care. My impression is they are quite a small team and their logistics are probably about 70% what they should be … most businesses have their logistics at about 60-80% if you ask me. Very few have things top notch with no hiccups.

I’ve never had a problem with elitefts although the delivery has always taken awhile to australia or uk, and also the postage is absurdly high to those destinations, and at that premium it should take only 5 days not several weeks.

Still I think their team really does care about their customers, and they have great products. And great specials which I jump on as soon as they come out e.g the $6 dvds, nice!

How long ago did you email to complain? What did you say? Did they ever respond?

[quote]ballsofsteel wrote:
Firstly I am international customer so calling them is a very very expensive option, thus adding an extra totally unnecessary expense to my wait. Also they had at the time of my post not replied to my email.

[/quote]

When did you send them the e-mail?

Using their “contact us” link, I’ve always received a quick response.

http://www.elitefts.com/contact/default.asp

If you outline your issue and tell you’d like to call but cost is an issue since your in X country. Ask for your options, such as;

1. how long do they expect till the order is ready for shipment?

2. Remove item from order and ship the rest. Ship other order later or cancel it.

3. Cancel your order.

4. other options?

But I’d have an idea what you want first.

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
ballsofsteel wrote:

When did you send them the e-mail?

Using their “contact us” link, I’ve always received a quick response.

http://www.elitefts.com/contact/default.asp

If you outline your issue and tell you’d like to call but cost is an issue since your in X country. Ask for your options, such as;

1. how long do they expect till the order is ready for shipment?

2. Remove item from order and ship the rest. Ship other order later or cancel it.

3. Cancel your order.

4. other options?

But I’d have an idea what you want first. [/quote]

Thanks I finally got a reply
They have been in contact - they have exceeded my expectations. I just wanted to know when my order would be ready and why it took so long to tell me the item was out of stock.

Seems a surge in orders this month, the person who does the international orders has been sick and a few USA public holidays have contributed to the delay.

Thanks for all your replies.

Thanks to Elitefts for your reply

[quote]ballsofsteel wrote:

Thanks to Elitefts for your reply[/quote]

Apparently, some patience and consideration was all you needed. Try and be level headed next time instead of crying over spilt milk.

ballsofsteel meet CrAz3d

CrAz3d meet ballsofsteel

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1596944

[quote]YourXLNS wrote:
ballsofsteel meet CrAz3d

CrAz3d meet ballsofsteel

[/quote]
yeah let me see how long ago did i place my order 12 days not a couple of hours
get off you high horse your self righteous twat

[quote]kroby wrote:
ballsofsteel wrote:

Thanks to Elitefts for your reply

Apparently, some patience and consideration was all you needed. Try and be level headed next time instead of crying over spilt milk.[/quote]

my original issue still stands - 12 days to tell me.
a nice email saying sorry for the delay and why it took so long, an ETA would have been nice originally not me having to ask for one.
consideration goes both ways

Yes they fixed their mistake but the still made it in the first place

[quote]YourXLNS wrote:
ballsofsteel meet CrAz3d
CrAz3d meet ballsofsteel
[/quote]

Hey, let’s harm someone’s business reputation today!

I’m all for calling out scammers and phonies. Many deserve such treatment. But here a couple of douche bags just threw temper tantrums for no seemingly good reason.

I, too, am an international customer for EliteFTS. I have ALWAYS received my shipment BEFORE the expected arrival date. I just TODAY, 4 hours ago, received 2 power belts 3 weeks before they were due.

The belts are amazing and so is the companies service.

Amir

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
YourXLNS wrote:
ballsofsteel meet CrAz3d
CrAz3d meet ballsofsteel

Hey, let’s harm someone’s business reputation today!

I’m all for calling out scammers and phonies. Many deserve such treatment. But here a couple of douche bags just threw temper tantrums for no seemingly good reason.[/quote]